Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Empty house not heart

Pictures are worth a thousand memories

by The_best_cliche 12 reviews

Time is just a man-made measurement. Time changes everything. What you are always affects who you are. Sometimes you lose the most important things because of them. Short Patrick Story.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-05-16 - Updated: 2007-05-16 - 1549 words

2Moving
Staring at the box, Patrick was trying to reason with himself not to pick it up. He didn't want to go through it. Everything in there would just be a reminder of what they had and what he had destroyed. Yes, he knew it was all his fault. What else could have happened? Being Patrick Stump, lead singer of Fall Out Boy was nothing more than the single reason that ruined every friendship and relationship he had. No one wanted to wait around until it was a good time for him or he was able to talk, even if they would take the initiative and call first there was probably something else he had to be doing and answering his phone was not on the schedule.

Michele had suffered years of him being gone months at a time, hanging on just late night phone conversations to get her through until the next one. How do you love someone and manage to stay happy when you never see them? Patrick tried to be the best boyfriend he could , and he did have her come out as much as possible based on when college was on break, or they had the room for her to come. This amazing woman had even suffered touring in the van just to be with him.

Shaking his head, Patrick reluctantly grabbed the box and returned to the bed. Sitting Indian style, he took the top off and was just flooded with memories. Quickly he took out the 'goodbye note' she had left him when he arrived home. He didn't want to read that again and moved on to the next thing. It was the cute little piece of 'art' that came with the first Kid Robot hoodie he had gotten her. She had went on and on about how spending almost $200, if not more for a hoodie was ridiculous and that she didn't want one. Patrick just wanted to show her it wasn't the money he cared about, it was her. It was adorable because they had matching hoodies. He remembered her surprise when she realized the hoodie was hers. He normally put out the hoodie he wanted to wear, and in normal nature, Michele would go to put it on first. It didn't matter that it was big. She just wanted to smell him all day. There was comfort in having his scent around her all day, even if he wasn't. That day he let her get to the hoodie, and as she put it on she noticed it was actually fitting her. Looking up, Patrick just smile wearing his matching hoodie. She was shocked, and so appreciative. Patrick inhaled deeply, it pained him knowing he had the power to create the most amazing smile on her face. A smile that spread from one side to the next, a smile that almost made her eyes bright as they shined. Her face would light up and her beauty could just radiate. Unfortunately, he knew he also had the power to torment her heart and soul. He could only imagine all the tears she had wasted on him, all the times her heart broke because of him. The nights Michele couldn't sleep because of another promise Patrick had to break. It wasn't that he wanted to, he just had no other choice.

Putting the little toy art down, he picked up a bunch of pictures. They had albums with pictures in it but, they just kept special ones in the box. The pictures that had a more significant meaning to them. He went through a few and smiled. They were always so happy when they were together. You could just tell how perfect they were.

Patrick stopped at the next picture. It was actually a picture of him. One she took of him on stage. It was the night she decided to come out and surprise him while he was on tour. It had to be 2004, before they headlined the Believers never Die tour because they were still playing small clubs. She had managed to get into the club first and make it to the front right in front of him. He can still remember how he forgot the words when he saw her face. Time stopped at that very moment. He didn't know what to do. Part of him wanted to leap off the stage and grab her, but with the almost 200 kids yelling the words back at him and his band mates continuing to play he couldn't. After the show though, he didn't let her go.



"I've missed you" Patrick kissed her lips sweetly. His hands were buried in her hair. "I..I can't believe you're here"

Michele looked down shyly as she nodded "I know, I've missed you soo much. I had to come to see you." lifting her eyes to meet his. "You were amazing tonight. It was my first time seeing your band perform, and you were just amazing"

He chuckled as his hands slid down to her waist "we totally suck live, but thanks. I was only playing for you"

"Good, because I was just here for you" Michele wrapped her arms around his neck bringing him closer to her as she tilted her face and kissed him. "I was so proud watching you up there. Thank you.. " she was just so beautiful. Such at peace with their arms wrapped around each other.

"thank you?" Patrick laughed, fixing his cap a little bit. Stealing a little kiss. The guys had known to leave him alone and they let him wander away as they loaded all the of the equipment in the trailer themselves.

"yeah" Michele nodded staring into the eyes of the man she had driven almost 7 hours to see. She loved the way his hair fell to his shoulder and almost did a little flip at the end. The way, his eyes were almost the brightest form of gray she had seen on him they could almost pass as a pale blue. Or how his smile was so big you saw all of his canines, including the little gap between his second set. That smile made his nose almost scrunch up like when he laughed. He was just perfect. "thank you for being my everything. For giving me soo much strength and believing in me. I know it has only been a few months but.. I love you" the words felt so right to say. "I love everything about you. I love how you'll argue your point, your randomness, your infectious laugh. I love how you make me smile, and make my heart skip beats. I just.. I love you Patrick Stump, for all that you are, and for who you are. I love you." she nodded.

Most people are so scared to say those words for the first time, but not her. She knew she wanted to say it, she needed to say it and it just made him the happiest man in the world. Playing his last show before his own first headlining tour and having her there proved to be the most perfect thing. "I love you too" he leaned forward and brought her into a sensuous kiss. His hand resting on her neck as he took control of the kiss. After a few moments he pulled away, inhaling deeply their foreheads meeting as he repeated the words again. "I love you too"




That was the first time they said those words. The first time she watched him perform and the first time he understood what it felt like to feel completed by another person. It was amazing, Those words were the most simplest yet best thing he ever heard in his life. Sighing, Patrick allowed two fingers to touch his lips. He could still feel how they burned from that kiss, or maybe burned to feel those lips against his again. Michele had consumed him as a person, completed him as person. Now, to lose that he felt lost without her. She had given so much to show him how she felt about him. He wondered if he had ever given her half as much. Did he ever meet her half way?

Patrick scoffed at the idea of loving him for everything that he was and for who he was That was almost comical now. He was the problem that ruined everything. That band that she was mesmerized to watch would be the thing that caused for their spiral downward. Being Patrick Stump of Fall Out Boy would be the reason their amazing relationship would end. Being who he was would be the reason he killed the heart of the one person that reminded him his heart beat.







I am soo sorry that this update took so long. I deeply apologize an ill bribe you with a three scoop ice cream sundae with little multi-colored Patrick sprinkles!! You know to match all of this colorful wardrobe. Anyway, I really do hope you like this chapter. I would greatly appreciate any reviews or criticism. If you have any ideas you can pass those along too! Anyway, I truly love you all. For my dedicated reviewers. It is amazing to have you. You bring a smile to my face and I now write for you. Thank you =)
Sign up to rate and review this story