Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Never in a million years

Only You

by thebroken 1 review

American Tour

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2007-08-22 - Updated: 2007-08-22 - 2739 words

0Unrated
It was the beginning of August. My Chem and Broken was once again on tour, along with Taking Back Sunday. Driving out of the state of New Jersey heading out on the Broken’s first American tour. The single and Album had been a hit and the video was now playing on every video channel. The radio loved it and putted it on heavy rotation as the album had climbed up to nr 16 on the billboard chart. It all seemed so surreal for four little girls from Sweden. The girls hadn’t yet gotten a major Swedish crowd but my chem fans all over the world had began to spread their music. I was doing a lot of press since the other girls hadn’t shown that much interests in it. We were still very new and fresh in the music industry. We just wanted to be a band, play our music. We didn’t want to turn into something fake and global.
I pulled my Ipod out of my bag and plugged it in with Say Anything’s song ‘Alive With Glory of Love’ playing. I checked out the bus which didn’t take long but still it was impressive. Noting like the bus in Europe where everything had been much smaller and compressed. This bus was roomy and had a cosy brownish colour. My bunk was awesome, almost as comfy as my own bed. It was only the feeling of being inside a box again that threw me off a little but it was like Frank said: “Bunks rules!” I left the bunk area and went back into the back room where we had a bed and a big TV. I lay down on the bed next to Tove and we watched the first episode on the grey’s anatomy box. Julia sleep in her bunk while, Jennie was sitting in the front speaking to Ryan on the phone. She hadn’t told us that it was Ryan but we knew it anyway.

After a few episodes I got really bored with watching Grey’s anatomy I’ve already seen ever episode like a hundred time. I pulled my side-kick up from my bag and saw that Pete had sent me a message.

Is it wrong for me to miss you?- Pete

I chuckled a little before re-texting him.

It depends in what way do you miss me?- Ebb

I sat down to Jennie in one of the comfy armchairs. She was still on the phone with Ryan and was smiling big. Her cheeks turned red when I sat down next to her.

“Okay, I’ll talk to you later. Bye!”

“What no I love you?” I joked and she looked at me.

“I only met him like 2 weeks ago!”

“Who have you met?” I teased her.

“You bloody well know it Ryan,” She said and looked out the window. I got another text from Pete:

Well it must be in a weird stalker way I guess.

Oh really?

I reposted to Pete and then looked at Jennie again.

“Yeah, I knew it was him but you never talk about him. Do you think you can get serious?”

“I think so. But it seems so wrong. I mean I’ve only known him for what two weeks? It’s too early to tell if it serious or not,”

“I get what you’re saying!” I said and felt my side-kick bussing again.

Yeah, I like taking pictures of you when you’re sleeping and them putting them up on the walls of my bunk!

Oh, well that’s totally normal. Every guy and sometimes girls I meet do the exact thing. Come up with something new wouldn’t you?!

“Do you know how much more we need to drive?” I said after re-texting Pete.

“Only 20 minutes or so,” she said and left me to go to the back of the bus. I really didn’t mind being left alone. It’s nice to have some sort of calm before the tour really kicked in with 14 shows on 20 days. First show was tonight in Washington DC. I just leaded back and read Pete’s last message.

Pete: You must excuse my lack originality. I have a writer’s block of some kind. Anyway what are you wearing! Thought I’d use a cliché!

Ebba: Oh, Pete what do you think Ashlee would say if she read that?

Pete: You see Ashlee and I have an agreement! I’ll keep my hands to myself and she doesn’t leave me.

Ebba: So what if I just happened to send that message to her?

Pete: You wouldn’t!

Ebba: I would too!

Pete: Then please don’t!

Ebba: I won’t but got to go!

Ebba left the comfy armchair and was the first person off the bus when it stopped smiling widely. Being really happy to visit the main capital for the first time.

“Hey Ebba!” Brain said from behind her stepping out of My Chem’s bus.

“Hi Brian!” she said and gave him a big hug.

“So this is your first show here, how you feeling?”

“I’m so exited. Can’t the show start now!!”

“You’ve got 4 more hours to go!” he said as they were joined by Tove, Jennie and Julia. They all headed to the dressing room chatting happily about random things.

