Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Alter Ego

Lost in a Crowd

by aqueous 8 reviews

Carriages and Dinner.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-05-21 - Updated: 2007-05-21 - 2140 words

0Unrated
A/N: Sorry guys, I haven't been able to update lately, I just got back from my trip to Toronto and Montreal. So this has been inspired by my trip, and I hope you enjoy, its a little bit longer than usual. I was actually gonna carry it on longer but I feel it was a good time to end it. If you have any questions, go ahead and ask away, and thanks again for all the support.

- - - -

Chapter 8: Lost in a Crowd

Herry sighed at the European culture that passed him by. He had never experienced this in his life, and he welcomed it happily soaking it all in. He smiled at some pretty girls that passed, and they giggled and whispered to eachother. One girl winked and Herry turned crimson, he placed his hand behind his head and turned the other way.

This definitely was not like home. He even noticed the change of location changed his friends. Some for good some for bad. He was happy to see everyone getting along finally.

His mind reverted to the food they were expecting, his mouth watered at the thought of italian cuisine. It was one of his favourite types of food, and he curious to try it first hand.

"Ah the carriage has already been arranged it waits for us." Dorian said happily walking a bit faster towards the carriages. "Each takes four passengers." He hopped into the first helping Odie and Neil in, Herry placed himself within the same carriage.

"Do I EVER get a break?" Atlanta said under her breath to Theresa who giggled at her friends discontent. Theresa turned to Jay who was lagging behind, obviously in some sort of thought process.

"Are you coming, or not?" She said sitting down across from Atlanta and Archie.

"Oh yeah--coming..." He said awaking from his thoughts. A sly smile spread across Archie's face as he placed his arm along the back of his and Atlanta's seat.

"It seems Theresa's got you on a leash there Jay." He laughed and suddenly stopped when Atlanta struck him in the abdomen. Theresa just glared, at the corner of her eye she could tell Jay was still unresponsive. She sighed and moved her attention to Atlanta who seemed to be in a better mood today.

- - - -

Odie placed a hand just above his brow blocking the sunlight from his eyes. He smiled as he gazed across the scenery. He had never seen beauty up close like this, sure he was used to looking at this on his computer, with all the knowledge and beauty at his fingertips, but it was no comparison to this.

He looked over at his fellow passengers, Neil of course was busy worrying about what he looked like more than his surroundings. Herry seemed in mere content, he sat silently enjoying the ride. Dorian seemed not as amused, he had seen this many times before, and you could tell.

"So Dorian," Odie said starting conversation, "What brings you to our group?" Odie leaned back on the bench, which was actually quite comfortable.

"I was sought out by Hera, when this trip was being planned..." he said finally happy he could explain his story. "My ancestor is Adonis, who is clearly known as the most beautiful man alive." He glared at Neil who had the look of death upon his face.

"Clearly they were mistaken." He said coldly returning to his mirror.

"Well anyway," Dorian continued, "He was favoured among many, mostly Aphrodite and Persephone." He smiled slyly, "His looks saved him from many a death, when finally he was put to death... of which I was never told how... his blood turned into the river Adonis." Odie thought carefully upon what Dorian and told them.

"I wonder what Hera has planned." He scratched his brow.

"Well whatever it is, its livening up my life." Dorian chuckled, the others could only agree and nod.

- - - -

Jay listened to the sound of the horses hooves against the cobblestone path. His eyes wandered about the spectacle of which was the most beautiful park he had ever seen. His eyes followed the path naturally and he found he was looking over at Theresa. Her strawberry coloured hair flowed in the wind and she had a smile on her face as she giggled and talked to Atlanta. He couldn't understand why he couldn't just enjoy himself.

"Jay are you ok?" She said smiling at him, and all he could do was return the smile. Archie sighed at his friend, he was beginning to wonder if he was truly alright. But this soon passed as his eyes had been on Atlanta the whole afternoon. He forgot how pretty she was in the sunlight, and how much fun he had around her.

Today Archie had made sure he would not pick on her as much as before, she seemed to be in a fragile state, and he couldn't figure out why. These moments always made him want to tell her everything he felt inside. But those moments passed quickly when he realized how silly he was being.

Atlanta smiled at her friend next to her, he had seemed to be looking at her more than usual. She wasn't sure if she liked or disliked it. Her feelings were still all over the place, and she wasn't sure at her age if she really wanted to get into a relationship. She felt so reckless, and felt that a relationship would hold her down. But as of late it had dawned on her maybe she was wrong.

- - - -

Dorian stood at the base of the girl's carriage letting them down softly. He smiled at the beautiful women he had just met. He wished all were as sweet as them.

"Here we are," He said turning towards the building they would be eating at, "Agata E Romeo Caraccio!" The others mouths dropped at the beautiful building before them. It was adorned with old romanesque architectural attributes.

A man stood at the door way, he welcomed them in italian and walked them over to a booth with plenty of room for all. The walls were crimson red with a beautiful pattern which was framed by beige marble columns, the ceilings reached high with arches and crown moulding. All sat anxiously chattering as their menus and drinks were served to them.

