Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Never in a million years

A Thousand Ways to Take the Easy Way Out

by thebroken 0 reviews

The cd's out

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2007-05-31 - Updated: 2008-08-05 - 1968 words

0Unrated
"Ebba it's time to get up!" Julia said and sat down on my bed. "Come on it will be over this afternoon."

"What time is it?" I asked with my face pressed down into my pillow.

"Seven," She said and pulled my cover off. "We need to leave NOW!"

"Yeah, I know." I sat up rubbing my eyes and then stretch them up in the air.

"Ebba, I'd like you to meet my girlfriend Beatrix," the memories of last night was all I could fix my mind on. Patrick had a girlfriend. And I had been nothing but rude to her. Why? I don't know. Was it stupid of me to think that it had been something going on between us? If it had been something why had I let it become something at all when I clearly wasn't over Frank yet! Why was I eager to throw myself into relationship after relationship? First Adam, then Frank and now Patrick!? Who am I kidding; it hadn't been something between Patrick and me. We were just friends and that is what we will continue to be. We are both made to be only friends and that is fine with me. Some alone time is what I need. To get my head straight, to make this thing work. I left my bed got dressed quickly and left the apartment for another day of shooting. Today would just be us shooting some smaller scenes to cut in between the once we already had.

It was around 4'o clock when we drove back to the apartment to be faced by Brain waiting on our couch. He was smiling and had a box on the table in front of him.

"Hey Brian." I said and walked over to him not taking my eyes of the box. Why must I be the most curious person ever?

"Look what is inside," he told me and I opened the box and screamed like a little girl. I never do that accept now. It was a like 50 cd's, our cd.

"Oh my good!" I said and took out one. The cover was just perfect just the way we had wanted it. A girlish white but still nice pattern with this glass over that was made that it looked like someone had put its fist through it and in the middle it said: The Broken - A Thousand Ways to Take the Easy Way Out. I turned it over and saw one of my old pictures I had taken at the band at our tour. I ran my fingers down the twelve song titles and open the cd case. The cd was red and had the same The Broken logo as on the front. The CD booklet was also filed with my old band pictures and the lyrics. I finally took my eyes and looked at Brain who was smiling.

"You did a good job!" Brain said. The others were still staring at their copies of the cd.

"What is next?" I asked him.

"Well the video will be realised with the single next Friday and the cd a week later. And then you're going to tour with MCR for a month and a half. And then we don't know. Probably more touring with another band. Since they are realised their cd then."

"Okay!" I said and gave Brian a hug. "You're the best manager ever!"


The night was still young and I was restless. I needed to do anything. It didn't matter what I just needed to DO something! So there I was sitting on my bed, staring out in space. Nobody was home except me. They all had their stuff to do. Jennie had said that she was going out on a walk. But I knew she was with Ryan. Just to shy to tell me the truth. I had no idea where Julia and Tove were. The feeling of being abandoned crawled over me and I pulled my cover over my head, still fully dressed and still alone. My brain was working on over time thinking about everything and nothing. "I wonder what he is doing?!" I thought to myself. "No stop, do not think of him," Frank had his way of sneaking into my mind whenever. We had been so busy these last days he hadn't crossed my mind once. But now he was here again, stuck on my brain as evil little devil. His touch, his smell, and his laugh I missed it all. Suddenly I felt my bed shaking. Followed by the sound of Ziggy Stardust by David Bowie playing from my phone. It was ringing. I fumbled a while looking for my phone and then found it in my cover. The screen read:

Pete Wentz

“Hello, Ebba speaking," I said answering the phone.

"Hey, Ebba, It's Pete," he began. "What are you up too?"

"Nothing just staring at my sealing, being bored as hell," I said honest. "What are you up too?"

"Nothing, being bored of watching Patrick making out with his girlfriend!" Pete said. "Wanna be bored together?"

"Sure!" I said.

"Can you come to our hotel? I've got packing too do, were leaving for LA tomorrow you know,"

"Yeah, sure," I said. "I'll be there in a half!" I hung up and walked into my bathroom to fix up my make-up. I strained at myself in the mirror. My red hair was just frizzy enough and I had my bangs pulled away with two black clips. I painted my lips even redder and fixed my short green laced dress. I was also wearing black leggings. I putted my feet in a pair of flat black Mary Jane shoes and hung my bag over my shoulder, looked the door and left the building. Jumping into my car driving of to Fall out's hotel room. Pete met me out front and signed a few autographs for the fans waiting outside. I loved his way of taking care of his fans like they were best friends and had known each other for ever. He was asked a lot of questions about me as I stood a couple of feet's behind him waiting from him to take the last picture with his last fan. He told them that we were just friends and they seemed to be happy with that answered.