“God! Look of the size of this thing!” Julia uttered big eyed as we entered our dressing room. “It’s true what they say everything here is much bigger!” she said pointing to the roadie that just passed outside the door and then turned around and sat down on the black leather couch. Tove joined her and Jennie looked around the room trying to find a place to leave her bag she was carrying. She walked over to the big table and dumped it there and pulled up her buzzing side-kick out of her pocket and answered it.

“Anyone wanna check out the stage with me?” I asked but they just shock their heads. “Alright then!” I said and walked away from the room and out of the building. I saw the big back of a stage a few hundred meters away, and walked over to it. Seeing many roadies setting up the stage and things. I walked up on the huge stage. Feeling the nerves working on over time as I saw the big empty audient area. It could easily fit 15 to 20 thousands fans. I saw in a distance the kids lining up behind the big metal bars. I couldn’t help myself to take a tone.

“Woaah,” I sang out loud. Smiling to myself thinking I was alone but I wasn’t.

“Woooooaaah!” I heard someone sing behind me and turned around to se Adam Lazzara. I began to laugh a little and he looked at me funny. “Do you always react like that when you meet new people?”

“No, just when it’s you,” I said and walked over to him. “I’m Ebba, singer and guitarist of the Broken.”

“Hey Ebba, nice to meet you! I’m…”

“Adam I know. I really love your band,”

“Oh, in that case you wanna meet the rest of the band?”

“I’d love to!” I said and followed him as he left the stage.

“So you’re a fan of the band?”

“Yeah, totally you are fucking amazing!” I said and pulled my bangs behind my ear.

“Well thank you!” Adam said and smiled. “So are you! You know I was really happy when I learned that we were touring with you.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, I heard your band on the radio and just loved it, the punk-rock and still keeping that awesome girl attitude. It’s not often you hear that. And beside its fun to tour with girls for a change instead of the old smelly ego typed rock dudes we have to put up with,” he said and smiled at her. “Especially dudes like Gerard Arthur Way!” he said with a higher voice when he saw Gerard standing a few meters away with a smoke in his hand.

“Talking about yourself again, Adam. Cause you know no-one smells worse than you!”

“Ignore him he has a soft spot about that. Anyway you smell good so I’m sure we’ll get along well!”

“Sounds good to me!” I said as we entered the building aging and walked down the hall towards their dressing room which looked exactly like ours. Big, roomy and comfy. I stood there in the door opening very awkward as Adam just walked in and pinched himself down in the already crowded sofa. The only one in TBS who had seen me was Fred who looked up from reading a magazine while sitting on the table. He turned his head a little and itched his cheek a little before turning his face down towards the magazine again.

“Ebb, don’t just stand there! Enter the room!” Adam said and wanted me to come over and sit down in his lap which I did. I rested my arm on Adams shoulder.

“So getting close already aren’t we. We have known each other for what like 10 minutes!”

“Really? It seems like a life time to me!” Adam joked and smiled. “Hey everyone! Meet Ebba!”

“Hey Ebba, I’m Matt!” Matt said with his flirty eyes. He was sitting next to Adam on his right side.

“Yeah, I know!” I said and smiled towards him and looked around. Eddie was sitting on the other side talking on the phone. He waved and continued to talk. Fred continued to read his magazine after saying hello. I couldn’t see their drummer Mark anywhere.

“So Ebba! Welcome to the big USA!”

“Well thank you. I really like it here! Never been this far away from home before.”

“Okay, and you are from Sweden right?”

“Yeah, that’s true. You know a lot ‘bout me?”

“No that’s it.”

“Oh, well maybe I’ll tell you more some other time!”

“Eeeey!” Adam said trying to regain my attention again.

“Yes, Adam?”

“Ehm, nothing,” he smiled innocent.

“Well anyway it was nice meeting you all. But I need to return to my dressing room,”

“Sure, I’ll watch when you play later!” Matt said and smiled as I stood up and walked out the room continuing down the hall and into our dressing room. Which was just the same as I left it. Jennie were still talking on the phone, Tove reading a magazine and Julia were holding her drums sticks warming up her fingers. Maybe it was time to start doing my own vocal warm-ups.

“When is sound check?” I asked Tove.

