Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Romeo and Juliet

Act 3, Scene 5

by horsie890 0 reviews

Act 3, Scene 5

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst, Crossover, Drama, Romance - Characters: Mikey Way, Other - Warnings: [!!!] [?] - Published: 2007-05-28 - Updated: 2007-05-29 - 1792 words

0Unrated
Mikey and Alicia stood at her window, listening to the calls of several birds in the darkness. Mikey stepped closer to the opening as if to leave.

"Mikey, where are you going?" Alicia asked sadly. "It's nowhere close to morning. That was a nightingale. They only sing at night."

"No, Alicia," said Mikey, shaking his head. "It was a lark, that sings just before sunrise, not a nightingale. See, in the distance?" He motioned to the eastern sky. "There's sunlight on the clouds. I must be gone and live, or stay and die."

"That's not the sun," Alicia said desperately, clinging to his arm. "It's just a shooting star that is going to light your way out of the city. You don't need to leave yet."

"Let me be taken, then, and put to death," he said with a smile. "I am content, and you seem content with it. It's not a lark singing after all. I'd rather stay than leave, anyway. Come, death," he said to the open sky, "and welcome! Alicia wills it so. Let's just talk; it's not daylight yet."

"Yes, it is," she said suddenly. "You have to leave. It's only a lark singing out of tune. I only wish it were a nightingale, or a toad or something. Look, it's getting lighter, you have to leave."

"The lighter it gets, the worse I feel," said Mikey, meeting her in a kiss.

Hayley stepped into the room.

"Alicia!" Alicia broke away from Mikey at the sound of her name, but sighed seeing that it was only Hayley.

"Hayley?"

"Inés is coming over. It's morning; be careful," she warned, leaving as quickly as she had come.

"Then, window, let day in, and let life out," Alicia said sadly.

"Goodbye, Alicia. One kiss, and I'll leave." He kissed her again, then climbed down the fire escape ladder on the wall next to the window.

"He's gone already," Alicia said, breaking into tears. She rushed to the window and leaned out as far as her balance would allow. "Mikey, you have to call me every day, every hour, for in a minute there are many days." 'If I count like this I'll be much older before I see him again,' she thought to herself.

"Goodbye," Mikey said softly. "I'll speak to you every chance I get."

"Do you think we'll ever see each other again?"

"I don't doubt it," he said with the sweet smile she had come to know so well. "We'll laugh about all this when we're older." Alicia blinked, and a horrifying image suddenly came to her.

"I must be dreaming," she said in terror, going pale. "I see you as if you are dead, in the bottom of a tomb; either my eyes are bad, or you look pale."

"In my eyes, so do you," said Mikey. "Goodbye." And with that, he was gone. Alicia looked up at the lightening sky.

"Fate, everyone calls you fickle. If you are, what will you do with him? Be fickle, then; for if you are, you will not keep him long, but send him back to me." There was a soft knock at her closed door.

"Alicia, are you awake?" called Inés's voice.

"Is that Inés? Why is she up so late? Or early, for that matter." Inés opened the door.

"What's wrong, Alicia?" she asked with concern.

"I'm not feeling well, Inés," she said miserably, sitting on her bed.

"Still crying over Jade? What will you do, wash him from his grave with tears? Even if you could, it wouldn't bring him back. You should stop crying."

"Let me cry for feeling such a loss," said Alicia, turning away from her. Inés sat next to her on the bed.

"You will always feel the loss, but not the one you cry for."

"Feeling the loss reminds me of him, which is the only way I'll ever remember him."

"Well, Alicia, don't cry as much for his death as for the living villain that slaughtered him," Inés said darkly.

"What villain?" Alicia asked as if she didn't already know.

"Mikey Way."

'Villain, she says. I hope he's far away by now,' Alicia thought to herself. 'God forgive him! I do, with all my heart, and yet no one like him grieves my heart.'

"That is, because the traitor murderer lives."

"Yes," said Alicia, deciding to play along. "If I could, I would avenge Jade's death. Right here and now."

"We will have revenge for it; don't worry about that. Dry your tears. I'll send someone after him, wherever he goes. They will make his life so miserable that he will soon keep Jade company, and then I hope you will be satisfied," Inés finished.

"I will never be satisfied with Mikey. Until I see him," she caught herself and quickly added, "dead, my heart will be sad for Jade. If you could find someone to provide a poison, I would alter it until Mikey, upon drinking it, would sleep forever. My heart aches to hear his name, knowing I cannot go to him and get my revenge!" Inés placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Find the means, and I'll find the person. But now, I have good news for you, Alicia," she said with a smile.

