Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Hecate's Aftermath

To bed

by tsuki-girl 6 reviews

Jay and Herry take Theresa to her room, but Jay is unwilling to leave.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Angst, Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-05-11 - Updated: 2007-05-11 - 1558 words - Complete

1Insightful
Hello all and welcome to chapter three. I've been fighting off a bit of writer's block because I started the story so long ago now (at least, that's what it feels like) it's hard to get back into the swing of things and to remember all my original ideas. Such is life. Hopefully you'll all think it turned out well. :)

As always, I don't own Class of the Titans, the room designs, characters etc, etc, etc. They all belong to Studio B and the people Studio B sold the rights to. (Like Teletoon and whomever else.)

Enjoy, nonetheless.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Archie, Atlanta and Neil had reached the top of the basement stairs, Neil had darted past the two, muttering something about beauty sleep and puffy eyes. A few moments later, they could here the frantic thumping of feet on the second set of stairs and the blonde raced towards his bedroom.

Smirking at his team mate's never-ending concern with himself, Archie continued to limp only slightly as the pair made their way to the stairs in the hall. He had tried to walk as normally as possible up the basement steps, but now was having difficulty keeping the pained look from his face. But as much as his ankle ached and throbbed with each step, he didn't want to look like a weakling in front of Atlanta.

Concentrating hard on ignoring the growing pain, Archie almost missed the question his friend posed a moment later.

"So what do you think is up with Jay?"

"Huh?" Archie replied, stopping at the base of the main floor's stairs to look at his comrade. "What are you talking about?"

"Oh come on, Arch, you saw how Jay was looking at Theresa. Isn't it obvious?" The huntress placed her hands on her hips and raised an eyebrow. "I think he likes her. And I mean likes likes her."

Archie felt his face flush as he stared down at her defiant pose. The thought of talking about feelings of affection that one team mate held for another suddenly felt a little awkward, although the teen was nonetheless bemused that Atlanta had so easily notice Jay's affections for Theresa and completely missed all his own subtle hints.

Momentarily speechless, Archie was about to reply when the sound of heavy footsteps interrupted his thoughts and caused the pair to turn.

Although neither Archie nor Atlanta could see anyone, it was obvious that Herry and probably Jay were headed their way. Dismayed at the bad timing, Archie was not willing to lose a perfect opportunity to talk to Atlanta, despite how strange it may feel to him. "Come on," he said, motioning up the stairs. "I'll tell you in my room."

Jay had hurried up the basement steps and dashed into the TV room in order to throw the two pillows he had been clutching onto the closest couch. Turning to follow Herry who was a few feet away, he noticed that the teen had paused and was watching him closely. Stopping dead in his tracks, Jay felt embarrassed once again and uneasily ran his fingers through his hair.

"What?" Jay asked sheepishly.

"Nothing," Herry replied. "You just look a little...I dunno...on edge, I guess. Are you ok?"

Gripping the blanket which still remained in his clutches, Jay let out a small sigh and allowed his gaze to drift over to the sleeping girl in Herry's arms. Her head was tilted back, causing her mass of ginger locks to droop down in a suspended heap. Her lips were slightly parted and Jay for the first time noticed that her left arm was dangling limply. He couldn't bear how fragile she looked.

Walking up to them, Jay carefully took Theresa's loose hand in his and placed it on her stomach.
Absent-mindedly, he stroked her check as he murmured; "Yeah...I'll be fine."

Herry watched the scenario play out in confused and surprised silence. Yes, he knew that Jay cared about everyone on the team, but this? However, instead of asking one of the many questions that were beginning to form in his brain, the descendant of Hercules merely smiled and nodded. "Ok, then let's get her to bed."

Turning, Herry made his way to the stairs and began his careful ascent towards Theresa's room. Jay was quick to follow.

Upon reaching her room, Jay surpassed Herry in order to open the door and turn on the light. As they made their way inside the Feng Shui-inspired living quarters, the descendant of Jason walked over to the opposite side of Theresa's bed and dropped the blanket onto the floor in order to prepare himself for the next task at hand.

