Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Broken Down On Memory Lane

Fourteen - Almost Like Being In Love.

by punkypromqueen 8 reviews

I am so sorry that it has taken me a month to update this thing but i hope hope hope that it doesn't dissappoint, it was very hard for me to write the 'show' scene since of course i have never put ...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-05-16 - Updated: 2007-05-17 - 3132 words - Complete

2Ambiance
Kate danced around backstage as she sang Valerie Day's 'Big Spender' - it was the first show of the tour and she needed to get pumped. She had been feeling like royal shit lately and to top it off she had been informed that she would not be playing guitar, which of course didn't do anything to help her morale. Her stomach was turning and she groaned before looking down and tapping it as if to get her unborn child's attention,

"You will stop making me sick now BECAUSE I INVENTED YOU!" She commanded the fetus.

Suddenly her intense nausea took a back seat as something on the T.V. caught her eye. She glanced around the room confirming the fact that she was still alone before grabbing the remote and un-muting the television. She jumped slightly when the opening chords of 'Promise Me Tonight' blasted through the speakers much louder than anticipated. Kate mumbled profanities while stomping her foot impatiently as if urging the volume to lower faster then actually possible. Once at a suitable volume she sat on the table in front of the television and watched. She felt her cheeks flush as the video played on, leave it to Pete to have a whole video shot only to scrap it in editing and replace it with home videos that he stole from her house, straight up 'Dead On Arrival' style. At first she was furious, it's not like she really wanted the whole world to see those videos, her dead relationship on display, but eventually she got over it, she had to.

Kate sighed heavily before clicking the off button, the screen delayed before inevitably going black. It was then that she finally realized suddenly, irrelevantly, that she was ALL ALONE, which was weird as hell.

..........

"Fucking honestly!" Patrick groaned at the T.V. as 'Promise Me Tonight' appeared on the screen.

He almost immediately changed the channel settling on EXTRA, maybe if he was lucky Britney Spears would be caught without her panties again, unfortunately Kate's face flashed in the upper left hand corner as Mark McGrath rose the question that had been on everyone's lips, Kate Wentz, pregnant?
Patrick exhaled harshly as he pressed the 'up channel' button, he stopped once more at the sight of George Clooney talking about something he hoped was interesting.

/Clooney:/ Yeah she was the only girl that I ever even considered marrying, so I proposed. (insert extremely attractive laugh) She laughed as she explained that 'she was no good for me.'
/Kate:/ (laughing) THAT'S SUCH A LIE! George you're a dirty liar.

Patrick sighed as the all too familiar announcers voice boomed over the speakers,

/"Coming up next, the band forms an empire on E! True Hollywood Story: Delilah."/

He mumbled profanities under his breath as Kate's smile plastered on the screen once again.

"Just because I hang with the boys doesn't mean I have to smell like one. Secret - strong like a woman."

The deodorant commercial ended and soon a singing puppy dog appeared on the screen trying to sell K9 Advantix. The singing puppy did not meet Patrick's standards and soon the channels were being changed again. Andy, who was also on the couch, was growing annoyed with Patrick's inability to pick a channel and readily welcomed Sam's sudden burst through the door.

"Oh my God, I think I'm in love. How do you know if you're in love?" Sam stated dramatically while putting his hands to his chest.

Andy rolled his eyes and glanced down at the magazine in his lap,
"You go against your morals and drive to Mc Donald's at 2 am to get your vegan fiancé a double quarter pounder with cheese 'for the baby' and then take two bites of it, one because she swore it tasted funny and another because the first one wasn't good enough."

Sam arched an eyebrow at him not really finding it unusual to drive to McDonald's at 2 am to order a double quarter pounder with cheese. He still thought that Andy's vegan thing was just a phase.

"Ok then." Andy stopped to think for a second before replying, "You agreed to name your daughter Skye Daydream." He offered as a second option, one that Sam found acceptable.

