Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Laced With Nitroglycerin

6. Hourglass (Part 2)

by aznfoblover 1 review

Kate has always been there for the guys as a sister and friend. What happens to her when their dreams come true? New creation. Have fun.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-05-15 - Updated: 2007-05-16 - 741 words - Complete

0Unrated
***
Chapter 6 (Part 2)
Hourglass (The Hush Sound)
"Before we scratch all the scripts and we reword the past..."
***

She got up to leave after that.

"Kate," I called softly. She turned around, tears still streaming from her eyes.

"What more can you possibly say, Ryan? Haven't you made me feel bad enough?" God. I feel so terrible right now. I wanted to bang my head repeatedly on the wall. Bruises and all.

I got up and walked towards her. As soon as I reached her, I touched her arm. She flinched. Great. Make me feel even worse, why don't you?

"Kate. I'm sorry," I whispered. I heard her scoff at me.

"Oh please, Ryan. Don't even pretend to be sorry. Tell me what you want or I'm leaving." I sighed. Fine. She wants the truth? She can have it.

"Fine. Sit." I brought her back to the couch. She looked at me, confusion written across her tear stained face. I took a deep breath.

"Well? You have one minute to start, and then I'm leaving."

"Fine. I..." I couldn't say it. I paused and took another deep breath, readying myself to say it. "Kate, I..."

"Forty seconds," she said, looking at her watch the entire time. God.

"Kate."

"Twenty-two. Better hurry." Ugh.

"Are you kidding me right now?"

"Fifteen." I sighed.

"Ten, nine, eight..." She started a countdown. Great.

"Seven, six, five..." I was running out of time. I had to say something.

"Four, three, two, one. Time's up. Bye. Have a nice life." She started to get up, but I grabbed her wrist and pulled her back down.

"Kate. For God's sake. Listen to me." She rolled her eyes and looked at me. "Good. Now. Uh..."

"Glad I stayed to hear this," she spat sarcastically. I couldn't lose my temper with her.

"God. Please just give me a sec to get everything all straight in my head." She sat still for a moment as I tried to put everything into words.

"OK, your second's up. Tell me." I was nowhere near ready. She was messing up my head.

"Do you seriously have to act like you're five every second of the day?" I asked her angrily.

"No. Only when I'm around you," she said sweetly. Normally I would've laughed, but this wasn't a normal situation.

"Well could you try to control the urge to act like that for the time being?" I said through gritted teeth. She sighed and leaned her head back on the couch.

"Hurry up."

"I'm trying. Just give me a little longer." I almost had it about right, but being the perfectionist that I am, I had to quadruple check to make sure it sounded OK.

"God Ryan, just spit it out!" she said impatiently.

"Well maybe if you would just shut up you would realize that I'm trying to tell you that I really like you a lot and all I want right now is to kiss you again!" I said angrily. Oh snap. Not what I meant to say. I covered my mouth, shocked that those words managed to come out. Kate's face showed the shock at what had just registered in her brain.

She opened her mouth and closed it several times. It seemed as if now she was the one at a loss for words. Finally she managed out a "Whaa?"

I stifled a giggle by gulping. "You heard me," I said. She was giving me a strange look.

"Just making sure it was OK to do this," she said. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion but suddenly realized what she meant as she started to kiss me. I found myself kissing back.

We heard the door practically breaking down as Brendon and Spencer ran in and started cheering. Blushing, we pulled apart and smiled.

"FINALLY!" Spencer said as soon as they were done.

"Hey dude, you owe me fifty bucks," Brendon said. Spencer coughed and looked away and Kate was enraged.

"You BET on this?" she asked her brother. I laughed.

"I wouldn't put it past them," I said. She laughed too. I snaked my arm around her waist and she curled into my side. We totally forgot about practice.

And they temporarily forgot about my injuries. For the time being.

***

A/N: And a happy part two. :) I decided to put it up even though there are no reviews on part one because I'm nice like that. But reviews are wonderfullllll. :)
Sign up to rate and review this story