Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Silver and Cold

Walk Away

by Cerediwen 5 reviews

Mama's not gonna stop

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Fantasy - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2007-05-19 - Updated: 2007-05-19 - 1087 words

0Unrated
A/N: Hope you enjoy this guys and if you don't know the chapter titles from Funeral For A Friend's new album. That thing rocks, seriously.
Disclaimer: waves paper I own Gee!! I own Gee!! realises it's science homework sulks Fine...so I don't own Gee...
Dedicated to: MyVengefulRomance - Write dude! Write!

Chapter 49
Walk Away

"Mama's not gonna stop is she?" Kaela's small voice interrupted Penny's thoughts as she ran her hands one last time over the barrel of the small metal object that caught the dying light.
"No." The maid told her small charge quietly "She's not going to stop."
"Then Daddy's gonna die." Kaela murmured, sitting down on the hearth with her legs tucked under her "His flower's dying." She whispered "That means it's nearly over."
Penny turned around, putting her deadly prize back down on the wooden table in front of her and knelt down next to the little girl. "But it'll all be okay again Kaela." She comforted her "Shh," She murmured "It'll be okay."
Kaela buried her head in Penny's arm as her tears began to stream down her white cheeks "I don't want to go Penny..." She whimpered "I don't wanna have to go."
Penny looked down at the little girl, and for once in her life she pushed her away, pulling her arm away from the crying child. "No Kaela." She almost scolded "You have to. Remember." And with that she stood up "I'm going to finish preparing." She informed Kaela "When I come back I'll tell you what to do but for now you're to stay where you are."
Kaela looked up at her childhood friend with frozen rivers of tears glistening on her cheeks "Don't I even get to see Mama again."
Penny stopped as she was opening the door and turned around, and Kaela caught sight of the gun, hidden beneath her woollen shawl. "Kaela, that woman is not your mother." And with that she left.
Kaela watched her go with all of her small, defiant spirit crushed and broken. The spark had died in her young eyes and nothing was bringing it back again - not even what would come next. What had to come next.

~~~~~~~~~~~

He was hardly breathing; she didn't know even how he managed to stand up. But he was still there, barely holding on but leaning on nothing to stand him in that dusty room. The instruments that lay, scattered around them were rusting with age and were coated in dried blood. Here was a place that hadn't been entered, hadn't been used for years upon years upon years. Yet the device that stood in the corner of the room, proudly dominating everything was shining in all its grotesque glory. It had been renovated by the men who had previously worked for the Empress, and had been renewed for this day, and this day only. Two metal doors opened up its front, revealing a coffin-like interior, rigged with razor sharp spikes. It had the fact of a woman, moulded into the metal at the top of the casket.
He had noticed it the moment he'd come in, and realised with a growing feeling of nausea what would finally put an end to his suffering. Having watched his fair share of Tim Burton films he was well aware that the contraption leering in the corner of the room was an Iron Maiden. Supposed the spikes in the torture device were positioned so they wouldn't puncture any major organs, thus only causing severe blood loss and pain. But he doubted he'd even survive past the claustrophobia.
Melaina was standing by the side of the casket, a long, flowing black gown encasing her slender form. In her dark hair a crimson rose was nestled, and her lips were as red as blood, harsh against her ivory skin. Her stormy eyes seemed to sparkle with insane triumph as she turned her gaze on him. His black hair was matted and hung below his shoulders, his form so painfully thin that he was little more than a skeleton. His hazel eyes were void and empty of any kind of emotion but pain, and the blood and the scars that crisscrossed his bare chest were just reminders of what she had done to him.
He was deadly afraid of needles, and she was about to lock him in a device that would cause his slow and painful demise, in the dark and in a tiny space where moving would be impossible; impaled on dozens of needle spark points. But there was no compassion in her soul, not more love for him in her black heart. This needed to be ended, and she was about to end it. And then he would be gone, dead and over forever and she would make sure that after she'd burnt his body not even his ashes would remain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~*

When Penny finally went back to check on Kaela, her own long, dark dress swishing around her ankles she found the child lying on the hearth rug with her sketch book in front of her. On the page three figures stood, a mother with stormy sea blue eyes, standing at the back, looking into the distance. A father with shoulder length dark hair, kneeling down with his arms around a little girl. She was beaming and holding a posy of flowers, colourful and shining out of the paper like stars. The sun was shining in the picture and it cast its warm rays over the little family, giving the picture a friendly glow. But as Penny watched a tear ran down from the artist's eye and splashed onto the page, smudging the perfect future forever.
There was silence and then Kaela moved, slowly ripping the page from her book and then standing up and with a heartbreaking sigh casting the paper into the fire. For a minute the flames seemed to glow with increased intensity before they died back down to their former crackling blaze.
"Kaela," Penny started quietly "Have you packed everything?"
The little girl looked up at her and nodded "Yes." She murmured "I have." Penny smiled sadly "Good." She agreed "Then get changed and put your cloak on and I'll come back for you when we have to leave."
Kaela nodded slowly again "What if you don't come back?" She asked quietly seconds later, her eyes glowing with anguish "What do I do then?"
Penny looked down the child and understood the fear that she felt "Flee Kaela," She whispered "Run away."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sign up to rate and review this story