Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Busted!

Trapped

by ernie_the_leprechaun 2 reviews

On their way to save Theresa...

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2006-11-18 - Updated: 2006-11-19 - 1303 words

1Exciting
Those noises you hear, the shadows you think are monsters, the things that go bump in the night. They are not reality, nor imagination. They are your mind, how you see and hear things, and how you react to these things. Do they frighten you, and can you ignore or confront this fear? Or do you shrink away, look for sancuary and wait for the emotion to slowly fade.

As the leader of the group, and a leader figure by nature, fear was an emotion that Jay simply did not bother with anymore. Confronting it had become an everyday occurance anyway, so he had learned to cope with it better in the time he had spent in New Olympia. Even now, as he feared for his friend's life, fear was not his dominate feeling. Determination, and an abundancy of it, coarsed through his veins, closely rivaled in level by his desire to rip Cronus limb from limb, instead of instantly slaughtering him. He had to rescue Theresa, and she had to be okay. He felt this as if his being, as well as hers, depended on this.

The teens' search for Theresa had led them to numerous places by now, the current one was a field, the grass under their feet dewy in the late night air. In the distance stood a small mountain, and on the mountain was a cave. Light flowed from the cave, blue and nearly enchanted, very welcoming in the darkness. This was where Cronus was holding his dear friend captive, Jay was sure of it. They were approaching it fast, so the team began to discuss tactics.

"I say we rush in there, and destroy anyone that gets in our way of getting Theresa," Archie said. Though he and Theresa didn't get along all the time, he hated that Cronus would be cruel enough to prey on an unprepared girl.

"If we do that, Cronus will get us all, and then we won't be any use at all," Odie quipped.

"Odie's right, we need a plan," said Herry.

"And a good one," added Neil pointedly.

"We will have a plan, but we can't form one unless we know what we're up against," said Jay, trying to be the voice of reason and stability, though he whole-heartedly wanted to go through with Archie's rash plan. He felt as if he was accomplishing nothing, not fighting Cronus' goons yet. "I think we should get as close to the cave as possible, so we can evaluate the situation, and go from there."

As everyone agreed this was best, they quickened their pace until they were just yards away from the base of the mountain. Suddenly, the air changed, from sweetly cold to sickeningly humid. The scene around Jay changed, and his friends were nowhere in sight. Startled, he looked all around the gloom before him, clearly saw the figure lying on the ground mere feet away, and screamed.

~~~*~

Archie was pressed against the wall, staring in horror at the wet floor surronding him. Just seconds before, he was with the others, close to saving Theresa. Now he didn't even know where he was, but he didn't think of that. All that he noticed was the water around him, thigh-deep and rising, in the well that he was trapped in. Though it was not the well itself that trapped him, for there was a opening high above his head, and climbing out of the well would not be difficult.

Unless you had an intense fear of water, like Archie had. He had seen the escape route, and knew he had to reach it, but fear would not let him move.

'Come on,' he pleaded with himself, 'it's just water. You shower in it, don't you?' But, truth be told, he didn't like to wash in it, his showers lasted five minutes on a good day. But still, this was life or death he was dealing with. He would let the world down if he didn't escape, and soon.

Taking a deep breath, and hoping against hope that it wouldn't be his last, Archie took a step forward. As soon as his foot brushed the ground, the, to him, horrifying scene disappeared. Relief and shock filled his senses as he registered what he saw.

~~~*~

'Don't scream, don't move, don't scream,' Atlanta chanted, over and over again in her head. She didn't know how she had gotten there, just that she would rather be anywhere else.

Atlanta was lying on her bed, but the calm feeling her room usually stirred in her was replaced by sheer terror. Because covering her bed, at random intervals, were a dozen Tarantulas, the mortal world's biggest breed of spider. These tarantulas were at least twice normal size, it seemed to Atlanta, who wanted to jump up and run shrieking from the room. She knew she had to stay still, first and foremost, because if the spiders got spooked they would bite her, and taratulas are poisonous. She had to get the spiders away from her, then she could freak out as much as she pleased.

Keeping this thought in mind, she gingerly reached for the hairy body of the spider nearest her. Careful to stay far away from the threatening pincers of the beast, Atlanta held it for a split second before hurling it at the wall, waiting for the sound of it meeting it's target. she never got to hear it, however, because at that point she was thrown into yet another situation, this one much more appealing.

~~~*~

Not being able to move, not being able to fight. Herry groaned as the taunts of the shadowy figures around him burned his soul. He hated being weak, he hated being vulnerable, he hated not being able to help. But most of all, he hated when others noticed these times of vulnerablity. It made him feel like a coward, like he was worth nothing.

The leering grew louding, and Herry wished it to stop, for it not to be real. He couldn't stand it to be real. 'Wait,' he realised suddenly. 'It couldn't be real. I wasn't here a second ago.' Then, out loud, he said, "I'm NOT weak."

The shadow people disappeared, to be replaced with much brighter companions.

~~~*~

Laying in front of him, her expression blank, her body battered and bleeding, was Theresa. Sweet, innocent Theresa, who didn't deserve to feel pain. Whom he was fond of, whom he cared deeply about, whom he loved. He couldn't loose her.

Jay rushed forward, and gently reached for Theresa's form. He supported her wrist as he felt for a pulse, but began to panic when he couldn't find one. He didn't let her go, but slipped his arms around her waist and shoulder, and craddled her to his chest.

"No! She can't be dead, so can't be! I won't loose her, I can't!" He was nearly hysterical now, sobbing and not caring that he was. "She isn't dead. This can't be real. This isn't real!" Those words did it, the illusion vanished, and he found himself in front of a group of people.

"Long time no see, Jay. Could you shut off the water works?"

-----------------------------------------------

Okay, just to clear up any confusion (I got confused as I wrote it, but it may be just me.) For reasons as yet unknown, 4 out of 6 teens have just faced their worst fears. I thought there may be issues with these, so I am summerizing here. Archie is afraid of water, as shown in the show. Atlanta is afraid of spiders. You may not agree, but I think this fear may be because of the Arachne incident. Herry is afraid to be weak, both of body and spirit, and Jay fears Theresa's death, at the moment. I will update soon.

ernie_the_leprechaun

Sign up to rate and review this story