Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Black Parade

The Sharpest Lives

by PansyxLero 0 reviews

Falling for the unfalling, feeling the unfelt

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst, Fantasy, Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-06-18 - Updated: 2007-06-19 - 1736 words

0Unrated
Twiggy ended up walking towards Gerard's as fast as her petite legs would carry her. She wondered what had just happened; was it really real? Maybe, the stress and everything was getting to her. Maybe, she just hallucinated.

Either way, she knew she probably needed to talk to someone; she was just afraid they may find her to be insane, crazy or nuts. Twiggy chuckled lightly at the thought, before she found herself stopping. She had no clue where Gerard lived; how was she supposed to find him?

She looked around, completely confused as to where she was. She was in a part of town she wasn't used to, and it was dark. She inwardly yelled at herself for being so stupid. If the vampires weren't real; then her getting attacked probably would be. Heck, she didn't even know which way to go to get home. She was a sitting duck; all she could do... was wait.

The vampires, what Frank had said- it all circled around in her head, confusing her; making her want to scream. There had to be a catch; there always was, but she... didn't know what it could have been. Granted, not dying would have been like not living; but she could have dealt with that- it was a small price to pay for not being in so much pain.

Above her, the street light flickered slightly- before staying on, and casting an Orange glow around her. She looked behind her, just to make sure she was safe and found no one. Twiggy then turned in front of her, and squinted. She could vaguely make out the outline of a person; but who would possibly be out this late? Other than rapists, killers and drunks that is.

Fear caught into her throat, and she took a step back as the figure came close to her. She felt her breath stop, and everything go cold- until he stepped into the glow of the street light and stared at her. "Twiggy?"

"Oh god," she sighed, before lunging at him; melting straight against his body. "Gerard, I thought you were some kind of... maniac or something!"

Gerard laughed slightly, before looking down at her. "What are you doing out here, anyway?"

Twiggy was hesitant to reply. She wasn't even sure it was real; she was tired, and she may of just fallen asleep while in the cemetery and dreamt everything up. "I... I..." she began, searching her thoughts for a way to explain everything. "I was out for a walk; and then... I didn't want to be alone," she began slowly, making sure everything sounded plausible. "I went looking for you; but realised I didn't know where you lived. So, I found myself here, and I have no idea where here is."

The funny thing was; she wasn't actually lying. She just missed out the part about the vampires and the cemetery; Gerard didn't need to know that now. Gerard laughed again, smiling and pushing a bit of Twiggy's fringe behind her ear. "Would you like to crash on my couch? I mean," Gerard paused. "I don't have a spare room, and well you don't know how to get home right? And, even if you did- I don't want you walking home in the da-"

Twiggy laughed, cutting Gerard off. "Okay. Thanks."

He gave her a smile, before grabbing her hand tightly and pulling her along the streets. It seemed forever, what with the cold, the dark and the lack of sound in the air, before they reached a small apartment building.

Gerard fumbled around with his key's, giving Twiggy time to take in everything. There was at least five different floors from what she could make out, and the outside was painted a dirty cream colour. The windows were small, and there was no balcony's. She could make out a small fire escape, running down the side of the building; although it looked as though it may collapse had anyone tried to walk on it. "I'm sorry it's nothing special," Gerard laughed, opening the front door.

Twiggy took note of the pair of elevators, and the stairs in front of here. Obviously, there were no ground floor rooms, and one of the elevators was out of order. There was a man, standing in front of the second, pushing the call button repeatedly; it obviously wasn't coming, but that didn't stop him from trying. "That elevator's never worked," Gerard spoke just loud enough for him to hear. That still did not stop his trying.

Twiggy laughed slightly at the mans stubbornness, and followed Gerard as he began to walk up the stairs. There was about three or four separate apartments on each floor; but a few of them were abandoned. She could tell, because the door's were left open and horrid smells often drifted out of them. A few of them were probably home to squatters; she would never of placed Gerard in a place like it. He seemed far too good, and yet; it may have been that fact that made him fit straight in with his surroundings.

