Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Alter Ego

Sway

by aqueous 3 reviews

Club aftermath.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Published: 2007-07-04 - Updated: 2007-07-05 - 1055 words

0Unrated

A/N: Sorry for the slow update, I was in some what of a writers block and I just graduated so i had a busy couple of weeks. I've been working on the comic so its coming along nicely. Hope you like this one a lot going on.

Chapter 9 Sway

Within moments of Jay's departure another young man swept in placing his hand on the small of Theresa's back. Her face in sorrow she turned around to be face to face with none other than the one she had met before. She opened her mouth to speak but he gestured her to silence, as they swayed to the blaring music, she gave in partly in sadness partly in anger.

- - - -

Jay moved through the crowd his head throbbing he then bumped into a familiar face.

"Jay are you alright--you don't look too good, lets sit down." Herry had pulled through the great teddy bear of a friend. He had a change of heart when back at the dorm, why spend a beautiful night like this in a room.

"I'm uh--fine, the air is just so thick up there." He sat down and downed the glass of water that was put before him. Herry chuckled sitting opposite of his friend.

"You out there? I wouldn't figure you for the dancing type." He ordered a drink for himself, the usual beer. Herry gazed around the bar at all the people having fun, lately he had lost the drive to do anything, he hoped this trip would harness something for him.

"Well you know Theresa--" Jay began who was soon interrupted by his friend who knew him too well.

"Enough said--you really need a new hobby." He laughed again, and saw his friend crack a smile. He could see Jay loosen up a bit, but Herry could see the worry in his eyes.

Jay leaned back in his chair and gazed around to where he had left, in his place was none other than Jeff, his gaze turned hard. He swayed to the fast paced music Theresa worked her way around him they're bodies barely brushing together, she gazed into his eyes, they're faces nearly touching. His head throbbed further he closed his eyes tight and rubbed his head soothingly.

- - - -

Archie sat at the bar drink in hand his eyes on Atlanta who had more drinks than he had ever imagined, she danced to the music flawlessly, men swarming around her. His mind grew jealous, but if he dared near her she'd snap. Suddenly one placed their hand on her, Archie bolted from his seat to the dance floor and shoved him aside.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" The guy said grumpily moving else where. Atlanta glared at him and stormed off her temper fuming. Archie chased after her worried for what she might do.

All of the group saw her and Archie exit, all of them worried on the inside but they all knew it was not their place to intervene.

- - - -

Archie pushed through the heavy door that had been slammed before him by the fiery red head.

"Would you just hold on for one second Atlanta!?" He said running towards her.

"Leave me the HELL alone Archie!" Her pace quickened.

"Yeah I'll leave you out here to wander off with some stranger and get yourself killed." He said sarcastically trailing behind her. She spun around and faced him, he stumbled into her.

"Listen. I can take care of myself I'm not poor little Atlanta, and maybe I wanted to be with one of those guys, is it that hard to see that someone might actually like me!" She cried angrily.

"Like you?! More like use you like a piece of meat!" He yelled back angrily. She glared and turned to walk again but the alcohol went straight to her head she leaned against the parks, free standing mural, her back against it.

"Not all men are pigs like you." She said coldly rubbing her forehead. Archie placed a hand on the other side of the mural wiping the sweat from his face, catching his breath.

"Is that what you think I am? How could you be so BLIND." His mind hit reality and he decided to not let things go further, "Let's--we'll just go home, you've drank too much." He sighed.

"Blind? Too much to drink!" she stood up and faced him. "You think you know me down to every single part, but you don't and you never will cause you won't let yourself, what the HELL are you afraid of?" she neared closer to him, "Why won't you let anyone--" Her consistent yelling was replaced by his lips on hers.

They broke from their small reverie for a moment they gazed into each others eyes for her to recite:

"Typical." She began to sway her feet felt numb and he caught her in his arms. He sighed at her form, he picked her up gallantly in his arms placed a kiss on her forehead, and carried her back to where they were all the while she slept in his arms.

- - - -

Archie placed Atlanta gently in her bed, he admired her for just a moment before placing the covers over her, and placing one last kiss on her, fore he felt he may not get the chance once more.

- - - -

Jay lay in his bed restless he tossed and turned for hours and he could not get her off his mind. She had left the bar with Jeff off somewhere. He didn't trust him at all, it made him cringe with the thought of them together. He couldn't sleep until she was safe next to him.

- - - -

Two figures stumbled out of the back door of the club the red haired girl giggled loudly. The man placed his arm about her shoulders where his jacket sat, they strolled down the alley towards the main road. He kissed her forehead lightly and she smiled up at him.

"I should really get back..." she said playing with a string from her top.

"Are you sure, my place isn't far, I could take you back in the morning, it's getting late..." She gave in, she felt as if she were under a spell, maybe she had been swept off her feet, maybe this was love.



Sign up to rate and review this story