Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Too Much Power

Diagnosed With Power

by jengrey 2 reviews

He was in Math class, just that, sitting next to Theresa, doing some algebra problems. He began to feel dizzy and his hand instinctively moved over to her hand. The next thing he knew, he lost all ...

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-05-26 - Updated: 2007-05-26 - 952 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 2: Diagnosed with Power

'Jay? Jay? I know you can hear me; you just have to wake up. Make the effort Jay, make the effort.'
He stirred slightly, and his eyes flickered open.
'What-what happened?' He asked, rubbing his forehead which was throbbing painfully.
'Cronos somehow got his hands onto Hecate's spell book, or, at least a replica of it to use.' Hera replied softly.
'What was he going to use it for?' Jay asked, sitting up on the couch that he was lying on in Hera's room.
The goddess sat down onto the couch closer to his head and sighed.
'He was going to use it to take Theresa's power,' she replied uneasily. 'For good. Theresa is fine, Jay, don't worry about her. But what amazes me is that you are still alive, but when she told me about what she did. It seems apparent that Theresa literally gave you her life.'
'You don't mean that she's-she's-'
'No, Jay, like I said before Theresa is okay but she just feels faint.' Hera assured him as he leaned back onto his pillow. 'Theresa is going to be okay, Jay, I promise.'
'I sure hope you're right,' Jay muttered.
Hera grazed his cheek with her slender fingers.
'Jay, you will do great things for your team, but sometimes, they might want to for you.' Hera said gently. 'Theresa cares for you very much, Jay. Never doubt that.'
A soft blush darted across his face and he smiled.
'But what's going to happen to her?' He asked sickly.
'She just feels faint,' Hera repeated slowly. 'But Persephone says that she'll be up and going in no time.' Hera's smile seemed too sweet, too plastic. The smile was fake, Jay thought, and so was her line.


*

He was in Math class, just that, sitting next to Theresa, doing some algebra problems. He began to feel dizzy and his hand instinctively moved over to her hand. The next thing he knew, he lost all air, everything was tinted with blue and he saw her screaming in an agonizing pain. Everything went out and he returned to the math classroom, his breathing choppy.
'Jay? Jay, please give me your answer.' The teacher commanded him.
'Oh, uh, pie multiplied by x equals to 866.301.'
'And what does 'x' equal to?' She asked.
'275.752405628997.' He answered hastily.
'Correct,' the teacher said as she wrote his answer on the chalkboard. 'Good work Jay. Theresa can you answer the next question? Theresa?'
But Theresa wasn't listening. She knew that face that was made when Jay froze: his mouth slightly open, his eyes wide, and they looked glazed over, and the pupils so small, they were almost invisible. He had a vision, and she hadn't. How was that possible? She wondered.
'What?' She asked vaguely. 'Oh, right, um, the answer is x equals to 3396.94396831713 divided by 4967 equals to 0.0012079726192873.'
'Very good,' the teacher said slowly as she wrote her answers on the blackboard. The bell rang or the end of forth period and the day.
'Jay,' the teacher called out to him as he packed his bag. 'I would like to talk to you before you leave.'
'Uh, sure Ms. Shepley,' he said, slinging his bag over his shoulder. 'What is it?'
'Jay,' she said, wiping her chalky hands on her shirt. 'Your math marks have increased tremendously, it's odd. Do you have anything to tell me?'
'I haven't been cheating,' Jay said truthfully. 'If that's what you're saying.'
'Well, I know that Jay, but I still want you to see the school guidance counselor if you have any problems at home.' Ms. Shepley responded reassuringly.
'Sure thing Ms. Shepley,' Jay said quickly. 'But if I have any problems, it wouldn't be at home.'



*

He was running home, checking his watch every few minutes. He was just about to cross the street, when he ran into Atlanta, buying a cappuccino from Starbucks.
'Ahh!'
'Ahh!'
Jay caught her drink before it hit the ground as she caught her balance.
'Jay! Shouldn't you be at home?' She asked exuberantly.
'Uh, yah,' he answered, handing Atlanta her cappuccino and brushing her hands with his. 'But not all of us are as fast as you are, Atlanta.' A powerful electric bolt seemed to fly through Jay's body, but it felt almost sensational and wondrous. He frowned slightly, but forced himself not to double over at its impact.
'Jay? Jay!' Atlanta said, knocking on his head. 'Is anyone home? You seem a bit dazed, are you okay?'
'Uh, yah,' he answered, rubbing his temple. 'Yah, I'm-I'm fine, in fact, I fell great.' He laughed and removed his hand from his head.
'Maybe a good race will cheer you up?' Atlanta asked hopefully, chugging her drink and tossing the cup into the nearest trash can.
'No, Atlanta, that only cheers you up. It's incredible, I mean, you're endurance for hot things is crazy!' Jay said happily. 'But I will take you up on your offer of the race.'
'Cool,' Atlanta said jokingly, jogging over to the near park. 'So I'll give you a head start, you know, so that you can feel a bit better about being close to winning. I'll go easy!'
She offered to give him a ten second head start, but he refused graciously.
'Alright then, ready? 1...2...3...GO!'
Jay sped along the path, Atlanta completely disappearing from sight. It took him mere seconds to reach the end of the path, and waited for a few more minutes for Atlanta to come by, her mouth open in shock and her eyes wide in disbelief.
'How-how did you do that?' She asked, astonished. 'It's like you're super fast!'
'I d-don't know,' Jay stuttered. 'I think we need to see Hera.'
Sign up to rate and review this story