Categories > Original > Fantasy > The Rain

Rolling Fog

by RenoTurk 0 reviews

Tru learns the reality of the Grand Master. Please R&R

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Sci-fi - Published: 2007-05-25 - Updated: 2007-05-25 - 1092 words - Complete

0Unrated
Hey, what about today?
Is everything ok?
The world is in my hands
But I don't care
Something in my mind
If I could realize
The colours in my eyes are black and white

Somebody - Prezioso feat. Marvin

"She's been kept by the priesthood." Fielding said gently to the microphone on her jacket. "We take her and this time we don't have Shanemah to interfere."

"You sure this is a good idea? With Shanemah he really kicked our asses." The response from the Agent outside the school gate said. "I mean really I think just him would be enough."

"Just take her and bring her over to the location." She snapped and walked back inside the abandoned church.

She hated the church and she hated the hollow feeling that came with it. The place was abandoned. No God here, she snorted, as she walked past a discarded psalms book. The place had pretty stained glass windows which made different patterns on the stones of the church floor, lighting the broken wooden benches and catching the dust particles that flowed in the air.

She wasn't intending to take the girl initially but then she'd had those premonitions. If the girl could steal from others and use their powers she could be strong but so far everything she can taken was uncontrolled and only emotional. She wanted to see if she could be used to spy on her Guardian. She had to take something positive back to the Grand Master.

She paced the church until she grew bored of waiting and finally settled down and looked at the book on the floor. Its pages were damp and the outer leather was damp. Time was slowly eating through the place and as she waited for news she wondered what time would make of them. The wars between religion and science had been in the background for as long as man could remember. Like politics and religion they simply did not seem to mix.

When Fielding heard the motion at the back of the church she expected to see Charlie with her agents. She did not expect to see the large shadow of a man in the doorway. She pulled her gun and looked at the figure wondering what to make of the sudden appearance.

"You are a thorn in my side." Hellion said his voice low but travelling along the Church like a megaphone. "I have disposed of one why should I not do it to another?"

"Because you have no desire to do that." She said standing up and brushing her jacket off. "I would suspect that your best choice would be to use me to get to what you think is the man controlling me yes?"

"The thought had crossed my mind." He admitted as he stepped forwards. He scooped up a Psalm book and opened it. He put it gently on a nearby table that barely looked as though it would hold. "Then I thought you are the kind of person who would take out insurance. Are they waiting for her?"

"Yes." Her word rang clearly in the empty chamber. "I have taken the insurance I need."

"Not enough." He said gently stepping over a discarded old wooden cross. "I mean you are here alone. Did you think I would not come to find you?"

"I suppose I thought you would be enjoying a little time abroad." She said smiling.

"Well you were wrong. I shall take you as my insurance I think." He said moving behind her swiftly and removing her gun and taking her arms. Shadows engulfed them both and she felt a cold wind wrapping around her. "Perhaps your agents will give me back the girl now?"

She closed her eyes. This was an illusion surely and all she had to do was ignore it. There was no such thing as a creature who could call shadows. Those against him before had been weak. She would not be so easily taken by his parlour tricks. He held her tightly and listened to her breathing. She was trying to meditate her way out of him. The cold steel-blue eyes stared ahead as he thought of how easily he could crush her.

She was stood still, heavy breaths, heartbeat steady and yet still the cold feeling washed over her. He held her like a lover with his arms but this was not a caring embrace. This was a secure hold and she was a hostage. There was a battle of wills. Tru had to win it. His shoulder however was aching and Shanemah waited outside for a sign he might be needed. Eventually he felt her fall unconscious. He picked her up and lay her on the bench.

"You may come in you know." Tru said watching the dust in the air as his shadows retreated.

Shanemah stepped in with the small bag he was carrying. Tru and he had brought the guns, picked up knives and finally had packed them in to a less obvious bag. Shanemah looked to Tru and set it down. They had to get her to talk and neither wanted to harm her. It would have to be a waiting game. Tru left Shanemah to finish the work and went towards the place he had been warned the Grand Master would be hiding out. He wasn't sure what he was likely to face.

He put his hand to the wound. He could have cost the fight with it but he wasn't about to stop. He stopped as he walked out towards his destination. Thomas stood in front of him with the young lady that had sealed the wound.

"Unexpected." Tru said walking towards them.

"I'm sorry but Belleza here believes that you will need more than just guns to defeat the Grand Master. She tells me she knows of him."

"What is so important now?" Tru asked nonchalantly. He was fed up of the circles. Wanted his girl safe. Wanted to get to the bottom of this. Her parents were gone and he had no intention of following them to a grave.

"He is a vampire." She said gently. "You need faith Tru. Not just your shadow of belief but real and honest faith. It is the best weapon."

"Too bad I lost that long ago." He said heading to turn away. Something stopped him, the look in her eyes. The innocence mixed with bravery. He sighed and pushed his hat further over his forehead. "Best I go prepare for hell." He disappeared with the shadows.
Sign up to rate and review this story