Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Broken Down on Memory Lane

Chapter Three

by x_____ER 0 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-05-17 - Updated: 2007-05-18 - 1675 words

0Unrated
Soon the next day, when all her classes were finished, Pete, Tina, and Lilly walked down to the auditorium for the auditions. Tina had decided she was going to try out for the Nurse, and Pete was going to try out for Peter. Lilly was just going to try out with any part she could. They walked into the auditorium and got up on stage and scurried over to the teacher.

"Um...We're here to try out for the play." Tina said, motioning to us.

"What parts are you trying out for?" Ms. Whalen asked, pushing her eyeglasses back up on her nose and reading the parts left.

"I'm trying out for the nurse," Tina said.

"I'm trying out for Peter." Pete smiled.

"I guess I'll try out for whatever part is left?" Lilly edged.

"You have to pick someone to play, dear." Ms Whalen smiled softly at her. "How about you try Juliet on for size?"

"Um...Sure." Lilly said, looking around.

Pete and Tina seemed to get huge smiles on their faces.

"Okay, let's do Act 2, part 125, with Juliet and Nurse!" Ms. Whalen called, clapping her hands and sitting down in a chair in the far corner.

Lilly and Tina walked to the middle of the stage, and opened their books to Act 2, part 125.

Lilly cleared her throat, "Come hither, Nurse. What is yond gentleman?"

Tina smiled and found her spot, "The son and heir of old Tiberio."

"What's he that now is going out of door?" Lilly said.

"Marry, that, I think, be young Petruchio." Tina said, smiling at the funny use of names.

"What's he that follows here, that would not dance?" Lilly didn't know how she was going to memorize all her lines when they talked so damn funny back then.

"I know not." Tina replied.

"Go ask his name. If he be married, my grave is like to be my wedding bed." Lilly said.

"His name is Romeo, and a Montague, the only son of your great enemy." Tina said, smiling to Pete. He, of course, smiled back.

"My only love sprung from my only hate! Too early seen unknown, and known too late! Prodigious birth of love it is to me that I must love a loathed enemy." Lilly replied. She was starting to get pissed off; she knew Pete and Tina knew something she didn't. They were hiding something. Something big.

"What's tis? What's tis?" Tina acted.

"A rhyme I learned even now, one of I danced withal." I smirked, acting my part. Someone called a faint "Juliet" which was meant for the play.

"Anon, anon!" Tina called. "Come, let's away. The strangers all are gone."

"Stop!" Ms. Whalen called. "Cut, cut, cut!"

Movie directors call "cut", idiot. Lilly thought.

Ms. Whalen scurried over to Lilly and Tina with a huge smile on her face. "That was extraordinary!" she said, wiping away a tear that Lilly didn't think was even there. "It was the best performance I've ever seen! You both have the parts!"

Lilly looked to Tina with a small smile on her face. She didn't know what to say. Her Juliet? She was amazed. She didn't think she was that good.

"Now let's do Act 4, Scene 5, part 100. Peter Wentz acts Peter and Andy Hurly as First Musician!" Ms. Whalen scuttled back over to her chair in the far corner.

Pete and Andy walk to center stage as Lilly and Tina walk over and take seats by Ms. Whalen.

"Musicians, oh, musicians, "Hearts ease." "Hearts ease." Oh, an you will have me live, play "Hearts ease."" Pete cried, clearly over-acting, but Ms. Whalen loved it, and was already on the edge of her seat.

"Why, "Hearts ease."?" Andy asked.

"Oh, musicians, because my heart itself plays "My heart is full." Oh, play me some merry dump to comfort me." Pete laughed slightly at the word 'dump'.

"Not a dump we! 'Tis no time to play now!" Andy called, raising one arm into the air.

"You will not, then?" Pete asked.

"No." Andy simply said, putting his hand back down.

"I will then give it to you soundly." Pete said, smiling.

"What will you give us?" Andy asked.

"No money, on my faith, but the gleek; I will give you the minstrel." Pete said.

"Then will I give you the serving-creature." Andy said.

"Then will I give you the serving-creature's dagger on your plate. I will carry no crotches. I'll re you, I'll fa you. Do you note me?" Pete said, scrunching his face at the weird choice of words Shakespeare used.

"Cut!" Ms. Whalen called to the boys, standing up and clapping "Bravo! Bravo! You two both get the parts too!"

Pete smiled at Tina and Lilly, but mostly Tina. Lilly know something was up, and she was getting angry that she didn't know what it was.

"Now, where is our Romeo?" Ms. Whalen called, looking around. "It's time for Act 1, Scene 5, part 90!"

