Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Broken Down on Memory Lane

Chapter Four

by x_____ER 0 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-05-17 - Updated: 2007-05-18 - 1207 words

0Unrated
Lilly sat during class the next day, dreading every second she was going to have to spend with Patrick after it.

Patrick however, was anxious. He couldn't wait to rehearse with her. He was so excited, that he practically plowed through all the desks and chairs when the bell rang, signaling that the school day was over and done.

He rushed through the corridors, and found Paul, one of his friends and tossed his bag and books to him as he ran by, "Twenty-six forty-five!" he called over his shoulder. Paul got the idea that the number he called out was his locker combo and headed off to put his books away.

Patrick zipped through the sea of students; hand on his hat so it wouldn't fly off.

He crashed through the doors to the auditorium, sending them flying back and into the wall behind them. Ms. Whalen and the people that were practicing shot their heads that way and glared at him.

He fast-walked down the isle toward the stage. "A little anxious, now, aren't we?" Ms. Whalen asked.

"Uh...No." He lied. "I just love Shakespeare."

"Well, that's good." She smiled.

He hopped up on stage just in time for Lilly, Pete and Tina to walk through the doors and up onto the stage as well.

"Well, we're ready." Tina smiled.

"Okay, now we can start!" Ms. Whalen called, clapping her hands. Since it wasn't Patrick, Tina, Pete, or Lilly's scene, they just stood off to the side.

Pete and Tina walked over to the table with water on it and pretended to be thirsty. However, Lilly knew they were just doing that so hopefully they would talk.

"You know, you play a mean Juliet." Patrick told Lilly, glancing at her from the corner of his eye, smiling.

"That better be a compliment, Stumph. Or you're in for it." She smiled back. Both of their heads fixated on the stage and the people they didn't even know playing parts as Samson and Gregory.

"It was. And you're a great kisser." He chuckled.

Lilly just rolled her eyes at him. "You know, just because that play calls for a kissing scene where I have to kiss you doesn't mean I have to like it." Lilly said; head still fixed on the stage.

"But I can already tell you do." Patrick smirked, his head still fixed on the stage too.

Lilly sighed, and turned to face him. "Look, you're not my-" But, she was cut off when Patrick leaned forward and kissed her lips gently before running up on stage to play his part.

"Is the day so young?" He called his line out, his face full of expression.

Lilly just sighed with a small smile, and sat down in one of the red audience chairs.

"But new struck nine." The kid playing Benvolio said.

"Ay me! Sad hours seem long." Patrick said. "Was that my father that went hence so fast?"

"It was. What sadness lengthens Romeo's hours?" 'Benvolio' said.

"Not having that which, having, that makes them short." Patrick said.

"In love?" 'Benvolio' said.

"Out-" Patrick said.

"Of love?" 'Benvolio' asked.

Patrick turned his head to Lilly with a smile and soft eyes. "Out of her favor where I am in love." He said.

Lilly blushed, and then shook it off. What am I doing? She scolded herself. I can't like Patrick.

She waited, and waited, played her part and soon rehearsals were over and she left for home. Happy to get away from Patrick...Or was she?

Patrick walked home by himself after the rehearsals, down the busy streets and through crowds of people. He wasn't sure he had done the right thing by kissing Lilly that last time without being in rehearsals. But maybe it was, because Lilly didn't protest or smack him like he thought she would. She just took it. And then when he had said that one line looking at her, he thought he saw the slightest blush on her cheeks. But maybe his eyes were playing tricks on him. Yeah, they probably were. She didn't like him, and he knew it.

"Honey, would you go back out and grab the mail?" Patrick's mom asked from the kitchen as he sulked in the door.

He dropped his backpack and groaned. "Yes mom!" He called back.

He walked back out the door and off the porch, walking up the gravel driveway and to the mailbox. He popped open the metal door and pulled out the mail. He flipped through it.

Bill, bill, mom, bill, dad, car insurance... Nothing for him, as always.

He went to close the mailbox door, but someone called his name. He flipped his head in the right direction, and then to the left, but he saw no one.

"Hi." He jumped and spun around, flinging the mail in the air. He gripped the mailbox that held him up as he looked at Lilly. "Sorry, did I scare you?" She asked, looking at him and then the mail on the ground.

"U-uhm, no. No, not al all." Patrick lied.

"I just came by to ask you something." She said, bending over to pick up the mail Patrick dropped.

"And what was that?" Patrick asked.

She stood, and handed Patrick the mail. "I was wondering, since we both have the scripts, we would work on our parts together?" She shielded her eyes from the blinding sun. "I have problems with memorizing the lines."

"Yeah, sure, I don't care, we could do that." Patrick shrugged; a smaller Patrick in his head was throwing a party.

"Cool, I still have to go back to my house and get my script book, I'll be right back." Lilly smiled, running two houses down the road and getting her script book from her house.

Patrick watched her run back. He didn't even know she lived that close to him. "Wow, you're really close to me."

"Yeah, I know. I've lived there for about four years. I tried avoiding you. I guess it worked." She said. "So... Where are we going to do this?"

"Uh, inside, come on." Patrick waved her forward and walked in the door to his house. He walked into the kitchen, with Lilly following behind, and gave the mail to his mother.

"Aw, who's your little friend, Pat?"

Patrick sighed. "First; Mom, it's Patrick, not Pat, and second; this is Lilly Jones, Lilly, this is my mother. We're going to practice for Romeo and Juliet in my bedroom." Patrick said.

"Okay, dear. I'll bring some cookies up soon." Patrick's mother smiled at Lilly.

"Thank-you Mrs. Stumph." Lilly smiled, and then followed Patrick up the white-carpeted stairs and into his bedroom.

"Alright, have a seat, make yourself at home." Patrick said, flopping on his bed. Lilly did the same.

"Where should we start?"

"Um... How about Act 1, Scene 5, part 90...?" Lilly shrugged, flipping through the textbook.

"Okay?" Patrick said, flipping through and finding the part. It was the part. A smile drew on his lips as he cleared his throat and began. "If I profane with my unworthiest hand this holy shrine, the gentle sin is this: my lips, two blushing pilgrims, ready stand to smooth that rough touch with a tender kiss."
Sign up to rate and review this story