Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Busted!

Existing

by ernie_the_leprechaun 6 reviews

Cronus finally turns up at the park... (I didn't put this in the warnings, but there are references in violence and inappropriate....stuff, but not more than a VERY brief mention.)

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-01-21 - Updated: 2007-01-21 - 1029 words

2Exciting
The seconds turned into minutes, and the minutes turned into an hour. There was still no sign of Cronus, and Jay was going stock crazy with the eternity of waiting. If Cronus wanting the dumb stone so badly, he thought bitterly, why isn't he hurrying to retrieve it? Every second that past meant another moment that Theresa wasn't safe, that she could still be being tortured and tormented to the brink of death. When Jay thought of what his friend must be suffering through, he wanted to punch something, hard. He knew he would get his chance to soon, but the nearby tree Herry was leaning against looked awefully tempting to. He had no time to test that theory, however, because it was then that Archie called out:

"Guess who finally turned up, portal and all!"

He was right, not twenty feet from where the team stood, a time portal had appeared, and out of it stepped Cronus with Agnon following behind him. Agnon dragged Theresa with him, not bothering to make sure her already bruised and battered form didn't hit anything. Jay quickly took in what he could tell of her injuries, and then turned to Cronus.

"Ah, young Jason, a pleasure to see you. Now time to trade. The Dragon Stone, for the dead weight that Agnon is carrying." Cronus gestured behind him, where Theresa hung limp. Atlanta was looking at her horror- struck, how could the older girl she had always looked up to now so vulnerable. It wasn't fair. Jay used all the restriant he possessed to stop himself from running at Cronus. He loudly spoke:

"We don't have time for your games, Cronus! Give Theresa to me, and then you'll get your Stone, simple as that."

He chuckled, but it was neither as long nor as volumious as normal. He gested back, "I don't think so, Jay. Give me the Stone, or..." Here he paused, roughly wrenching Theresa's head back so her throat was clearly exposed. Then he pulled out his scythe, and finished, "the girl will die."

"You mean be murdered!" Archie yelled, "you heartless piece of -"

"Enough! We don't have time for this!" Yelled Jay, obviously losing his cool now. "Cronus, I will not give you this stone until you HAND OVER THERESA!"

"You know, maybe I won't hand over your little girlfriend, Jay. Maybe she'd like me better than you. It gets lonely being an evil genius." Cronus said, and if the situation had been any less dire for their friend, the team would have been very creeped out.

"I doubt it, you won't keep her as a hostage. It may take all day, or longer. But you'll hand her over, because it's the only way to get the stone. The stone that you based all your plans around, Cronus. The stone that you, unwillingly, put all hope in. You need this stone as much as we need Theresa, and your fake resolve will break. So I won't say it again, hand Theresa over, now, or your hope is gone." Silence followed Jay's words, as dead calm a ever, but somehow more deadly. Cronus obviously realised this, and relented.

"Fine, here," and he motioned for Agnon to throw the girl in Herry's general direction. He caught her, and immediently began to walk towards his truck, the rest of the team began to follow. Cronus was shocked, yelling out:

"What is this? I gave it, Jay, now hand over the Stone!"

"Here's what's going to happen, Cronus. We'll walk back to the truck, and I'll throw the Stone back to you. Easy enough to follow?" Seeing the look this statement recieved, the leader added, "don't worry, you know we can't try to run away. You'd hunt us down and kill us faster than we could start the truck."

A pause then, "Alright, but no funny stuff, mortals!" Jay nodded, then turned toward the truck. He couldn't help thinking, 'How can anything in this situation be funny? What I'm about to do is in all seriousness.' He reached the truck, and looked at Cronus, reaching into his pocket as if to get the Stone to throw. Instead, he pulled out a vile, filled with dust blue powder. He uncorked it, and through it over the truck and himself, praying to any Greek Gods that were listening that Persephone's potion would work. It did, as the God of Time howled with rage, all seven teens disappeared.

~~~*~

An hour later, Theresa lay in a bed in Persephone's solarium, Jay keeping her company on the couch. After crying her eyes out and apoligizing a million times, the Goddess tended to multiple serious injuries the teen girl had suffered, and then given her any and all comfort she requested. A long bath, and a comfortable bed satisfied her, and then Jay came up to offer any help to her too. Now they were talking about all that had happened.

"It was awful," said Theresa in her new voice, quiet and small, like her new personality. "It was like I didn't know anything, I stopped feeling pain, stopped feeling hate, stopped caring about everything. I just existed, I didn't live."

Her words were cutting into Jay, who responded by hugging her softly for the seventh time since her return. He said, "I know you can't forget it yet, but I want you to know that you're safe now, and no one is ever going to hurt you again if I have any say in it."

She sighed, allowing herself to really relax for the first time in a long time, until the sound of someone approaching caught her attention. The couple looked at the door as a tall man ran through it, followed by Hera. The man rushed toward Theresa, saying:

"Tess, thank Zeus you're safe!"

Jay looked at his friend quizzingly, until she said, "Dad, you're here! You're really here!"

---------------------------------------------------------------

I am so sorry for never updating. Writers block, and speeches at school, and me being to lazy to type anything all got in the way. Anyway, Theresa's back home safe and now dear daddy Barton is there too. Happy, Happy, Day. Anyway, please read and review.
Sign up to rate and review this story