"When the car is in the garage." Joe laughed while shoving a sandwich in his mouth all the while ignoring the dirty look coming from Patrick's direction. Sam shrugged and shook his head, which only cause Joe to giggle more before gesturing to 'never mind.'

"On your first date you share a strawberry milkshake cause it's her favorite despite the fact that you're allergic." Brian replied with a raised hand from somewhere in the back of the room.

"You did that you crazy fuck?" Sam replied to the guitarist.

"Yeah, hives all over my body, it was sexy." Brian replied with a laugh.

"When you know that she deserves better than you." Patrick cut Brian off solemnly while violently flipping thorough the channels. All eyes glanced at Patrick, the boys had almost had enough with Mr. Grumpy Pants. Pete however expertly broke the awkwardness.

"Ooh Ooh!" He chimed in, "You know you are in love when you share pants and make up!"

The boys groaned and Pete threw up his arms as if to ask 'what?'

"If we're talking about your relationship here Brother, it's more like you forgive your husband for cheating on you with Ashlee Simpson in the middle of giving birth to his son." Kate spat a little bitterly as she strolled into the room and thusly into the conversation.

Pete immediately shut his mouth before opening it again,
"We were just friends." He replied a little sheep like.

"Oh, shove it." She huffed with her arms crossed.

"You don't have to keep busting my ass about it Kate, it was a long time ago." Pete mumbled.

"You're so stupid, you must have been adopted." She groaned frustrated, "Besides I promised Sara that I would keep an eye on you because, for some reason, unknown to me, she has trust issues with you." Like always her sarcasm wasn't hidden.

"Those are some wonderful mood swings Kate." Pete replied while backing up quickly in order to prevent himself from getting hit. Being out of arms reach Kate opted to kick her brother in the shin instead, which got the same point across.

"Ok then." Sam yelled a little to over excitedly, "I've taken into careful consideration what you all have said, I had a little conversation with myself and have decided that in fact," Sam paused for dramatic effect, "only my penis is in love with this certain female. Thank you and good day!" He saluted before marching out of the room in search of Dirty to amuse him.

They all laughed before Andy finally grabbed the remote control away from Patrick and flipped it back to Delilah's E! True Hollywood Story.

"Ugh turn this shit off!" Brian yelled while covering his eyes.

"I don't understand why people even watch this. I mean who cares? People are people." Kate replied as she rested her chin on the top of Andy's head while leaning over the back of the couch.

"Said the girl who upon meeting Gwen Stefani blurted out that she wanted to have sex with her." Brian chuckled.

Kate rolled her eyes,
"Why do you always have to bring that up?" She smirked while tossing a glance over her shoulder, "I don't sway that way but it's Gwen Fucking Stefani, I can't help if it I'm sexually attracted to talent."

Kate then proceeded to gesture to Patrick behind his back as if her pointing to him explained her point exactly.

"Uhh huh." Brian responded teasingly.

As if sensing he was being talked about Patrick finally turned around.

"You know," Kate began as she grabbed Patrick's face, he tried unsuccessfully to pull out of her grasp. "If you put a little Preparation H underneath your eyes it would take the puffiness away." She replied while pulling at the skin underneath his eyes with her index fingers.

He shoved her hands away from his face before replying,
"Yeah, so would sleep but I'm not getting any of that either."

He went to turn back around again before noticing Kate's jeans that were unbuttoned and unzipped. She followed his glance and immediately put a hand over his face pushing it to look somewhere else.

"Shut up Stump, they don't fucking fit. Get off my back." She spat defensively.

"I didn't even say anything." He replied with his palms up.

"Ugh whatever."

"You know Sister, with that little pudge-pudge I don't think Maxim's Top 100 will want you as their number one again." Pete replied while ripping the magazine out of Andy's hand that was conveniently turned to the risqué photo spread that was topped with Kate Wentz: Hottest Woman in the World.

"Ok, I wasn't reading that or anything!" Andy stated sarcastically while raising his arms in the air out of frustration. He was, of course, ignored.

