Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > It's Not Like It Hurts That Much Anyway

Chapter Two

by ryanrossISsove 7 reviews

=]

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-05-18 - Updated: 2007-05-18 - 1257 words

2Funny
Note: Okay, I got a few reviews, so I'll add another chapter, and see what you all think. Reviews are going to depend a lot on weather I officially make this into a full length story, so if you read this, and like it, DON'T FORGET TO REVIEW. Thanks =)

Still William's POV-

I dialed my best friend, and band mate, Mike Carden's phone, to talk about the video.

"Hey William." he said, picking up.

"Hello Mike. Listen, in regards of a call from Pete, how'd you like to come be a part of the "A Little Less Sixteen Candles, A Little More Touch Me." video, for Fall Out Boy?" I asked him.

"Whoa, as what?" he asked, seeming interested.

"A Dandie. I've fit the roll as the Leader of the dandies in Pete's eyes, so he wanted me to ask you to come fill a spot as one." I said.

"Oh of course! That'd be great! Have Pete contact me." he said.

"Okay, I'm going to uh, see him tonight, so I'll talk to him." I said, gulping afterward.

Me and Mike have known each other for a while. We were always in rival bands growing up, but some kind of a best friend bond brought us together, and now we know each other inside out.
He and I can ALWAYS tell when something's wrong with the other.

"William, whats got you? You don't sound too chipper." he said.

Good old Mike. Maybe this was my chance to let loose a little.

"Actually, funny you'd ask. I was actually going to ask you over for a bit, so I could talk to you..." I told him.

"'Bout what?" he asked.

"Something...quite important actually." I said, holding back a little. Although, I always knew the time would come to tell Mike. I tell Mike everything.

"Sure, I could stop by for a few." he said.

I looked at the clock. Only 3:00. Time does fly fast when you're talking on the phone. I still have plenty of time before Pete comes by.

"Okay, just come swing by here ASAP." I told him.

"Got it." he said.

"Okay, talk to you soon." I said.

"Mhm, bye." he said, hanging up.

I closed my phone, and plugged it into the charger, followed by turning the radio on.

I walked into the bathroom, and fixed my hair a little, then I slipped on a green v-neck, and some black jeans.

I walked back into the bathroom, and looked into the mirror.

"So...I'm gay..." I told my reflection.

I needed to practice what I was going to tell Mike. I certainly just couldn't tell him like that.

"Mike, what would you say if I told you I was in love with...a guy?" I told my reflection, again.

"Mike I..." I said, stuttering a lot.

I soon found myself picking up my tooth brush, and wiping it across the room, with frustration.

I can't do this.

I can't just tell him.

I can't.

knock knock

Shit, he's here.

I glanced into the mirror, and gulped. This was it.

I took a deep breath, and walked out to the living room, and to the front door.

I opened it up, and Mike stood there, smiling.

"Hey Beckett." he said.

"Hi Carden, come on in. You may regret not sitting after I start talking, so why don't you take a seat on the couch." I said.

He gave me a confused look, and raised an eyebrow.

"Ok..." he said, turning to the couch, and sitting.

I sat on the arm chair across from the couch were Mike sat.

I crossed my legs, and smiled awkwardly at Mike. He raised an eyebrow yet again.

"So..." he asked, moving his hand impatiently.

"Ok...so..." I said, brushing my wavy hair out of my face.

"So..." he asked again.

"So, I've got this problem." I started.

"Okay." he said.

"And, it's pretty bad. It's not as bad as it could be, but I don't like it." I added.

"What is it?" he asked.

"I'll get to it." I said.

He nodded.

"Anyway, before I tell you, I have to know that you're my best friend, and I can trust you among all people, because you're the first person I'm telling." I said.

"Bill, you know I'm always there for you. We've always been tight. Don't doubt it." He said.

I nodded uncomfortably.

"Okay...well...I'm...I'm in love." I said.

"Okay, with who, would help. Because so far this doesn't seem too bad." he said.

I scratched the back of my neck.

"I'm in love with someone, who I probably shouldn't be in love with, I don't want to be, but...I can't help it. I've never felt these feelings before, so you must believe me I'm new to this." I said.

"I believe you, Bill." Mike said.

I sighed. I know I'm beating around the bush. I can tell. I need to get this out, now.

"Mike, I'm in love with someone the same sex as me." I said quickly.

Mike gave me a blank stare.

"Wh-who?" he asked, uneasily.

I chuckled a bit.

"It's not you, so you can breath again." I told him.

He clutched his heart.

"Oh thank god. Who, then?" he asked.

I sighed.

"Promise not to tell him?" I asked.

"Bill, I'm your best friend. I love you like a brother. I trust you with my secrets, so I assure you, you can trust me with yours." he said.

I nodded.

"I love Pete." I said, looking down.

"Oh..." he said, gulping.

"You're disgusted...." I said, smacking my forehead.

"No, no no no. Not at all. I'm just uh-shocked, is all. It's fine, this happens to people all the time. We just have to break the habit." he said.

"What?" I asked.

"We just need to make you fall...out of love with him." Mike said.

"Oh, okay." I said, uneasily.

"Do you want me to help you?" he asked, comfortingly.

"By all means, if you can take this pain away, take it." I said.

"Okay, we just need you to find a girl that you really like. Once you fall in love with her, you'll forget all about Pete." he said.

"Yeah well, who?" I asked.

"What about Jac? It's evident that you like her." Mike said.

"I don't like her like that, Mike. She's one of my best friends. That's all." I said.

"Well...why don't you get yourself wrapped up in her?" Mike asked.

"Mike, I can't just make myself fall in love with someone." I said.

"It's worth a try..." Mike said.

"I...I don't know. How come you're so eager to change me? I kind of thought you'd accept the way I've become." I said.

"Oh William, is that what you think? I don't care in the least that your uh...gay. I just assumed you didn't like it, and wanted some help." he said.

"I understand. Mike, you're an amazing friend. I feel a lot better about this whole...thing." I said.

"It'll be okay Bill. I'll always be here, if you ever need to talk like this." he said.

I nodded.

"Thanks Mike. Seriously. You're my best friend." I said.

"And you are mine." he told me, with a warm smile.

I could tell he really did accept this, and it made me feel much better about my problem.

Now if only I could find a way to be with Pete that wasn't clubbing. Maybe filming the video would change things a little.
Sign up to rate and review this story