Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Black Parade

Welcome To The Black Parade

by PansyxLero 0 reviews

Welcoming the unwelcoming, unfeeling the once felt

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst, Fantasy, Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-06-18 - Updated: 2007-06-19 - 1767 words

0Unrated
Two day's passed since Twiggy's encounter with the Black Parade, she had been hiding out in Gerard's apartment. That didn't seem to be able to help her think though; it only made her more aware of one thing. The fact that she was falling hard, and fast for Gerard.

Gerard, was in the same situation. While he had accepted how he felt, it didn't stop the fact that he did not want the feelings. Love to him was nothing special; and yet, here he was falling in love with one of the most beautiful woman he had ever laid eyes on. And yet, he could not explain why. It was as though cupid had taken a hold of him, and pushed the pair of them together.

And the pair, were aware how the other felt, and yet neither of them had told the other. It became apparent the other returned the feelings, just by the look in their eyes; or the blush line that appeared on the others cheeks when they were caught staring. Twiggy noted how when she caught Gerard, he usually looked away and at his feet; while Gerard had picked upon how Twiggy would blush furiously and stare at her hands- she would often fiddle with them when nervous.

They never spoke of the vampires though; Gerard wanted to. He wanted to say everything to stop her from going to them; but somehow, he knew she would. No matter what he said. Twiggy, was more confused than ever; the war inside of her beginning to turn into a hell. She wished neither side ever said anything to her, she wished maybe she was free to make her own choice. But she was not.

If she chose one choice, the other half of her would convince her it was wrong. And vice versa. Twiggy by now was positive that there was only one way to finish this, put an end to the confusion. She was sure, however that it wasn't the right choice. But, it's never that way is it? The choice you want to make, is never the right one.

She knew as well as anyone that she should have returned home the previous day; but she couldn't bare to leave Gerard. She knew that maybe in a few days she would feel nothing for him, and maybe their brief friendship would come to an end.

That should have been enough to make the right decision, and it should have been enough to make her act on how she felt; but it wasn't. When someone was in as much pain as her; getting rid of it is the only thing you can think of.

"I should probably head back home..." Twiggy spoke up, breaking the silence that sat between her and Gerard.

Gerard snapped his head up to look at her, and watched her carefully. He knew it would happen sooner or later; she would head home, and make her choice. Cast away her feelings for what? Immortality? It was a joke. It still didn't mean he couldn't try and keep her there longer. "You can stay here as long as you want. I like the company."

If it were possible, Twiggy felt her heart shatter. She knew what he was trying to do; trying to keep her there. "I can't," she began, her voice quiet. "I... I'm sorry, Gee."

Gerard's anger snapped, and he threw down his book onto the table in front of him. "I don't get you!" Twiggy flinched at his voice, but knew maybe she deserved it. "You can stay here! I can help you; heck if you wanted to, we could get away from here. And yet... you're going to throw everything away!"

"When you have nothing, throwing everything away is the best choice," she spoke softly, staring down at the coffee mug she held in her hands.

"But you don't have nothing," Gerard sighed, pulling his chair out and sitting down. "You have me."

Gerard was feeling his heart rip in two with every word spoken; they were fighting and it was killing him. Especially when he knew that by tomorrow, there wouldn't be any point in feeling anything for her. She would not be able to feel anything back. Sighing, Twiggy stood up and walked over the couch she had been sleeping on.

"Gee, can we not fight. Please?"

"I'm sorry," he whispered, looking outside into New Jersey. The sun was shining and it was at least two in the afternoon. It was a beautiful warm day; and he couldn't help but be sour. How could it be so happy outside, when he was loosing the person he was in love with. It occurred to him, that if he did nothing he would regret it. He just didn't know what to do.

Outside a siren rang through the air, it was the only sound that could be heard. The TV was switched off, and there was no drippy taps in the apartment. The birds outside had been silenced since they could remember. But even though there was only one source of noise; both Twiggy and Gerard were sure that if everything had been able to make a noise, everything would have been laughing at them.

