Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Busted!

Another Explaination

by ernie_the_leprechaun 1 review

Look, an update! I really expected this story to be gone. Anywho, to the chapter summary: Daddy Barton is back, and he brought with him....a story?

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Published: 2007-05-28 - Updated: 2007-05-28 - 1717 words

0Unrated
When we last left off:
She sighed, allowing herself to really relax for the first time in a long time, until the sound of someone approaching caught her attention. The couple looked at the door as a tall man ran through it, followed by Hera. The man rushed toward Theresa, saying:

"Tess, thank Zeus you're safe!"

Jay looked at his friend quizzingly, until she said, "Dad, you're here! You're really here!"

Okay, now to the chapter...
----------------------------------------------------------------

"Yes, sweetheart, I'm here, and I'm so sorry. I should have told you everything from the beginning, and we could have avoided this whole thing." Jay backed away from Theresa as her father bent down to pull her into a hug. He looked at Hera, who looked just as confused as he felt. Wasn't it just a couple of hours ago Cronus had claimed to have killed Mr. Barton? Yet apparently, here he stood, starting to converse with his daughter.

"Tell me what, Dad? Cronos said you were dead-"

"And you believed him? The yellow-bellied, lying coward." His interruption made Jay and Hera smile, Jay because he was glad Mr. Barton already seemed to hate Cronus, and would probably let Theresa stay to help fight him, and Hera because his outburst reminded her so very much of the past, of a different time, with different teenagers. Mr. Barton began to explain.

"Tess, honey, Cronus didn't come after me, he just sent me a message, saying he was going to kill you. I've been so worried about you, worried that we'd never get a chance to talk about everything."

"I'm sorry, Dad. I should have told you what was going on. But I couldn't, there was security reasons and I couldn't break the rules and-"

"Tess, tess, calm down." He interrupted before she could get worked up, and for that Jay was grateful. She had already gone through enough. "I know you couldn't just tell me. Hera never would have allowed that. Besides," and he started looking both guilty and regretful at this time, "we haven't been on the best of terms lately, and I'm sorry for that. But I'm going to start making up for that, right now." He turned to Hera, saying, "I think it's time we told them the whole truth about, well, about everything. They deserve to know."

"As they will," Hera replied, smiling soothingly at everyone present. "But we should wait for Emily, for she will want to help with the explaination."

"Wait..." Jay spoke up for the first time. "Emily as in-"

"Yes, Jay, as in me."

Mrs. Emeres entered the room, followed by everybody else. most of the parents were looking worried, wondering what else /could they /possibly have to be told? Hera quickly silenced the room, with the quiet command, "Heroes, sit down, and listen well. This story will have some effect on you, whether big or small has yet to be seen."

So, the heroes sat, Atlanta and Jay at the foot of Theresa's bed, Odie, Herry, and Neil on the couch, and Archie on the floor near Atlanta. Mr. Barton and Mrs. Emeres looked at Hera, as if expecting her to start, but she just gave them a look that told them to go ahead.

"Well," Mr. Barton began, sounding very unsure as to what to say. "It may surprise you that the Dragon Stones have caused much trouble in the past, especially between the different groups of Gods and Goddesses. Everyone wanted them-"

"Of course they did!" Neil commented loudly. "Unlimited power, the strength to destroy and control anything you want, the-"

"Shut it, Neil," Archie nudged neil with his foot. "Let them finish."

"Okay, umm...Well, with so many groups of people after these stones, there was a mad rush to find the other 2 stones. Persephone already had one of the Stones, and had protected it for years. The others were, however, lost for those same years. So, the hunt was on for them, espescially the third, which was as yet made for no one, so therefore still pure.

Now, the Gods couldn't very well parade threw the town, yelling 'Throw out your jewellery,' and blasting anyone who got in their way. In fact, if any of the Gods had actually looked for the Stones themselves they could have been followed by the other groups and found out. Still there was a problem, for if the Stones fell into the worng hands, who knows what would have happened. The Gods needed help, help from Mortal beings, if they were to keep the Stones, and the world, safe."

He paused, and Mrs. Emeres was quick to continue with the story.