"Sorry for keeping you waiting," he said as we took the elevator up to their penthouse hotel room.

"No problems, I was just like them a couple of month ago," I told him. "Oh that reminds me I totally must have your autograph!" he laughed.

"I must say that you have a way of always making me laugh!" Pete said and poked me in the side. All I did was smile. The elevator doors slid up and we were in the penthouse.

"Someone got the best hotel room in the entire New York," I commented and looked around taking in every little thing I saw. "This is just like in the movies," I said and began to check the place out more carefully. "I'm very nosy, just so you know!” I said and opened the closest door which lead into the living area where I found Patrick and Beatrix sitting close together watching a move on the big screen pulled down from the roof. I didn't know what movie it was. "Heey!" I said happily and they looked up at me.

"Hey! You remember Beatrix from last night right?"

"Yeah, course I do!" I waved to her and she waved back. And then closed the door and saw Pete standing a few feet away.

"Aren't they adorable!" Pete said in a fake girly voice and pretended to puke.

"O yeah! Defiantly. How long have they been together?"

"Like 5 month or so. Why you ask?"

"Just curious," I said. "What are we doing now?"

"Don't know, what ever you feel like!"

"Hm, well were in a 36 storey hotel in the penthouse with a big balcony, I'm afraid we only got one thing to do!"

"And what's that?"

"Do you know where the toilet paper is?" I asked with a glimpse in my eye.

[Gerard pov]
I hung up the phone after a very long interview with the AP talking to them about The Broken and our new cd. I found it strange that already our fans were keen on buying the broken's record since we discovered them. The few times I went online to cheek what the fans were saying I found a lot of things about them. You could hear pieces of their song that someone had recorded with his or her cell phone during the European tour. I didn't mind any of it. They weren’t like every other band. They had meaning with what they were doing and believed in themselves. Ebba's stories in her lyrics were real. I threw a look at their CD Brain had given me a week ago and turned the computer off. My apartment was quiet and empty. I could hear my neighbours above arguing and almost wished that it was me yelling. I had nobody to yell at, to kiss and to love. I looked out the window and down at the empty street. What have become of me? For better or for worse I wished to be someone else in this moment in this second. And then it disappeared and a smiled and walked over to the tv and began flicking through the channels. I settled at MTV and saw the logo FRESH appearing on the screen and then the sound of someone running and the distant sound of a song I've heard many times but couldn't remember which. And then Ebba's face was all over my TV. It was her who was running and then se bumped into this guy and they had a conversation. Ebba was clearly annoyed and began to run away. And then someone began to play the guitar and the song began.

"Fuck they got it!" I said as the video ended and picked up the phone and dialled Ebba's number.

"Gerard!" She answered happily. "How are you, must have been weeks since I heard from you!"

"I'm good! Been really busy and stuff," I said. "Listen I just saw your video on mtv and all I can say is wow. You did it Ebba! You did it!"

"Glad you liked it! It took me like forever to figure out what I wanted to do with the video. Marc was great and gave me a lot of ideas and made my wishes come through, awesome really!"

"Yeah, he is really good!"

"Yeah, so I can't wait to go on tour with you again! I'm counting down the days,"

"Really?"

"Yeah totally, this is what I've worked for! I want to go out and play my music. Recording and shit is fun but this is what music really is about!" she said sounding so happy. I'm glad she was alright again. Just like it had been before all this with her and Frank had happened and I was happy for her. She was happy; Frank was doing fine, but what about me?

"Yeah only like three days left now, right?"

"Yeah, and then were going all around the country and back!"

"Everything in just one month."

"Well it's not a complete US tour. We are like playing 20 shows in different states." she said.

"You sound so much like Brian you know that?"

"Oh, shut up! Listen Gerard I got to go. Tove is calling for me!"

"Yeah, okay, I'll se you soon!"

"Bye Gerard!" and she hung up the phone. Leaving me with the dialling tone


A/N: So it has been along time since I posted on this fic but I've been really busy. Hope you liked it!
Sign up to rate and review this story