Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Senses Fail

Wish You Were Here

by horsie890 0 reviews

Mikey

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst, Drama - Characters: Other - Published: 2007-06-15 - Updated: 2007-06-16 - 468 words

0Unrated
The trip was a short one, only around five minutes. I waited until the door opened for me, and Alicia placed her hand on my shoulder. I took it gratefully and laced our fingers, letting her lead me. We followed Ray down a series of pathways, eventually stopping at the twin headstones.

I knelt before one and traced the letters with one finger. It was Gerard's. It wasn't elaborate or fancy in any way; neither was Frank's. Just two simple graves for two people, two friends. Two of my closest friends who just couldn't stand the pain.

"They caught the guy who poisoned us," Ray said quietly. "He went to jail."

"That's good," I responded. 'Gerard and Frank would be happy if they knew,' I thought to myself. I heard footsteps lead away, and the sound of a car door opening and closing. The person returned a few seconds later, and an uncomfortable silence filled the air.

The sounds of a guitar broke into my thoughts. It was Ray, playing a song all of us knew very well. I hadn't heard it in years. Every time I heard it, it made me feel like crying, especially since that band's story was so heartbreaking. Not unlike our own story, in fact. Ray began to sing along, and even though I knew every word, it still brought tears to my eyes.

"So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil? Do you think you can tell?"

I wanted to sing along as well, so I joined him.

"And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts? Hot ashes for trees? Hot air for a cool breeze? Cold comfort for change? And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?"

He continued to play for a while, strumming the chords with ease. I could tell he had played it many times before, and spent a lot of time perfecting it.

"How I wish, how I wish you were here. We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year. Running over the same old ground. What have we found? The same old fears. Wish you were here."

I was crying steadily now. Alicia was, too. I felt so overwhelmed. I had let everything get to me, let it all tear me apart. I had ignored her almost completely for so long. I didn't know how much I needed her.

The song ended, Ray letting the last few chords echo in the silence. A breeze began to blow, as if it were carrying the song to Heaven itself. I smiled. Gerard and Frank would love it.
Sign up to rate and review this story