Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > A Series Of Events

Beautiful Lie

by xharlequingirl 1 review

[Short Andy Story] It's hard to live a beautiful lie. It never ends well.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2007-06-03 - Updated: 2007-06-03 - 902 words - Complete

0Unrated
Coming into the apartment after a long tour Andy had just wanted to lie down in his own bed and hold his girlfriend close. He shut the door to the apartment and looked around noticing things were missing. He looked around some more for Annabelle. Going into the bedroom, he noticed more things missing. This couldn't be. She wouldn't have just left him. He opened the closet and the only things that remained were his clothes. He walked over to the dresser and picked up the note that was addressed to him. He flipped it open and read those two words. 'I'm sorry.' He shook his head, he remembered how all this had started.

Going into the bedroom he opened the closet door and placed his bag inside. He cocked an eyebrow curiously as he saw an open suitcase in the back of the closet with clothes thrown inside of it. Lying on top of all of the clothes was an opened letter. He picked it up and looked at the addresses. It was from Annabelle's parents and it was for her. He picked it up and looked at it. He skimmed the letter a little bit and all that stood out at him were the words 'please come home'. He and Annabelle had been living together almost six months at that point. And because of the age difference between the two, he was 26 and she was only 19, her parents greatly disagreed. But, they had gone ahead and did it anyway. She was after all legal.

Andy had began to panic when the suitcase had been somewhat packed. Deciding the only way to find out what was really going on was to confront her about it. He took a deep breath and walked into the living room.

"What's with the suitcase full of clothes?" He asked as he threw the letter onto the coffee table in front of her. "What's wrong, Annabelle?"

Annabelle looked up. Her eyes meeting his for the first time since he had come home. "Nothing's wrong and everything's okay." She stood up to reassure him. "Old clothes that I don't need anymore. Good will. I just didn't have a garbage bag at the time." She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him gently.

"Good. Because you know you'd break me if you ever say goodbye." He whispered against her lips.

"Don't worry, Andy. I'm never going to walk away, I'd never leave you lonely." She smiled and pressed her lips against his once again.

After that Andy had thought everything would be okay. He was home for two weeks and things were going well, or so he thought.

One night he was laying in bed watching TV, Annabelle was laying next to him reading a book. She always had her nose buried in a book, it was one of the things he found most attractive about her. Looking over at the dressed, her furrowed his brow, looking at the empty frame. "Annabelle, where is the picture of us from Disneyland?" He asked, looking at her.

"Oh." Annabelle popped up. "I had taken pictures to be developed and I wanted to change it and put a new one in, so I took the other one out and put it away. But, then I never got to the CVS. I'll get them tomorrow." She nodded.

"Oh, okay." Andy nodded, satisfied with that answer. It made sense, that picture was kind of dated and they had both taken newer and better ones.



That had been the last night he had been home before he left for the last tour. They were going to do six weeks in the US and then six weeks overseas. So, he had been gone for a total of 12 weeks, or three months. He had spoken to her, or tried to speak with her at least once a day. He didn't understand how this could have happened.

He knew however that he should have seen this coming. All the hints were there. Everything made sense now that it had actually happened. The letter, the pictures, the clothes which she never did take to good will even though he had bought garbage bags and reminded her to do so. It also explained why the last few times when he called the apartment she hadn't answered. He always had to call her cell phone.

He walked back out to the living room and crashed on the couch. She said she would always be there. She said she would never leave him lonely. She had said she would never walk away. Everything would be alright, nothing was wrong.

He guessed that deep down he knew all along that it was a lie, a beautiful lie. They were both living a beautiful lie of comfort. A lie that neither of them wanted to leave. It was what they had known for so long. Annabelle had just got tired of living a lie. Their beautiful lie had turned into something she didn't want to be apart of. In the end her parents were right and the age difference made a big deal. He was too mature for his own good, and her not mature enough. He sighed and put the note down on the table. So much for a beautiful lie. There was no such thing.

"Good bye, Annabelle." He whispered, leaning back on the couch and closing his eyes.
Sign up to rate and review this story