Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I've Got the Gift of One Liners

Starbucks, why are you so delicious?

by rejected_smurf_god 1 review

Ray saves Nadia from a Starbucks and they spend the day together

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor, Romance - Characters: Ray Toro - Published: 2007-06-04 - Updated: 2007-06-05 - 1079 words

0Unrated
The scent of fresh coffee was strong in the air of the nearly empty Starbucks. Only a few people sat at the tables enjoying their beverages. Kelly came up to the counter with a caramel frappachino handing it to a smiling brunette who gave her a thank you and a crisp five dollar bill. As soon as the girl walked away she dropped her smile groaning.

"Damn, I'm bored."

"Tell me about it." I sighed bending over laying across the counter. Today business was slow since it was Sunday. I'd rather be at home in bed but if I expect to keep us fed we must keep our jobs. Sarah was off teaching lessons so she couldn't come pick me up early.

"So you doing anything today." Kelly asked gesturing me to lift myself from the counter as she gave it a wipe down to occupy herself.

"No, how about you?" I asked leaning up against the wall.

"I gotta date with this guy." She said blushing lightly. I did notice she had this I'm-on-cloud-nine look on her face a lot today.

"Oooooh and who is the lucky man?" I asked raising an eyebrow with a smirk.

"His name's Adam and he's really hot."

"Like a blazing fire?" I asked jokingly. She laughed.

"If you put it that way, yes." I giggled making her blush turning a darker shade of red.

"You must really like this guy if he's got you all giggly like this."

"I do. He's really great." She smiled most likely thinking about Adam. That was great she found a guy but then that just reminded me of how I don't have a boyfriend. I'm 23 and I'm still single. How much does that suck?

The bell on the door rang telling us someone had come inside. Putting on the best smile I could muster I looked up being surprised by who I saw. It was Ray Toro. That's when I recalled last night with embarrassment.

"Hey Nadia." He said smiling at me.

"Sup."

"You're a lot different sober." I blushed a dark red. If only I didn't have that shot race with Miranda.

"Well, I'm even better sober." I replied making him blush.

"Really?"

"Hey, are you busy cause I really need to blow this popsicle stand." Ray laughed.

"Don't you mean coffee stand."

"Well, it doesn't sound as cool as popsicle stand."

"That is true. Give me a coffee in exchange for a trip outta here?"

"You got it!" I exclaimed quickly making the coffee handing it to him. Scribbling down a note for Kelly I grabbed my purse and headed out the Starbucks with Ray. I'm sure Kelly wouldn't mind since I once let her bring this guy in the back to make out with. So she owed me.

"So what are you doing around here?" I asked slipping my hands down in my hoodie pockets.

"Just craving some coffee since it's like crack for me."

"I don't see why people like it so much. I think it's icky like Sarah does." Ray looked at me with disbelief.

"How can you not like coffee?!"

"It's too bitter."

"That's what sugar's for." She smiled punching me in the arm.

"Well I have to put a lot of sugar where it's too much for it to not be so bitter." Ray took a big gulp of his coffee savoring the warmth of it going down his throat.

"I think it's fucking awesome." He said holding it up as if he were going to give a toast.

"So...what is life like being a rock star?" I asked looking up into his brown eyes.

"Well, it's doing what you love with your friends. It can kinda suck when the subject of personal hygiene comes in but it's pretty good."

"Hm."

"What is the story behind you Nadia?" He asked turning around walking backwards a few steps.

"Right now I'm studying to be a psychologist." I told him.

"That sounds like a cool job."

"It can be but you gotta have the emotional toughness to make it but I think I could handle it."

"So you'll be like Oprah but prettier." I immediately looked down hiding the dark blush that crossed my face. Ray Toro, guitarist in My Chemical Romance had just called me pretty.

"I guess you could say that." I replied tucking a piece of hair behind my ear. Soon we found ourselves in the local park. Everything seemed peaceful. The ground was littered with the fallen autumn leaves. Bare trees stood tall and abundant everywhere, some still having leaves that refused to fall.

"It's so nice out today." Ray whispered spotting a nearby bench which we went to sit on.

"I know. Its way better out here than it is at that Starbucks." Ray all of a sudden got up from the bench but I only stood wondering what he was doing.

"Close your eyes for a sec." He told me grinning.

"I'm afraid to." I said unsure if I should or not.

"I'm not gonna rape ya." I laughed closing my eyes sitting back down. All of a sudden I felt small things drop on me. I yelped leaping up from where I sat to see they were only leaves. Ray laughed. Picking up a big pile I held them in my hands smirking.

"I am soooo getting you back." Ray took off trying not to get hit with the leaves but I was too quick for him. He picked up a pile returning fire at me. There were tons of little leaves stuck in his fro but I'm sure some were stuck in mine.

"You're getting leaves in my hair Nadia!" Ray screeched as I threw more leaves at him.

"You're getting leaves in mine too!" I retorted back proceeding to throw more at him, but before I could he tackled me down to the ground. The both of us were laughing hard. My stomach all ready felt like I had done a thousand crunches, but it was something I hadn't felt in a long time.

"My stomach hurts like shit." Ray rolled over onto his back looking up at the sky.

"Mine too. Hey," I said pointing up to the sky, "what do you think that cloud looks like?" I asked. He bit his lip squinting his eyes in thought.

"A little choo choo train." I giggled.

"You're such a dork."

"But I'm a cool dork."

"Whatever makes you happy Mr. Toro."
Sign up to rate and review this story