Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Rebirth of Hope

To See and Be Seen

by sailorchick321 3 reviews

what will the order do now that harry is dead? and how much help can he be for the other side? HBP compliant

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Dumbledore, Ginny, Harry, Hermione, James, Lily, Lupin, Peter, Ron, Sirius, Voldemort - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2007-05-12 - Updated: 2007-05-13 - 1180 words

4Original
To See and Be Seen

Harry looked at the body that now lay at his feet with a strange since of detachment. He knew where he had sent the man and what would happen to him there. Slowly he raised his head to look around the battlefield. No one had moved since he had appeared, and it still didn't seem as though anyone else had recognizes him.

He slowly approached the closest Death Eater. It wasn't one he knew. The man never moved as Harry reached forward and touched him. As soon as he made contact the man fell dead. Harry continued at the slow pace walking from Death Eater to Death Eater slowly turning the tide of the war one by one.

***

The Order members stood in shock. This thing had just killed Voldemort and was calmly picking of the Death Eaters as if he were strolling in the park.

Moody came to his senses first stunning and binding his former opponent. He then beckoned his comrades to him, taking stock to see that no one had been lost. As the Order members moved towards Moody the Death Eaters realized that they had lost and began to run. Several managed to escape, but the Order members reacted quickly stunning and binding many of their fleeing enemy.

When the creature had killed the last of the Death Eaters he could without giving chase he turned toward the Order. They were grouped together standing guard over the Death Eaters they had captured. The group watched the creature to see if he would now turn on them. He slowly began to approach them, stopping twenty feet away and with the sun at him back making it impossible to see his face clearly. They stared at him and he stared back. Then he seemed to stare off to the right for a time. The silence stretched for long moments before Moody stepped forward to speak.

***

Harry returned his glove to his hand as he stared at the Order waiting for one of them to recognize him, until he heard someone call his name. He turned his head sharply in that direction to see a large crowd of people watching him, his mother out in front. She started to walk to him, but James stopped her. He met Harry's eyes for a moment and nodded.

Harry's attention was pulled back to the Order when Moody spoke to him. Moody seemed nervous.

***

Moody gathered his courage then addressed the creature. "Your Mightiness, we appreciate your help, but er... what will you do with us." He pointed back to his friends as he spoke.

The whole Order was taken aback when the creature laughed. "You and your friends are free to leave whenever you want, but the Death Eaters are mine."

Moody seemed to want to argue. "Surely, they should stand trial and pay for their crimes."

"They have already been condemned, Alastor 'Mad-Eye' Moody. I would not be here otherwise. You all are free to go, they are mine."

"What will you do with them?" Moody asked him. "What are you doing!?"

Harry had been watching the whole group as he spoke to Moody and knew to the second when Ginny had recognized his voice. She slowly began walking towards him. Moody tried to stop her as she passed him, but she dodged out of his reach. Molly was beside herself yelling for her to comeback, but Arthur held her back from running after her daughter.

Ginny stopped just short of Harry and reached to touch him. He backed away from her and whispered, "Don't touch me Gin. I don't want you where I sent them."

Ginny pulled her hand back as tears filled her eyes. In the same quite tone he had used, she asked, "You're not staying, are you?"

Harry ached to hold her, to wipe her tears away. There had to be a way. The Fates had said he would die old and happy, his cord wasn't cut yet. "I can't Gin. I love you, I'll always love you." Then raising his voice he address the whole group. "Leave them when you go, they have been marked for death and I am here to give it. You cannot save them." That said he vanished from sight.

Ginny fell to her knees sobbing. Molly broke lose from her husband and went to her scooping her up in her arms. The rest of the Order wasn't far behind. Molly gently rocked her youngest, cooing softly to her.

"There, there child. It'll be alright. He's gone..." the reminder that her daughter had just walked up to a dangerous and powerful unknown being changed Molly's tune. "What were you thinking approaching that thing, Ginevra Molly Weasley, where has your since gone?"

Ginny looked up at her mother then over at her brother and best friend that had knelt by her as soon as they had approached. She locked eyes with Ron and whispered, "It was Harry."

***

After Harry vanished from sight he watched the Order run to Ginny. Her whispered revelation of his identity caused quite a stir. While his friends and family reeled under the shock they had been given he made his way over to the bound Death Eaters and touched each one. Then turned to the group on the hill that had watched the whole affair.

Walking to his parents he stopped out of reach and said. "Don't touch me yet. I don't know what effect it would have on someone who was already dead and I don't want to take the chance that I'll send you where I'm sending them. Who are all of these people?"

Lily answered. "Those that die because of Voldemort. Albus thought they would want to see his end."

Harry smiled and nodded. "Yes that seems fitting."

"What happened Harry? Albus said you told him to go to the Styx then disappeared." His father asked.

"The Powers allowed the Furies to intervene. They could not be loosed, but were allowed to create a proxy. Anyone I touch will be sent to them not to the Afterlife, and they will stay there at the mercy of the Furies for 8000 years." He looked to his mother. "You were right, they are vicious."

James shuddered. "Are you one of them now?"

Harry smiled, "Only temporarily. When no one alive bares the Dark Mark I'll return to what I was." He closed his eyes and sensed the Mark. "There are only 7 left. One of them is Peter."

"It's a shame you can't sent the Rat to us." Sirius said. "I want him to suffer a little at my own hand."

Harry's eyes widened as several realizations hit him all at once. "Sirius you're a bloody genius!!! That's it."

"What's it?"

The plan formed clearly in his mind Harry turned to go, then tossed over his shoulder, "Just keep watching, it's gonna be quite a show."


AN: Points to anyone who figures out harry plan before the next chapter goes up. :):)
and thank you to all of you who have review so far!!
Sign up to rate and review this story