Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Laced With Nitroglycerin

7. All Deliberate Speed

by aznfoblover 2 reviews

Kate has always been there for the guys as a sister and friend. What happens to her when their dreams come true? New creation. Have fun.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-07-05 - Updated: 2007-07-05 - 718 words - Complete

0Unrated
***
Chapter 7
All Deliberate Speed (Mae)
"Is this real or is this fading?"
***

It's been a few weeks since that day, all of them spent with Kate and the guys. We finally got Brent to come to a few practices, and we've recorded some songs. Life at home has actually been pretty good, not too many nights or mornings like that one. I've actually been happy.

I didn't tell the guys, but I posted a link to our purevolume, which has a couple of our songs that we recorded, on Pete Wentz's blog. I don't know exactly what is gonna happen, but I figure, at least if he doesn't take it seriously, his fans might hear us and like us. I put my cell number down on the purevolume site, too. It might not have been the smartest thing, but at least he'll have a way to contact us if he does listen. Damn. I told myself not to get my hopes up about this. What are the chances that he'll actually call?

On this particular day, I was sitting with Kate and Brendon, watching The Grudge and enjoying the way Kate would get scared and cuddle up into me. My phone rang in my pocket, and I apologized as I stood up and went into the hallway to answer it. It was probably my dad, calling to ask where I was. He had gotten better about the drinking and stuff, but he was still weak and we needed to take care of him.

"Hello?" I asked in a low voice so as not to disturb Kate and Brendon.

"Hello, can I speak to Ryan Ross?" I heard a guy ask. I my eyes widened. Did something happen to my dad?

"Yeah, this is Ryan. Can I help you?" I replied, trying to keep the panic out of my voice. Oh, God, was he in the hospital again?

"Ryan! This is Pete Wentz," he said. My eyes widened.

"I'm sorry, who?" I asked in disbelief.

"Pete Wentz. You know, you posted your purevolume link on my blog a couple weeks ago..." he said, trailing off uncertainly. There was no way...

"Are you absolutely positive? Like this isn't a practical joke or anything?" I asked, knowing I should never have posted my cell number on that stupid website. I heard his laugh.

"I'm totally serious," he said, chuckling. I decided to go along with it. "I really liked your music. It was...a wonderful sound. I was calling to ask you if it was OK if I came out and listened to you guys play live sometime. Any time." I pulled the phone away from my ear and looked at it in disbelief. Pete Wentz was NOT calling my phone right now. Any second, I'd wake up and find that this was all a dream.

I heard my phone making some sort of noise. Assuming it was Pete's voice, I put it back to my ear again. "Ryan? Are you still there?" he asked worriedly.

"Uh, yeah," I managed to get out.

"Thank God. I thought you had hung up on me for a second. So, is it OK for me to come out sometime?" he asked.

"Uh...sure. Just let me ask the guys when. Can I get back to you on this?" I asked. I scrambled around, looking for a pen and a piece of paper. Finding one, I said, "Could I possibly get your number to call you back?"

"Yeah," he said, sounding very relieved. I took down his number and told him I'd get back to him as soon as possible. I hung up the phone and walked back to the couch in a daze.

"Hey, sweetie. Who was that?" she asked. I shook my head, trying to clear it.

"Brendon, will you call Brent and Spence and ask them to come over?" I asked. Brendon nodded and Kate looked at me with a look of concern on her face.

"What's up, bud?" Brendon asked. I blinked a few times.

"Pete Wentz wants to hear us play," I said.
***
A/N: I know, I haven't updated. I got so caught up in everything, and I'm sorry. So here's a non-half-assed chapter for you, because I didn't want to just write crap for you to read.

Review.
Sign up to rate and review this story