Theresa's years of karate training had taught her a great deal more than just how to fight. Not only could she spar with any partner, but the intense discipline she had acquired while earning her black belt had turned her into a master not only of defence and attack, but also of cleanliness. Anyone would be hard-pressed to find a speck of dirt or dust anywhere in her room, and the one thing she prided herself on most was her ability to make a bed.

"I bounced a coin off these sheets once", Jay thought. At the time, he had been amused and incredibly impressed with Theresa's skill, especially considering that her bed was only a few inches off the ground. Now, as he knelt down and tried to yank the covers free, he found her bed-making ability to be the greatest annoyance he had ever encountered. After several seconds of prying and pulling, Jay finally accomplished his task.

"What does she do? Glue them in place?" Herry quipped as he knelt down across from Jay. Effortlessly holding out his arms, the brawny teen gently lowered Theresa onto her mattress, regarding her for a moment. Looking over at his male friend, Herry innocently asked; "I guess she's sleeping in these clothes, huh?"

Jay's eyes went wide for a split second as a mental image of himself removing Theresa's jeans and top flashed through his mind. "Uh, yeah," he stammered, quickly covering the girl's body with the covers.

"Then my work here is done." Herry rose and dusted off his hands as he smiled down at Jay. "It's time for bed. And maybe a snack. I'm kinda hungry," he added thoughtfully.

Placing a hand tentatively on his stomach, Herry watched Jay for a moment. His comrade had made no attempt to move or even look up. "Uh, Jay?" the teen asked in confusion. "You coming?"

Meeting Herry's gaze, Jay nodded briefly before turning his attention back to Theresa. For a second, it looked as if Jay was going to continue kneeling next to the bed, but slowly, without taking his gaze off Theresa, the teen slowly stood.

Herry gave little notice to Jay's actions, but instead began to wonder out loud what he should eat as he made his way towards the door. Jay followed behind with little energy, and upon reaching the exit, he turned to give Theresa one last look as he flicked off the light switch.

'I want to stay with her', he realized.

Suddenly, Jay remembered that they hadn't taken off Theresa's shoes. That thought seemed to be all the reason he needed to go back into her room and remain there. Turning to Herry, who was heading towards the stairs and kitchen, he loudly whispered, "Good night." Herry merely raised an arm briefly in response as he continued towards his destination. Nothing got in between him and his food.

Once Herry had disappeared from view, Jay looked around the second-story hallway. Faintly, he could hear Neil snoring in the room two doors down, and although Archie's door was closed, it was obvious that his bedroom light was on. A yellowish glow was filtering through from underneath the doorframe, and he could faintly hear Atlanta's muffled voice.

I'll just stay in Theresa's room for a couple hours to make sure that she's ok and then I'll go to bed. No one will know, he reasoned to himself.

Quietly making his way back into the darkened room, Jay carefully shut the door. But instead of being plunged into total darkness, the full moon in the night sky cast an eerie glow through the bare window onto Theresa's form. She looked like a pale, sleeping angel while the rest of the room took on a haunted atmosphere.

Taking a deep breath, Jay walked to Theresa's side and drew back the bed sheet in order to remove her ballet-like white shoes. Setting them at the foot of her bed, he noted that she hadn't moved at all since Herry had laid her down. Her breathing was still even and skin was still a normal temperature, so temporarily satisfied that she was still doing well, Jay pulled the covers back over her and sat down next to the bed with his back against the wall.

Pulling up his left leg, he casually rested a forearm on his knee while bringing his opposite hand over to Theresa's head. Absentmindedly stroking her hair which fanned out around her, Jay allowed his thoughts to pour out and his heart to fully ache with feelings of guilt and sadness.

"Theresa," he whispered, "I'm so sorry."

'I'm sorry I failed to protect you!'
Sign up to rate and review this story