Gerard stopped at a white door on the fourth floor, he didn't take out any more keys; instead he just pushed it open. "Most of the homeless people don't go further than the third floor," he laughed, walking in and closing the door behind him. "And the only other person who lives on this floor, is Mrs. Regent and her cat across the hall. There's a few students who live above me; but I rarely see them."

Gerard's apartment was more out of place than Gerard was with the whole building. Outside was gritty, and Twiggy could never even see herself staying there; but inside his apartment, was clean and fresh.

The living area and kitchen were joined together, and painted a deep blue colour. The cabinets were white and had various items placed on them. There was a table by the window, with a few sketch pads and a few different drawing utensils scattered around on it.

There was a door to the side, leading into a small bathroom; and opposite that was another door. It obviously led to Gerard's room. She had expected to find it littered with trash; but to her surprise, it was rather clean. There were a few things scattered around; bits of paper, magazines, but that was mainly it. "You have a nice apartment," Twiggy smiled. "My house is just huge... and empty."

Gerard gave her a sympathetic smile, while pulling out two pillows from under the couch. "It's nothing special. I had it ever since...- would you like something to drink?"

Twiggy raised an eyebrow at his subject change, and wanted to know right away what he was hiding from her; but then again, how could she expect him to trust her- when she was hiding things from him. "No. It's okay, thank you anyway."

"No problem," he smiled, disappearing into his room.

She glanced around the apartment again, taking in everything. The whole thing was out of place, but even so, something about it made it fit in with the rest of the building; as though being out of place was it's speciality subject. "Here."

Twiggy jumped slightly, having not heard Gerard exit his room; and turned to see him holding up a blanket. "It gets pretty warm in here," he explained, as she put the blanket down on the sofa, and sat down on it. "The heating has always been screwed around; to be honest, I think the whole apartment block has just been forgotten; if someone wants the elevator or heating fixed, no one ever turns up."

"Why don't you leave?" Twiggy asked, looking up at him.

"I don't know," he mused, sitting beside her. She could see his brain searching for the answer; as though he had never thought about it himself. "I guess, something just keeps me here."

There was a silence that sat between them. They both knew they were keeping something from the other; and they both knew the other was keeping something from them. "Gerard," Twiggy spoke softly, looking into his eyes. "If I tell you something; you have to promise me... that you wont call me insane."

He would of laughed in the situation; but he knew he had to be serious. Gerard nodded, playing with his fingers, as the wind blew in from the open window, causing a pencil to roll across the table and drop onto the floor. "I was at the cemetery again," she began slowly, as though the information was made up and it had never happened. "I didn't plan on leaving; at least not until the morning, I needed some advice- so I went to ask my mother." There was a small pause, and Gerard kept his attention on her. "Some people approached me with an offer."

"People?" Gerard asked. "What kind of offer?"

"It's hard to explain," Twiggy sighed, trying to find the right words. "They called themselves the black parade; and... I think they were vampires." She expected laughter to follow; but instead, she found herself facing a tense silence. The air had grown thick, and Gerard's gaze on her had grown more intense. Somehow, she knew he believed her. "The one who called himself the leader, Frank. He said... he could take away everything... how I feel..." her voice grew quieter with each word, and she found herself staring at the floor. "In exchange I take his immortality."

She sat quietly, waiting for Gerard's reply. She had expected laughter, she had even expected him to phone the cops to report an insane woman; but instead, he wrapped an arm around her. Twiggy's stomach lurched inside, and she found her feelings beginning a war inside her again. "You're not considering it, are you?"

Twiggy gave him a questioning glance. "I mean you need your feelings; and... I can help you through this. I know I can, I want to." Twiggy could place a desperateness into Gerard's voice, and he could feel one inside of him. If she got rid of how she felt, he may never of had a chance with her. He had given up on love before, but something... something about her made him believe it was real. If she threw everything away; he had nothing to hold onto. "And besides, we're wrong to think immortality never means dying."
Sign up to rate and review this story