Their stupid hopeless situation; no one was going to win. She knew if she went through with it; she would feel an emptiness, and she and Gerard would probably never speak again. Gerard knew, that if he didn't do something he would probably lose the chance to love someone again. Drastic, maybe. But that's what he felt. "Gee," Twiggy sighed, watching as he walked over to her.

Gerard was at least a head taller than her, and his frame was a lot bigger than hers. He often felt he would crush her, if he held her in his arms; but he never did. He was always so gentle with her. "I'm sorry," she added, looking up at him.

Gerard, however, said nothing- he just stared at her. It seemed he was almost begging her to stay with him, and she knew he was. She went to speak again; but was cut off as he pushed his lips against hers. She was shocked to begin with; there was no doubt about it, but then she let herself rest against him.

She tasted like honey to him; she was sweet and soft, and the more he tried to stop himself the more he found himself wanting her more, and more. He rested his hands on her hips, before lowering one to the bottom of her shirt; causing Twiggy to snap out of her trance and pull away from him. "Gerard, I'm sorry," she sighed. Gerard went to apologise for pushing things too far, but was stopped just as she was, with her lips against his.

The kiss was short and sweet, and he wanted more as she removed herself from his arms and picked up her jacket. "I'm sorry, Gee. Things are better off this way."

Gerard watched her retreating form, and felt his insides crumple into a ball and huddle themselves away. "So long and goodnight."



Twiggy felt her eyes water up as she lent against the wall outside of Gerard's apartment. It was probably one of the hardest things she had, had to do. She knew there was time to second guess everything; she knew there was time to turn around and run back in, and into his arms.

But she kept her feet going one in front of the other, away from Gerard. If anything, doing it hurt just as much as how she was already feeling. She knew however, that it wouldn't hurt for much longer. And by the same time the day after, she would be beginning a new life.

It was just beginning to get dark as she entered the cemetery, it was just how she had planned it. She would be able to speak with her mother and father before she did anything; even though she knew their words would remain silent; and that even if she had been able to hear them, they would not of affected her choice in the matter.

"So you came."

Twiggy turned, shocked at the voice; and raised her eyebrows. "Isn't it a little bit early for you guys to be out?"

"Not really," Frank laughed, looking up. "Early sunsets don't affect us. I quite like them myself."

Twiggy bit her lip, thinking her choice through again. She had no idea what the point was, she wasn't going to change it. She had her mind made up. "So... how does this work?" she sighed, looking at them.

Frank's face lightened in joy at her words. "Kind of like being turned into a vampire," he began. "Only, you wouldn't have fangs, and you wouldn't need blood to live and all that kind of lame stuff."

Twiggy began to speak, but she stopped when she knew her voice was about to fail her. Nodding, she watched as Frank broke into another grin; but he did nothing. "Well?"

"Well what?" she asked confused. "I thought vampires bit people?"

The lot of them burst into a fit of laughter. "That's so uncivil, and actually kind of gross," Ray answered, his face twisting slightly. "It's done by a blood exchange."

"Like a blood bond?" Twiggy asked, earning a nod from Frank.

Sighing she held up her hand, and took the knife Mikey had been holding out to her. She didn't much enjoy the sight of blood, but it had to be done. Clenching her eyes, and turning away, she brought the blade down to her hand; whimpering as a sharp pain went through it.

She could her Franks slight laughter, before she felt his hand on hers. "Welcome to the black parade."

A strange feeling overcame her, and she snapped around to stare at Frank and demand what was happening; but he and the others were nowhere to be seen.

Twiggy had her hand held out in front of her, and to begin with she thought it had just been a dream; but she noted the small scar left on the palm of her hand. Gerard flashed into her thoughts, and she felt nothing but an emptiness. It had worked.

Only, she hadn't expected it to feel as empty inside of her as she did. At once she knew she had made a mistake, and she did the only thing she knew how to do. She ran towards an answer, rather than finding it out for herself. She just hoped Gerard would knew what to do.
Sign up to rate and review this story