Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I'm the Kind of Human Wreckage That You Love

Tape Five

by x_____ER 0 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Published: 2007-05-16 - Updated: 2007-05-17 - 711 words

0Unrated
Maddison woke up to a fresh day, that would all be spent with with Rory. Maddison took a shower, got dressed, and went to wake Rory up.

"Rory, get up, it's time for Girl-Day. Can't waste time sleepin'! Get up, I still gotta get the guys out of the house," Maddi shook Rory's sleeping form, only to be swatted away.

"Hang-Over!" Rory croaked, "Need sleepy!"

"No, need a fun day. Come on, we're going to a movie." Maddi flicked the lights on, earning a groan from Rory, and walked down the hall to wake the guys.

Rory stumbled out of bed, took a shower, got dressed, put on make-up, put her black Chucks on, and turned the lights off, falling back into her bed.

Maddi walked back into Rory's room to find her ready, but asleep again. She sighed and pulled Sleeping Beauty off her throne by her ankles. Rory landed on the floor with a thud, and in no time, was up and complaining to Maddi about the splitting head-ache she had, and how much that didn't help.

As soon as all the guys where out of the house, the two girls left to a local Wal-Mart.
They bought a two-pound bag of Mike and Ikes, a two-gallon bottle of Dr. Pepper, and the piece de resistance: a box of hair dye. It was time for Rory to become a bottle blonde. They drove back to Rory's house, and one very messy and wet shampoo later, Rory's hair was throughly coated with dye, and the two of them had nothing left to do but wait for it to dry. They snacked, fidgeted impatiently, leafed through magazines, and flipped through the TV channels--Friday night was pretty much a home entertainment dead-zone. Rory refused to look in a mirror until it was perfectly dry. And Maddi watched in horror as Rory's hair dryed and the final color emerged. She concluded that postponing the inevitable could only be a good thing. But finally they could wait no longer.

"Okay, I can't stand it anymore," Rory said. "How does it look?"

"Uh... It's different," Maddi hedged, "It's definitely different."

"Well, I know that--but how does it look? Oh forget it. I need to see for myself." She bounded up, but Maddi leaped ahead of her and jumped infront of the mirror.

"Before you look, I just wasn't to remind you how I'm such a good friend to you."

"Of coarse you are, Maddi--this was your idea, wasn't it? I'm not going to forget that."

"That's what I'm afraid of," Maddi murmured. But she stepped aside.

Rory's scream would've woken up the guys, had they been home.

"Maddi--what have you done to me?" Rory cried, lunging toward her. Maddi jumped away, searching for some large piece of furniture she could put between herself and the newly psychotic Rory

"Don't blame me," She protested. "I followed the directions. I think." She ducked unsuccessfully as Rory threw a pillow at her head.

"Look what you've done to me!" Rory yelled. She slumped down onto the bed and burst into--well, Maddi couldn't tell whether it was sobs, or hysterical laughter.

"Are you... Okay?" Maddi asked tentatively, sitting down beside her.

"Okay?" Rory asked, tears of laughter streaming down her face. "How could I be okay? I look like Kermit the Frog!"

Sad, but true.

Rory's black-brown colored hair had been changed in three steps, alright--her head was now topped with a frizzy mass of bright green tendrils, the color of celery. Or everyone's favorite Muppet.

It was horrifying. Humiliating. And hilarious.

Unable to control herself any longer, Maddi burst into giggles.

Rory fell backward onto the bed, gasping for breath. "It's not funny," She complained.

"I know," Maddison said, trying to force a solemn look.

"Except that it is," Rory admitted, breaking into laughter once more.

"I know," Maddi agreed, laughing again herself. She felt a rush of relief that Rory didn't want to kill her--but she was worried about what would happen in the morning, when both their sugar-highs were gone, that Rory would still look like a Muppet. Things might not be so jolly in the light of day.

After all, it's not easy being green.

(Just ask Kermit.)
Sign up to rate and review this story