"That was where we came in." She amended. "Well, not us, at first. Every year, Hera and the other Gods would track down the descendants of some of the greatest heroes, and even some of the Gods themselves. The descendants had to be at a high school age, so that they could be brought to Olympus High to go to school, and to be mentored and trained. They had to be replaced often, because once the teenagers graduated they could not be conviniently used. Not that they weren't all important!" She added as she saw their shocked faces. "No, it was just that they deserved the chance to live their lives free from such worries. They had to move on, get a higher education, start a family. In other words, grow up."

She stopped for a moment, maybe to try and remember, or just to take in what she herself had just said. Mr. Barton then looked as if to take over, but Hera chose that moment to begin to talk.

"The year your parents came, was a year of great importance. The Roman Gods have managed to track down one of the Stones, the one once owned by Hecate, and were working on a way to get it. We had to stop them, so we set the team to work. We had a plan, a fool proof plan, or so we thought." Hera sighed, and closed her eyes in sorrow. "It went horribly wrong. The team that year consisted of only 6 heroes: Percy Dovvan, descendant of Perseus; Tamasine Colemay, descendent of Ares; Alana St. Clair, descendant of Hercules; Zane Keigwin, descendant of Odessyes; Emily Futopolios, descendant of Jason; and Charles Barton, descendant of Theseus."

"Whoa, hold on! My DAD was a hero too!" Odie had jumped up, trying to take in this new piece of information.

"And my mom, she was too?" Herry also got up. "Dude, this is awesome!" He thomped Odie on the back, as a congratulatory action, that hurt Odie more that helped. Hera had to smile at this little scene, but Atlanta was quick to note:

"You said the plan went wrong? What was it?"

Hera stopped smiling, closing her eyes again. "We knew a Roman God would not directly attack a mortal. At the time, it was a rule we generally lived by. But we did not have knowledge of...we did not know...they had also found descendents to fight for them, tough descendents that were not afraid to hurt without mercy." On the last word, her voice broke, and Mr. Barton took over again.

"The battle was long, and furtile. By the end, we had lost 2 friends: Tamasine during the battle, Percy afterwards, of his injuries. It turned out, they died for nothing...." He paused, looking murderous for the first time. "The stone had been a fake, the real one was never found."

A collective gasp came from everyone in the room, minus 3. It was a horrible thought, and with Theresa so recently saved from a similar fate, it was a thought that made Jay reach for her hand, to reassure himself that she was still there. This information, though, still stored itself into the back of his mind. He had a feeling he would need it later.

"So," Mrs. Emeres finished off. "You all now know the whole story. Make of it what you will, and use it to help you now, if it can. Do you guys understand it all?"

"Yeah...we just...need time to talk, as a team. To see what we do next."

A yawn from the back of the room brought them all back to their senses. Georgie-Anna stood, eyes wide and hands over her mouth, so they could barely hear her whispered 'sorry....'

Hera said, "Yes, you all must talk, but not tonight. For now, go to sleep, and regroup in the morning. Good night, heroes."
And with that, she left the room. Everyone else followed suit, the teenagers leaving with their families', muttering about finding everyone a bed for tonight. Soon, if was just Jay and his family, Theresa and her father.

"Good night, Tesa. Rest up." He looked unsure as to what to do, and was surprised when she leaned forward to give him a quick hug before saying, "Good night, Jay. See you in the morning." With those parting words, Jay and hid family left, but Theresa could here the 'OWWW! Jay's got a girlfriend!' from Georgie, and the 'Do not!' from Jay, but she could almost see the blush that would be appearing on his face. It made her smile, as her father sat on the edge of her bed.

"So, sweetheart, are you okay?"

She strugged. "As good as could be expected, I guess."

Her father still looked uncomfortable. "Look, Tess, I know being here now doesn't make up for these past 3 years, but-"

"Daddy, don't even think on it. In my opinion, you showing up here today, and everything you did for my benefit, was worth waiting the last couple years for. I love you, daddy."

"I love you too, Tess." He smiled somewhat, looking partially bemused. "And from the look of it, I'm not the only one, but he loves you in a different way, of course."

The blush on Theresa's face more than rivalled Jay's,

----------------------------------------------------------------
Okay, I know what you're all thinking. Who is this person again? Well, I'm writing again, and hopefully will be writing alot more. It's a good way to escape from things. Anyway, I know the chapter wasn't great, but I hope you enjoyed it, and I will hopefully update soon.

ernie_the_leprechaun
Sign up to rate and review this story