"I need good news right now. What is it?"

"Well, you have a careful friend in Davey. In order to stop you from feeling so bad, he set up a special day for you, one that you don't expect or that I had anything to do with."

"What day is that?" Alicia asked, dreading the answer.

"Next Thursday, Tré is going to take you out on a date. He's going to be your boyfriend. He will make you very happy." Alicia abruptly stood at Inés's words.

"He will never make me happy," she said bitterly. "Why so quickly do I have to go out with him, and be his girlfriend, too? Tell Davey I won't go; and, when I do, I swear, it will be Mikey, whom you know I hate, rather than Tré. Good news indeed!" She was shouting now, and didn't care if she woke anyone else up. Inés heard heavy footsteps coming down the hallway and recognized them instantly.

"Here comes Davey, so tell him yourself. See how he takes it." Davey opened the door with Hayley close behind.

"I tried to stop him, I really did," Hayley tried to explain. Davey shut her up with a single menacing glare.

"It's raining," he said monotonously, walking over to the window. "Even the sky cries for Jade's death. Are you still crying, Alicia?" he added, seeing her red-rimmed eyes. She nodded numbly. "Did you tell her, Inés?"

"I did, but she won't have it. She thanks you. I told her she might as well be dead already."

"What do you mean?" Davey asked incredulously. "Isn't she proud? Isn't she thankful that I've done this for her? She doesn't even deserve it, and I'm letting her go with one of my most trusted friends!"

"Proud, no; but thankful, yes. I can never be proud of what I hate, but I can be thankful for hate that is intended to be love."

"What sense does that make?" Davey nearly shouted at her. "You're going, or I'll drag you there!"

"Calm down, Davey," Inés said quietly. "Are you upset?"

"Please, Davey, listen to me," Alicia pleaded, falling to her knees. "Just be patient and let me say one thing-"

She had to stop speaking because Davey had slapped her across the face.

"Don't speak, you ungrateful girl. I'll say this: go with him on Thursday, or never look me in the face again. Don't speak, don't reply, do not answer me. I used to think of her as a sister, Inés," he said to his girlfriend, who stared at him with horrified eyes. "But now I see we're only cursed to know her."

"God bless her," said Hayley, rushing to her little sister's side. "You should be ashamed of yourself, Davey, to speak to her like that."

"Why?" he asked indignantly. "Don't say anything. I don't want to hear any gossip out of you."

"I didn't say anything!" Hayley said in shock.

"You did so."

"Won't you let me say anything?" Hayley said quietly through gritted teeth.

"Quiet, you mumbling fool! Talk to someone who cares, because we don't need your words here," Davey said angrily.

"Calm down, Davey. You're getting too mad."

"Of course I'm mad! I spent a lot of time setting everything up for her, and she doesn't even care!" he shouted. He took several deep breaths before speaking again. "I advise you to follow my orders, Alicia. Or I'll forget I ever knew you." With that, he stormed out of the room. Alicia delicately touched the red mark forming on her cheek, wincing at the sting.

"Please, Inés, you have to help me. Can't you see how upset I am? Delay this for a month, a week even; or if not, send me to the place where Jade lies." Inés stood, shaking her head.

"Don't speak to me, because I will not reply. Do what you will; I'm done with you." She followed Davey out of the house.

"Hayley, what am I going to do?" Alicia wailed. "I love Mikey; I can't go out with anyone else!" Hayley pulled her into a standing position and looked directly into her dark eyes.

"Listen to me. You might as well give up on Mikey; he's as good as dead, anyway. And Tré's not a bad person."

"Do you really mean that? From your heart?" Alicia asked desolately.

"From my soul, too, or else curse them both."

"I just got an idea. I'll go talk to Matt tomorrow; I need his counseling...and some cupcakes," she added with a sad smile.

"This is wisely done," said Hayley, giving her a hug before leaving as well. Alicia closed the door and turned sharply, sinking to the floor with her back against it.

"How can I both praise and curse Mikey in the same sentence, with the same mouth?" she asked herself, burying her head in her hands. "I'll talk to Matt. He'll know what to do. If all else fails...I will kill myself." She spoke with determination, but she wasn't sure she could do it. Nevertheless, she grabbed a razor from her desk drawer, one she had used to hurt herself before. 'That was before I met Mikey,' she thought sadly. 'Before I had something to live for.' She slid it into her pocket, careful not to cut herself. She didn't need to bleed. Not yet, anyway.
Sign up to rate and review this story