Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Empty house not heart

Massacred hearts and memories

by The_best_cliche 10 reviews

Time is just a man-made measurement. Time changes everything. What you are always affects who you are. Sometimes you lose the most important things because of them. Short Patrick Story.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-06-08 - Updated: 2007-06-09 - 1352 words

5Insightful
Sitting in the corner of their backstage dressing room, Patrick put on the music in an effort to warm up. He had went right to the song he had used almost everyday during the Friends or Enemies tour. 'So sick of love songs, so tired of tears.. so done with wishing you were still here.' the words came out of his mouth as he stopped himself mid chorus realizing what he was singing. The words made more of an impact than they had a month ago. It was no longer a song he liked because of the musical composition, if anything he was starting to loathe the words. Clearing his throat he tried to avoid the looks that had come his way after the words escaped his lips.

Unfortunately he had to tell his band mates that he and Michele were no longer together. He hadn't gone into detail because he didn't want to sit there and explain what had happened. If the words physically came out of his mouth then it would actually be more real than he was allowing himself to believe. Patrick accepted that they were over, but he didn't want to constantly be reminded that he was alone. The guys understood his need to separate himself from them. He had to deal with it by himself and they were going to respect that and let Patrick have his time. They all had long relationships and knew how hard it was to manage both. One always seemed to take priority in your life even if you didn't mean it to.

His mind kind of drifted as he looked around the room. This place held so many memories. It had been the point where Patrick understood that his band was actually going somewhere. Yes, it is now considered a small venue but four years ago it was what they all strived to be at. The only stage they wished to play on.



"Can you calm down?" Michele laughed as she found him pacing in the corner of the room. Every time she had walked away to go do something she would come back and find him somewhere else.

Exhaling deeply he looked at her "I can't. Everyone is going to be out there. My parents, Kevin, friends, people who hated me."

"And me" her arms wrapped around him as she just looked at him in the eyes. It was one of the places he instantly got lost in. A small smile played on the corner of her lightly glossed lips like she was amused or just simply content at the moment. "I'll be out there too babe"

"I know.."Patrick melted."but.. you're you." he kind of chuckled "you've seen me perform before and you don't laugh or tell me how much I suck.." his eyes lowered for a moment. Their was a lot of anxiety consuming him.

"Patrick.. you don't suck!"

Shaking his head, Patrick moved into her, his hands holding her hips as he pulled her more towards the corner. "Any band from Chicago only strives to be the headliner at The Metro."he started off explaining to her. " Tonight.." pausing again "My band is doing that. This is it Michele. All we've worked for. More than I have ever even dreamed of I am accomplishing tonight. And like, I don't even deserve it. This band sucks live. We're just four geeky dudes who like love music."

Michele shook her head in compete shock and disagreement with him. There was so much in this amazing man that he always neglected to see or believe. It wasn't that he was pessimistic, he just never could value himself or ever understand how amazing she knew he was. "and the music you love to make, people love to listen to. Patrick it's freezing outside and there are 800 people out there excited to watch your band perform. You deserve to play here, and you know what? " she questioned as she pushed some of his hair out of his eyes " There is so much more you have yet to accomplish. Fall Out Boy is going to do bigger and better venues then The Metro.. I believe in you Patrick, I believe in your band. Those people are going to love you, and soon so will America and then the world. Don't keep your expectations here" she demonstrated "There is so many bigger things you can dream of and do."

He shuffled his feet and shrugged his shoulders unsure if he was willing to believe her. Those words were because they were together and she wanted to make him feel better. Patrick could only wish her words would come true but it was always unlikely. "I just don't want to look bad on the stage tonight that's 800 people!. I want to make my family proud. I want to show all the people who thought I was a loser, that I'm not" Patrick sighed. "I'm just nervous."

"And there is no reason to be." Michele held him. "You are amazing." Kissing his lips lightly as her fingers played with the hair that just fell on his neck. "I'm going to be on that balcony watching you. So if you get nervous, you just play for me. I'm the only one in the room. Just me and you. Okay? Just look for me smiling down at you"

He nodded agreeing as he smiled and kissed her again "okay"

"Good. Now come on Rock star..." Michele laughed grabbing his hand and led him to the tattered couch in the room pulling him down. "let me get rid of your nerves..." she smirked as she leaned over him and pressed her lips into his.




Patrick smiled at the memory. She had believed in him so much and always knew what to tell him to make him feel okay. That was always one of the most amazing things about their relationship. The way she understood him better than anyone and how she always made the worst situations seem okay.

That was in 2003 when they managed to headline The Metro for the first time with 504 Plan and Much the Same. It was one of the most amazing shows Patrick had a great memory of. It may have been because he only played to one person that night. The most beautiful woman standing on the balcony watching him intently. The brightest smile on her face as she sang along with him. Patrick could even remember seeing the shine in her eyes.

Immediately the memory drifted away as their tour manager, Dan (aka Korean Tom Cruise) reminded them it was about five minutes to show time. He sighed as the cruel reality came back to him. Playing The Metro now, years later was a small venue compared to what they have filled. Everything Michele had said that night came true. They were a band that America and the world loved. Eight hundred people were eagerly awaiting Fall Out Boy to play but the only person he wanted to play to wouldn't be there. Their would be no beautiful woman that held his heart standing on the balcony smiling down at him letting him know it was all okay. Michele wouldn't be there. This would be the worst show he ever had to perform. His love was gone, and his heart was slaughtered. It definitely was a Valentine's Day Massacre.










So how many times do I have to apologize until all of you forgive me? I'm SORRRY! I love you all. I really really do. I am not sure why it took me so long to update. But, I am deeply sorry. Thank you all soo much for your continued support with this story. Even through my own absence. It means soo much to me. I really do hope you enjoy this story and if you read it you will review. It means the world to me but allows me to understand what you like. Regardless, thank you for being such amazing readers. It is just amazing to see that someone enjoys reading one of my stories. Thank you all soo much =)
Sign up to rate and review this story