Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Laced With Nitroglycerin

8. Time to Dance

by aznfoblover 2 reviews

Kate has always been there for the guys as a sister and friend. What happens to her when their dreams come true? New creation. Have fun.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-07-09 - Updated: 2007-07-10 - 634 words - Complete

0Unrated
***
Chapter 8
Time to Dance (Panic! at the Disco)
"Come on, this is screaming 'photo opp'"
***

Brendon shut his mouth and called Brent and Spence, and Kate squealed and kissed me. I smiled, still in shock. This was so unreal.

Brent and Spencer got there a little while after Brendon called them. Kate was bouncing on the couch from excitement, I was pacing, trying to figure out why Pete Wentz would want to listen to /us/, and Brendon was completely calm. He turned off the TV, turned on the lights, put the movie away, and emptied the popcorn bowl by eating it.

Spencer and Brent walked into the room and stopped completely, surprised by our actions. I looked up at them and stopped pacing, a grin forming on my face.

"Hey, guys," Spence said slowly. My grin grew bigger. Pete Wentz wanted listen to us. This was an awesome chance. Brendon nodded, Kate smiled, and I gestured for them to sit down.

"Uh, hey. I have some really good news for you guys," I started. Brent nodded and Spencer gave me a quizzical look. "So, a couple weeks ago, I made a purevolume website for our band, just to get the music out there." They all put their attention on me, and I almost felt like freezing up. "I posted the link on a bunch of different sites." Brent sighed and Spencer rolled his eyes.

"Can we please get on with this?" Spence asked.

"Trust me, it's worth the wait," Brendon said. Kate nodded vigorously beside him.

"Anyway, I posted the link on a bunch of different sites, one of them being Pete Wentz's blog." Brent scoffed. "I didn't believe he'd automatically fall in love with us or anything, but it was a bit of wishful thinking. I also put my cell number on there." Spencer nodded, obviously bored. "So today we were watching the Grudge here and I got a phone call. I thought it was my dad at first, but..." Brent shook his head.

"No way, man," he said. I smiled again. Brent's face was priceless.

"It was Pete. He wants to hear us play at our earliest convenience," I said excitedly.

"How do you know it was really him?" Spencer asked skeptically. I shrugged.

"I went on a feeling. I've heard his voice before, and how many people could pull off being Pete Wentz and knowing about my comment on his blog and all the other stuff. Besides, we've gotta take a chance, don't we?" I asked hopefully. Spencer shrugged.

"I guess. But I'll believe it when I see it," he said. I took out my cell phone and dialled Pete's number, putting it on speaker.

"Hello?" said someone, presumably Pete. "Ryan?" I smiled.

"Yeah, it's me, Pete. Listen, my bandmates don't really believe me," I said, never breaking eye contact with Spencer. Pete chuckled.

"Well, I'm gonna be in town the next week, so would you like me to stop by sometime during next week?" he asked. "I could hear you guys play..." he said, trailing off uncertainly.

I looked around the room and everyone nodded their agreement. "It's a deal. We'll see you next Friday, OK?" I asked. Pete sighed in relief and agreed, hanging up the phone.

"Come on, Spence, you know you're excited," Brent said, nudging Spencer slightly. Spence smiled and nodded.

"I'm a bit skeptical, but excited," he said. We all smiled and decided to watch a happier movie, like The Breakfast Club. Kate sat on my lap, distracting me throughout the entire movie, and I couldn't have been more content at that moment.

***
A/N: OK, so you can call this one a filler. It's just for now. I promise to make it up to you later, but only if you review review review like crazy.
Sign up to rate and review this story