Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Rebirth of Hope

Vengeance

by sailorchick321 2 reviews

what will the order do now that harry is dead? and how much help can he be for the other side? HBP compliant

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Dumbledore, Ginny, Harry, Hermione, James, Lily, Lupin, Peter, Ron, Sirius, Voldemort - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2007-05-11 - Updated: 2007-05-12 - 999 words

4Original
Vengeance

Albus approached Godric's Hallow after having been left by Harry in the woods. Lily, James and Sirius were all there, seating outside on the porch. He walked to the steps and stood looking at them.

"Albus?"

"You need to go to the Styx. I'm not sure what will happen, but I know we need to see it. the battle will begin soon." He answered the unspoken question James had posed.

The three stood and began to walk away. Lily turned around and ask. "Are you not coming?"

Albus shook his head. "There are many other that should be there. And many will join us this day. I will come if there is time." With that he headed in the other direction while Sirius and the Potters went off to the River Styx.

***

Voldemort watched as his Death Eaters poured out of the entrance to the catacombs. They outnumbered the Order members there over 3 to 1. He stayed at the entrance, safely tucked away behind his minions. It seemed the Order's plan was to cause a distraction and then divide and conquer.

Explosions rang out in all directions before swamps appeared swallowing his followers or his children were momentarily turned bright colors or into bunnies or birds, then were easily picked off. His inner circle was doing well, but most of his children were young and stupid. They were easily falling prey to these deadly pranks.

But soon the Order ran out of their distractions and were forced to face his elite in single combat. Lucius was fighting Moody, the old Auror was probably the best the Order had to offer now that Dumbledore was gone. Avery was fighting one of the older Weasley brats. It's a shame thought Voldemort I would have loved to have that family among my ranks, now I'll have to kill them.

The Carrow twins were fighting the Weasley twins, while Crabbe and Goyle took care of their parents. Fenrir Greyback charged at the Order's tame wolf in a vicious physical attack. He always was partial to physical violence over magical Voldemort thought as he watched. The LeStrange brothers and Macnair had Potters little friends huddle together and trapped between them as they slowly closed circle. Rookwood and Travers were working together to take down the Giant and Nott was fighting McGonagall.

Just as the Death Eaters began to overwhelm the Order, an earthshaking boom sounded knocking the fighters to their knees and a bright flash momentarily blinded everyone that saw it.

***

Harry appeared high above the battle. It took him only a moment to find Voldemort, hiding behind a line of his followers watching the battle. Harry glanced below him to see that he had captured everyone's attention, on both sides. Death Eaters and Order members alike simply stood there watching him to see what he would do. It was also apparent that no one, on either side, had recognized him yet. He decided that it was best to keep it that way for as long as possible.

***

No one dared to move. The winged demigods of old that had the kind of power they were seeing now had long since left the mortal realm. The creature hovered looking over the battle before it slowly descended. As it got lower they could see that it was clad in ancient battle robes, Dragon or Basilisk hide, and carried no weapons. Both of his hands were gloved; no part of his skin showed but the face and that was obscured by the huge dragon-like wings. Power radiated outward from him.

As he landed he called out in a resonating voice "Where is the one called Voldemort?"

For a moment nothing happened, then Voldemort stepped forward, through the protective line of his minions and answered the summons.

"Come forward." The Beast beckoned the dark lord to him, "You have attracted much attention from the ancient ones. Come to me."

***

Harry could feel the hope draining from the Order members as he coxed the Snake out of hiding. He could also see the Rat retreating into the catacombs. No matter Harry thought as he watch Wormtail escape I have plans for him anyway.

Harry watched Voldemort approach him slowly. He could tell that, while the Snake was scared, he thought that Harry had come to help or reward him. He smirked, waiting for the moment Voldemort realized how wrong he was.

Voldemort was less then 10 feet away when he saw Harry for who he was "NO... it can't be!" he screamed. Harry fixed him with a chilling look and Voldemort froze on the spot.

Harry removed one of his gloves and slowly stepped toward his nemesis. Voldemorts eyes showed real fear as Harry stretched out his had to touch him. Harry paused his had inches away from touching Voldemort and whispered. "The one with the power to vanquish the dark lord approaches... born to those who have thrice defied him... born as the seventh month dies... and the dark lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the dark lord knows not...and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives...the on with the power to vanquish the dark lord will be born as the seventh month dies. And by my hand you shall die." Harry reached out and brushed his hand over Voldemorts face, and the dark lord crumpled at his feet.

***

Voldemort watched in horror as the-boy-who-was-supposed-to-be-dead reached for him. Just as Harry touched his face there was a bright flash and then he was in an empty room. Moments later three terrifying figures appeared, armed to the teeth and smiling sinisterly at him.

"Finally" Tis cackled, "it's been 8000 years since I'm eviscerated anyone. I'm going to enjoy you for the next 8000."

Voldemort screamed as the three set on him. He never noticed his followers begin to appear one by one, all bound tightly and chained to the wall around the room.
Sign up to rate and review this story