Lilly, Pete and Tina flipped through their books to see what part that was, it turns out it was meeting with Romeo and Juliet, and they end up kissing each other, twice. Now all Lilly needed to know was who is playing Romeo.

"I'm right here, Ms. Whalen." Someone called from the audience.

Lilly looked to see whom it was, and when she did, she gasped.

"I'm ready for the scene." Patrick smirked.


Lilly marched over to Pete and Tina. "You set this up, didn't you?" She hissed at them.

"No." Pete replied. "Well, kinda."

"Ugh!" Lilly hit him on the shoulder. "I know something like this was going to happen! And now thanks to you two, I have to kiss my number one enemy!"

"Well, think of it this way," Tina started, "My only love sprung from my only hate! Too early seen unknown, and known too late! Prodigious birth of love it is to me that I must love a loathed enemy." She smirked, quoting to the part Lilly just played as Juliet.

"You know, if I wasn't your friend I'd-" Lilly was cut off.

"Come our little Juliet!" Ms. Whalen called.

Lilly growled at her friends and stalked off toward Patrick, who was standing in the middle of the stage, looking at Lilly from over the top of his book. In his eyes Lilly could see that he was smirking like a madman.

"Act 1, Scene 5, part 90, darlings!" Ms. Whalen called to them.

Patrick coughed and began, "If I profane with my unworthiest hand this holy shrine, the gentle sin this: My lips, two blushing pilgrims, ready stand to smooth that rough touch with a tender kiss."

"Good pilgrim, you do wrong your hand too much, which mannerly devotion shows in this; for saints have hands that pilgrims' hands do touch, and palm to palm is holy palmers kiss." Lilly said, more dully than last time, but not too dull.

"Have not saints lips, and holy palmers too?" Patrick asked.

"Ay, pilgrim, lips that they must use in prayer." Lilly said.

"Oh, then, dear saint, let lips do what hands do. They pray; grant thou, lest faith turn to despair." Patrick smirked.

"Saints do not move, though grant for prayers sake." Lilly said, arming herself for the kiss that would end her life. Hopefully.

"Then move not, while my prayer's effect I take. Thus from my lips, by thine, my sin is purged." Patrick said, leaning forward and softly pushing his lips to Lilly's. She kept her hands down by her sides, as if they were sewn there, and keeping her mouth close tightly.

"Stop! Stop, stop!" Ms. Whalen called, furrowing her brow and stepping forward to Lilly and Patrick. "That didn't look like love!" She said.

Because it wasn't. Lilly thought.

"Did Romeo and Juliet love each other endlessly?" Ms. Whalen asked.

Hopefully not. Lilly thought again.

"There has to be more love in that! Do it again, start over." Ms. Whalen sat back down.

Patrick looked back over his lines. "Then not move, while my prayer's effect I take. Thus from my lips, by thine, my sin is purged." Patrick repeated, smirking and leaning in again. He kissed Lilly softly again, while this time Lilly tilted her head to the side, kissing back.

Patrick didn't want to, but he pulled back as Lilly readied for her next line.

"The have my lips the sin that they have took." Lilly said.

"Sin from my lips? Oh, trespass sweetly urged! Give me my sin again." Patrick said.

"Amazing!" Ms. Whalen stood up again, clapping her hands more feverishly, as the watching crowd joined in, as well as Tina and Pete. "Patrick, you've got the part! I can't believe I didn't get to use my regular Romeo, Mark."

"Lilly, you did great, not just practice that scene over and over again." Tina smiled.

"I think I'm only doing that one once, it's already horrible that I got Juliet and Patrick got Romeo. It's even worse that we have to kiss." Lilly scoffed. "I hate him so much. You guys are an inch away from getting on my list. And trust me, you don't want to be on my list."

Pete and Tina watched as Lilly walked off with her bag, the playbook, and a water bottle.

"Well, we better watch ourselves. Or our names will be spelled in bold ink on her list." Pete laughed.

Patrick walked up to them, a huge smile on his face. "Man, I knew I could count on you guys to make her audition." He said.

"Yeah, well, she wouldn't've done it if we weren't in it as well." Tina said, grabbing Pete's water and drinking some. "But, if you'll excuse me, I held back soccer for this, so, see you later." She walked off the stage.

Pete looked over Patrick's shoulder at Tina. "And, if you'll excuse me, I've got to retrieve my water." Pete took off after Tina.

Patrick stood there; watching them go, smile still plastered on his face. He couldn't believe he had just kissed Lilly Jones, the girl who hates his guts.
Sign up to rate and review this story