"My question however, is why do you have to be naked?" Pete commented as he scrunched up his face as he flipped the magazine sideways as if looking at a raunchy porn magazine.

Kate huffed as she grabbed the magazine away from her brother.
"I'm not naked dumb ass, the guitar is covering up my chest and I have shorts on." She replied before tossing the magazine back on Andy's lap.

"How do you feel about your Mommy being naked in a magazine?" He brought his face to Kate's stomach while playfully patting it. Kate squealed as she swatted his hand and face away.

"Hey leave Joe alone, it doesn't like to be pat like that!" Joe replied with his mouth full.

"Not Joe. My child's name is not Joe." Kate stated before continuing. "And besides, whatever Pete, at least my child's father isn't naked on the Internet, eh?" She replied excitedly as if what she just said was the best comeback of the year.

Pete waved off his sister's comment and cleared his throat and grabbed the magazine once more out of Andy's grip, ignoring the drummer's protests.
"Upon informing Kate via telephone that she was, in fact, our number one she called us 'Pete' and told us to 'stop fcking around.' Well, as she soon realized, we were not her brother or in fact 'fcking around.' Oops. After apologizing profusely she only had one thing left to say - 'Are you sure?'"

Kate groaned and covered her face with her hands embarrassed.
"Ok stop. Stop. Stop. Stop."

Pete laughed. "You're such a dork. Why do people think you are hot?"

"I believe it tells you if you read on." Andy replied while rolling his eyes.

Pete opened his mouth once more to continue reading but was stopped when Gwen ran into the room severely out of breath.

"Pants." (insert big breath) "Big pants." (and again) "I found some." She waved the jeans in the air excitedly and Kate sighed in relief before following the stylist out of the room.

..........

Opening night of the 'Welcome To The Family' tour was much much larger then expected. Sold Out was no longer able to describe the mass hysteria that was jammed into the stadium that warm Atlanta night. The venue was packed not only with Delilah fans but also with Fall Out Boy fans that had never left the band and were more than relieved to finally witness a 'comeback.' There were no opening bands there was simply not enough time - Dirty entertained the crowd briefly before both bands took the stage. Together. Fall Out Boy appeared first opening with 'Tell That Mick' before the crowd could recover from that song Delilah had already started into 'Fool For Love.' The bands flip-flopped their songs for a while before anyone even spoke.

"What's up Atlanta? What's up? What's up Atlanta? What's up? Atlanta jump on it, jump on it, jump on it!" Kate sang the all too familiar Sir Mix-A-Lot tune while jumping around in a circle - the crowd of course responded energetically which elicited a laugh from Kate.

"Please excuse my sister." Pete quickly recovered the spotlight, he wasn't used to not being the first/only one on stage to speak. "This is something a little different we're trying out, hopefully it doesn't suck."
"What sucks Brother? You guys cramping our stage space?" Kate laughed as she playfully bumped her hip on Joe causing him to loose his relaxed stance before he balanced himself once more.

"Us cramping your space? It's more like you guys," He stopped to gesture around to Delilah, "cramping our space."

"Whatever," She fidgeted the microphone in her hand while she inspected her cuticles and tapped her kitten heel in a very impatient matter, "You know what though? You guys aren't really needed, I mean," She paused again trying to hold back her laugh, "We know all your songs, and rock them harder than you, so . . ." Kate shrugged while Pete faked hurt.

"I smell a duel." Joe responded though he was far away from his microphone his voice radiated through the speakers.

At the mention of a possible 'battle of the bands' per say the crowd erupted into approvals and screams.

"Alright we actually kind of prepared for this." Matt leaned into his microphone before gesturing to Sam who nodded before rummaging through some things next to his drum kit. Pete waved his arm in the air signaling Andy to mirror Sam's actions. Both drummers emerged with hats in their hands before once again leaning back to back. Kate excitedly bounced over to Sam and grabbed the hat, Patrick followed suit grabbing the hat from Andy.