- - - -

A man stood in the alley way hidden by darkness, his form changed into a man clean cut, of which resembled a waiter, his old clothes were thrown into the trash beside him, he fixed his bow tie and slid silently into the restaurant.

- - - -

Herry knew immediately what he would order, the menu lay beneath his hands awaiting the waiter. The others were chattering confusingly as to which they would order.

Atlanta leaned over Archie and pointed to random things on his menu, asking what each meant. He could do nothing but laugh at her confusion, it was adorable.

"Bombolotti??" she said leaning into him more with a confused look on her face.

"It's short like pasta," he laughed, "It comes with shrimp, and see here squid," he pointed. A disgusted look came across her face which made him laugh more. "Maybe you should stick with spaghetti." She gave in and laughed a little.

"So Mr. Italian, what are you going to get then?" She sipped her drink.

"Risotto," he said calmly and pointed on the menu, "Its sort of a chees fondu, you can try some of mine if you want." Atlanta looked interested, she had never had anything italian besides pizza or spaghetti.

"What are you getting Jay?" Theresa asked looking over at her silent friend.

"Ravioli" He said calmly placing his drink down on the table.

"Ah the safe choice." she giggled. She showed him what she was getting and his eyes opened with shock.

"I never knew you liked that!" He leaned over and read the rest of the ingredients. "I wish my stomach were as daring." She smiled at him, as he slowly backed off embarrassed for his small outburst. She was relieved to see him come back to normal, even if it was only for a moment.

- - - -


When the waiter arrived Theresa had an inkling she had seen him before, but she couldn't put her finger on where, she kept it to herself. The man seemed to know a lot about Rome and suggested a club they should go to that night.

"Alpheus is a great club!" Dorian agreed, "I should have thought about that sooner!" He lifted his glass to the waiter who left graciously, and allowed them to pay their bill.

"A club?" Atlanta asked, "Don't we have to be of legal age?" Archie nudged her teasingly.

"They don't really care here, and the legal age is lower." He laughed, "Plus I doubt you will drink anything." A frown adorned her face.

"That's what you think, I can drink just as much as the next person." he rolled his eyes and finished up the last of his drink.

"We'll see..." he said quietly as they exited the restaurant.

- - - -

Theresa and Atlanta were ahead of the others with Dorian chatting excitedly.

"i can't believe were going to a club!" Theresa said happily, "I've never been to one in Europe, its so exciting!" Dorian smiled.

"Be sure to save a dance for me, I'll be your first european experience!" he winked and laughed. Jay burst through suddenly.

"I don't think Theresa likes to dance, Dorian, sorry." His pace quickened as he parted the two.

"Well Jay." Theresa said angrily, "I do dance, and well mind you." She glanced at him, she could not understand what was going through his head. She sluffed it off as they entered the club. She decided tonight would be a time for fun, and nothing else, to let everything slip away.

Herry and Odie decided they would head back, they were not really into drinking or the whole dance scene. Herry had said the food had tired him completely, and Odie had bought a new gadget on the trip he was dying to try out.

Theresa shrugged it off entering the loud room, packed with people having the time of her life. A huge smile spread across her face as she weeded through the crowd and found a circular shaped booth. She plopped herself down and allowed the others to follow. Dorian decided to get them some drinks.

"Isn't this just amazing!" Theresa yelled above the music.

"Sure is..." Jay said not really enthused.

"Lanta, wanna dance or something, I have way too much energy to be just sitting here." Atlanta had a scared look on her face as Theresa nudged her.

"B-but I can't dance!" she cried.

"Of course you can! Everyone loves to dance!" Theresa said prodding her more.

"But I don't know how!" She looked around with terror on her face, she was so embarrassed.

"I'll teach you, c'mon." Archie said extending his hand. She grabbed it reluctantly as he pulled her out to the dance floor.

"Would you look at those two." Theresa said giggling. Jay laughed.

"He's really trying hard," he said watching him struggle to get Atlanta to even move.

"She's so stubborn," Theresa said, she now looked over at Jay, he was very stubborn as well.

"I hope you don't mind, I just got us this italian drink I can't even remember the name of, but its delicious." Dorian said placing the drinks on the table. Jay took a big gulp immediately hoping it would loosen him up a bit.

"If you two don't mind this lovely girl has been eyeing me, and I can't wait any longer." He sped off towards a girl who accepted his hand immediately. Theresa laughed and sipped her alcohol slowly, she had drank before, but she never went crazy.

"Its about time you asked me to dance." She said a short while after to break silence. Jay confused was retrieved by her hand and pulled onto the dance floor. His mind swirled with confusion, but he found he couldn't refuse.

The music grew loud and Theresa swayed to the beat flawlessly he couldn't keep his eyes off of her, he had never seen her like this. She enjoyed herself so much and it was as if she was part of music. Jay slowly moved to the music unsure of his movements. She twirled around him, and slowly moved closer each time.

Her arms wrapped around his neck and she moved a little bit slower she looked up at him, for his approval and Jay closed his eyes and his mind finally snapped. He broke away from her.

"I'm sorry I can't..." He said, and turned to leave the dance floor.

"Jay--" Theresa called trying to reach for his hand again, but he was lost within the crowd.
Sign up to rate and review this story