Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Busted!

The Importance of Parents

by ernie_the_leprechaun 4 reviews

Hiya, I'm back! I'm so sorry it took so long to update this. I wrote it out by hand weeks ago, and then family stuff got in the way. Then I typed it out here last night, and the dumb computer froze...

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-12-22 - Updated: 2006-12-22 - 1017 words

0Unrated
Jay's heart raced, beating wildly in his chest at the anticipation numbing all other senses. The drive to the park had seemed to take hours more than it really did, and Jay had to resist the urge to rush from Herry's truck and run the rest of the way. Now that they were actually here, however, Jay wished to be anywhere else.

Well, not anywhere else. The places that came to mind most prodimently were only places where Theresa was well, happy, and with him at last. He just wanted this whole experience to be over. Which, he thought sourly, would never happen if Cronus didn't fork her over. Where was he, and why hadn't he arrived yet?Was he inflicting still more torture on the poor girl, while he still held her captive? Could he, perhaps, have decided against needing the Dragon Stone for his evil doings? Jay put this fear at the back of his mind, Cronus was too greedy to give up on a prize like that. The only plausible explaination that came to mind was that Cronus really did fear the Stone's powerful force. He would, of course, be fool not to be leery of it, but it still disagreed with the fact that Cronus wanted the stone for himself.

Whatever the explaination, Jay wanted Cronus to show up and take the stone quickly. The sooner he did, the sooner Theresa would be safe. Then, hopefully, she would get well quickly, and use the Stone on Cronus. It's powerful magical abilities may be the key to his downfall, if the Stone didn't affect Theresa in other ways. How, Jay did not know. Why, Jay did not know. But he knew one thing, as he stood waiting with the rest of the team, a vile clutched in his hand. Their plan had to go off without a hitch, for are their sakes, and the sake of the world.

When did life get so complicated?

~~~*~

"Pathetic Mortals," Cronus laughed. "And pathetic Gods filling their heads with untruths. They failed to the nost important part of the legend, the part most significant to my plan."

Cronus stood over his enchanted pond, and muttered "Mnopeite va htonomntios navi taviosomn." Instantly the water showed a scene, not of the present, but of the past. A few thousand years in the past, to be more exact.

"What have you done, Foolish boy!" Medea stood screaming at her step-son in their grand home.

"I done NOTHING wrong!" A teenage Theseus screamed right back. His obvious hatred for the woman was clear in every word he spoke. "I have only stopped you from releasing such evil on the world as can not be imagined. Why would you do something like that?"

"I could control it, use it to rid the world of all your father's enemies, and yet you refuse to mind your own buisness. You will pay for this insolence!"

"No one can control the Dragon Stones, and you well know it! And another thing, this is NO insolence. I do not have to obey one whom is trying to destroy me. You are not my mother, witch!"

"YOU WILL PAY! You and your descendents all." And Medea used magic to overpower Theseus, pushing him to the floor. She chanted:
"Never again will you find any peace,
never again will your life be with ease,
you will die by one hosting a torch of great fear,
you will lie with the pain and the shadows of leer!"


The image faded, clearly this was all Cronus needed to formulate his plan around. "Theseus' life held true to those words until the day he died, and history will repeat itself for his precious little descendent too, mark my words."

He paused, looking over at Theresa's unconcious form at his feet. "Why deprive Jay of his little girlfriend any longer. Time to get the Stone, and once again rule the world!"

~~~*~

The rustling of papers was the only sound in the study. Glooming shadows danced on the walls from the single lit lamp on the desk. A man paced his desk, searching for something he had recieved days ago and was only reading now. He had to hurry, every second spent here was another second Theresa was in danger. He had to help her, and yet he didn't even think she knew he was alive.

Mr. Barton was trying to focus on his search, but memories began to block his thinking. Memories of his teenage years, when he was called forth by Hera, explained to who he was and how he was involved in the issue at hand, and that he might be asked to help. The issue was the Dragon Stones, and what threat they still had on the world. Charles hardly dared to believe it at the time, but now wished he had ignored the final piece of advice from the Gods, all those years ago.

When Charles Barton was in High School, he was summond to New Olympus High School. There he met Hera, queen of the Gods, who explained to him and three others their unique anscestry. Zane Keigwin, Alana St. Clair, and Emily Futopolios had also been their, but Charles hadn't spoken to his old friends in years. He assumed, however, that at that very moment their childern were trying to help his daughter.

Oh, why hadn't he and Theresa gotten along better. He loved his daughter dearly, but they were so distant. Especially recently, they most definitly had things to talk about. Why hadn't he explained about the Gods, and the Dragon Stones, before? All of this could have been avoided, and his dear Theresa would be safe. He wouldn't lose his daughter now.

When did life get so complicated?

---------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, a quick Q and A. I'll explain who the people in Theresa's father's story were:

Zane Keigwin- Odie's father (now deceased)
Alana St. Clair- later Alana Wallock, Herry's mother (now deceased)
Emily Futopolios- later Emily Emeres, Jay's mother

This may seem a very confusing chapter, and not the best. It'll get better and more readable, promise.
Sign up to rate and review this story