"Ok so here's the thing, in our hat we have Fall Out Boy songs picked by Fall Out Boy, and they have our songs picked by us." Kate paused to shake the hat a little bit, "The tricky thing here is that since the opposite band picked the songs that we play there was no time to prepare or practice, and this could very well end up badly . . . for them." She did her best evil laugh, which elicited rolling eye gestures from all the boys, and laughs from the crowd.
"You go first cause I say." Kate smiled sweetly before shoving the hat in her hand towards Joe's direction.

Joe shrugged before carefully peering into the hat while picking out a scrap of folded paper. He opened it eagerly reading what it said before handing the paper to Patrick who turned white upon reading what it wrote. He looked up to find Kate smiling slightly because she knew very well that the paper chosen was her pick.

"What's it say Patrick? Hmm?" She couldn't hold her smile back any longer as Pete grabbed the paper from Patrick's grip.

"Chelsea." Pete read out loud, before nudging Patrick slightly.
"Ooh dirty move Sister. Well fine, we'll play."

Patrick looked wide-eyed at Pete as if to say 'we will?!'
Pete nodded before strumming a few chords on his bass, Joe joined in with his chords signaling that he was more than ready. Both boys stopped in order for the song to properly start.
Patrick sighed before walking back over to the microphone stand,
"Let's see if I can remember the words." He spat sarcastically.

"Oh I'm sure you won't have any problems." Kate responded though she wasn't supposed to.

With those final words the song started and Patrick was visibly upset that he was singing the words that caused the demise of his relationship and probably most of his sanity too. But surprisingly all the pent up anger and angst caused an amazing performance which if he was battling anyone else besides Kate and her 'I will not loose' cockiness he may have had a shot at winning - even the boys did well considering that they have never really been 'allowed' to even talk about that song.
Kate clapped slowly once the song finished.

"Bravo. Honestly." She smiled before walking up to the sweaty singer.

"Your turn." Patrick replied a little breathless as he picked up the hat on the floor and shook it in her direction.

Kate rolled her eyes before rummaging through the hat. Nothing could be worse then what he just had to do, that's what she figured until she read what her little sheet of paper said. She looked up at Patrick who was now the one smirking.

"Touché." She replied before turning on her heels and waving the sheet of paper in the air.
"Boys, Growing Up."

"Oh my, fun times." Brian responded with a 'Karma Kate, karma' look on his face.

A piece of Kate and Patrick history that most would like to omit was the summer after senior year where Kate thought it was a fabulous idea to go gallivanting to college in Europe but decided to not tell Patrick until she was basically forced to. That day happened to be the day of his graduation and Patrick wasn't one to like surprises. The moral of the story is that basically the 'Evening Out With Your Girlfriend' album was an unspoken dedication to a girl who ended up not going to England.

"Let's do this then." Kate sighed, "Playing dirty was more fun when it was on my terms."

The song was rocked to the best of Delilah's abilities, a winner however wasn't called - the show continued without a hitch and consisted of not only original songs by the bands, but an array of cover songs that in Kate's mind each had a specific purpose that centered around one thing, bothering Patrick as much as possible. (For example: P!nk's 'Who Knew,' Kelly Clarkson's 'Never Again')

The show closed with the encores, Fall Out Boy playing 'Saturday.' Delilah coming up behind them with a cover of No Doubt's 'Sunday Morning,' and then finishing with a duet that no one expected would be so emotional. 'Promise Me Tonight' only had Kate and Patrick with a guitar, having them be the only two onstage was probably the worst idea since Pete decided that shooting a paintball gun at his ass would be fun. There wasn't very much anger or tension but the connection between the two was obvious by anyone with either visual or auditory senses. After the song was over it was no longer possible for them to openly deny what they felt for each other. Kate was fine with that, she had known it all along that she loved him and always had, but since she knew denial was no longer an option she decided that not speaking to him was the next best thing.


**
p.s.
totally didn't proof read.
sorry for any errors, typos or funny words that may have emerged.

:)
Sign up to rate and review this story