Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Busted!

The Dragon Stone

by ernie_the_leprechaun 8 reviews

The titans finally meet with their parents in New Olympia.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2006-11-27 - Updated: 2006-11-27 - 1248 words

3Original
Jay stared at the scene in front of him, mouth agap in shock. One minute he was standing in a dark, dingy cave, and the next he was at his high school, standing in the main room of the Gods' secret hideaway. Before he was staring at his dear friend's mangled body, and now he was staring at an assortment of his friends, the Gods and Goddesses, and what had to be his friends' parents. The instant change was alot for Jay to take in, as well as the panic he had felt seconds before subsiding and him being utterly confused. The magnitude of the situation was so great, that few words could be said to describe it. Though, Jay did pick very....colourful adjectives.

"What..." He began brokenly. "The...fu-"

"Jay, watch the language!" Said a Greek woman from her spot in the group.

"Sorry, mom, but... what's going on?" He puzzledly studied his friend's faces, and they looked as confused has he felt. Atlanta was the first to speak up.

"That's what we were wondering. Hera was about to explain when you popped in." So Jay went to stand by his parents (just as the others had stood by their parents, respectively) and listened as Hera began her explaination for the fourth time.

"Cronus was undoubtably in the cave you had discovered, and set up the enchantment you all encountered as a precaution against your interference. From what the others have told me, you were set against your worst fears, in hopes that they would become an undefeatable enemy. You all did well to overcome them." Hera surveyed each hero as she said this, smiling at the thought of their great physical and mental strength. Then her expression turned grim.

"But now we must fear the worst. Cronus would have set up the spell so that it would alert him of your presence. He will know how close you were to finding him, and will move before we could ever get to him. We must move quickly if we are to save Theresa."

"We have to save her," Jay said, more to himself than anybody. "We need her on this team. We need her as a friend."

"Agreed," Odie added from beside his brother. Odie was scanning the room, and duely noted, "I see Theresa's father didn't turn up."

Persephone, who had been contenplating the matter, seemed about to speak, when an image appeared on the previously blank mirror leaning against the wall. A dark figure stood laughing, shadowed by the trees that the teens recognised from the park. That was not what Jay was looking at, however. He was more concerned about the fragile, unconcious form that Cronus was holding with his scythe, hardly caring that this was surely cutting her skin and causing her pain. Theresa looked dead, or at least hardly alive, but Jay was trying exceptionally hard not to think about that.

Cronus answered Odie's remark with one of his own. "It is hard for a dead man to turn up to anything, at least not on his own accord. I would think you'd know that, young Odysseus."

So Cronus had killed Theresa's father. This registered in the minds of all the young heroes, but they hardly dared to believe it. Why, out of all of them, had Theresa been the one to be attacked so? They all knew she had almost no contact with her father in a long time, and now she had no chance of repairing their bond. Archie was the first to recover from this fact, and said frankly,

"What do you want Cronus? There has to be something you're after."

"What makes you think that, Archie?" Said Cronus, the sarcasm in his voice painfully obvious.

"You would have killed Theresa by now if you didn't need her as a hostage," said Herry savagely.

"A descendent of Hercules with some brains. I must say, I'm impressed. But that is not the issue at hand," and Cronus turned his attention to Jay.

"Jay, bring me the Opakovtao Netpivoo, or your little girlfriend dies. Let's see how the fearless leader acts when precious Theresa's on the line." Laughing horribly, Cronus disappeared, and the mirror was once again just a mirror.

"What did he want us to bring?" Atlanta asked. Jay was staring at the floor, deep in thought. He answered the question distantly. "Opakovtao Netpivoo, the Dragon Stone." He looked up at Hera questioningly, who in turn looked to Persephone for help.

"The Dragon Stone," began the fair haired Goddess, "is a little known legend of Greek times. There were three magical stones made, then set into medallions shaped like different dragons. Medea had one, as did Hecate, and finally Theseus."

"Why did Theseus have one, if they were magic? I didn't think he had any powers like that," asked Archie.

"He didn't," said Hera.

"Theseus got his from Medea," said Persephone. "You see, both Medea and Hecate were after the third Dragon Stone, who was in no one's possession yet. It was said that the Stones, when combined, could give the owner ultimate power. But Theseus discovered his step-mother's evil, and stole the Dragon Stones once she collected two."

"So, where is the Dragon Stone that Cronus wants? Did Theseus hide it, destroy it?" Asked Atlanta.

"If it's destroyed, Theresa's doomed," said Neil, as blunt and straight-forward as usual.

"No, I have it. Theseus gave it to me for safe-keeping, away from Hecate." Persephone left the room, apparently to retrieve the aforementioned stone. The group waited in anticipation, for Persephone to return and their leader's instruction.

Jay was ready to take command of the situation. He was already formulating a plan. "Hera, if we had the Dragon Stone, could Theresa use it?"

Hera replied slowly, as if the thought was dawning on her. "I suppose she could. She definitly is powerful enough, but I doubt she could as soon as you rescue her. She will be exhausted."

Jay absorbed this information, then turned to the rest of the team, who were grouping in the center of the room. "We need to rescue Theresa, without handing over the Dragon Stone. Then we wait until she recuperates, and attack Cronus with all we've got. I just hope these Dragon Stones are as strong as the legend claims."

Nodded of agreement were exchanged, and each hero grabbed their respective weapon. Except Neil, who stole a look in his mirror, before they had to go. Persephone returned to the room carrying a necklace in her hand, which she carefully handed to Jay. The group examined the precious piece, which was made of real silver and hung on a black chain. A small pink stone shone fron the center of the dragon, giving Jay a reminder of the girl he had to save, and quickly.

"Keep us in contact with your PMR's," Hera said, "and remember we will be watching you in case anything happens." She gestured at the mirror in explaination, then parted with the words, "be careful."

"We will, we promise. Alright, team," Jay said, his natural confident demeaner shining through again. "Let's go."


---------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, in case anyone wanted to know, the Greek is not an exact translation, and the legend is false. So, if anyone is Greek, I apologise if these things bothered or insulted them. Also, the parents DO have a purpose in the story, just not yet (my friend was on my case about this.) Enjoy!

ernie_the_leprechaun
Sign up to rate and review this story