“In 15 minutes!” she said and I decided to do my vocal warm-ups. This meant I would pick up my ipod and sing along to what ever song it played.


We got off the stage and into the dressing room. Sound check had gone smooth and we were all pretty surprised to find Brian in our dressing room standing net to a very smiling cute blond girl.

“Hey Brian!” We all said and looked at the blond surprised. Not very polite of us but we weren’t used to meet other girls on tour than us.

“Girls!” Brian said happily. “I want you to meet Eliza Cuts. You’re hair-and-make-up dresser for the tour. She used to work for My Chem.”

“You mean we can’t keep her?” Julia said.

“But she is so pretty!” I continued.

“Yeah, Brian! We want too keep her!” Tove chimed in.

“Ignore them. They are not mental!” Brian said. “I would stick to Jennie if I were you. At least she doesn’t bite!” he said looking seriously at me. Eliza laughed a little but stopped by the look of serious in his eyes.

“Don’t think too much about what Brain said!” I smiled and took her arms leading her into the room. “He is just… Anyway, I’m Ebba! This is Tove, Jennie and Julia!” I pointed them out for her and helped her seat up the make-up table. We began to talk about random things as she did my make-up and fixed my hair. Then she continued with the rest as I started part two of my pre show ritual.

…”I chime in haven’t you people ever heard of closing a god damn door!”…

...”I’ll be just fine pretending I’m not. I’m far from lonely and it’s all that I’ve got!”…

I kept humming as I wrote the set list. Made sure it got to the stage and then we all walked to the stage.

“Come on girls!” I said as we gathered in our normal before group. It was usually on Swedish and so it was today. “Let’s show them that we are first up doesn’t mean that we are the worst of tonight. Now we are gonna show MCR and TBS that we can rock as hard as them! Even more!”

“Yeah! We can do this!” Jennie said and we all did this typical soccer warm up and began to beat the shit out of our muscles and ending with a last scream before taking our instrument! I began to finger over my guitar. Gave the girls a last smile and we walked on to the stage being blown away but the proportion of the crowd. Screaming so high it almost blew our eardrums out. The scratchy intro we had walked out was replaced the sound of our instrument. And I was blown away when the crowd began to sing my words that I lost it. It was the first time the kids sang along. I quickly got it together and continued the verse and the rest of the ‘Don’t write me a stupid love song’

“You are totally awesome!” I yelled toward the crowd! “If you didn’t all ready know you are our first and best American crowd! But I must say I think you can do better! C’mon scream for me!” And so they did it even louder! “Thanks for blowing out my ear drums!!” And I heard laughter. “Well so since this is our first time here I must start with a little introduction of the band! In the back on her totally new drums set we have Julia Gilmore!” Another cheer from the crowd and Julia threw her drum sticks to the crowd. “Yeah, I love her too! And to my right here we have the incredibly shy Jennie Lundgren on bass!” more cheers. “Yeah, she is amazing I know. And to my right meet Tove Vätterstand on guitar!” Cheers. “And at last. We got one last person before we continue with the show we got me Ebba Larsson! And you are in for an incredible show to night with us The Broken… Taking Back Sunday… And My Chemical Romance!” And with the show continued with ‘All because of you.’


We ended the encore and walked of the stage high on the music, the crowd, life! Everything, it seemed to be so unreal and amazing! When every inch of you’re body is bubbling and it’s like you can fly. It’s like a drug, it really is, I’ve never tried it but I imagine that it would be something like that. But I had no desire what so ever to try it. I accepted a towel and gave a last scream of joy before whipping my face and greeting TBS as they were up next. Just a quick change of instrument and then they were on. I sat down on an empty equipment box with a bottle of water.

“Great show!” Matt said and approached me smiling really big. “Gonna be though matching that but we are up to the challenge!”

“Sure you are!” I said still out of my breath.

“Yeah, totally! Me and my bass are totally gonna rock your world!”

“Give it the best you got!” I said with my regained breath and emptied my bottle of water.

“Hey, Matt! Stop flirting we’ve got a show to do!” he smiled again before leaving me. Sharing last words before they took the stage and I saw my first Taking Back Sunday show. Followed by another My Chem show it was a night to remember!
Sign up to rate and review this story