Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Black Parade

I Don't Love You

by PansyxLero 0 reviews

Breaking the unbroken, Loving the unloving

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst, Fantasy, Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-06-18 - Updated: 2007-06-19 - 1073 words

0Unrated
Gerard sat in his apartment silently. He was at the table by the window, staring out of the glass. He could still taste Twiggy on his lips from yesterday, and he no longer knew what to do; or how to feel. She was most probably on the first flight away from Jersey, she'd be out of his life forever.

But he loved her.

And as selfish as it was, he wished she'd never met the Vampires. He knew he could have helped her, but she wasn't willing to let him. There was no doubt she had fallen for him; he could taste it.

He knew she loved him; at least she used to.

A part of him hoped that maybe she hadn't gone through with it, but he knew it was a stupid hope. If she hadn't, she would have come back; unless something bad had happened. But then again he knew she was just fine. Because he was fine.

Gerard didn't exactly know what to do. He was confused, and alone; all he could do was wish somehow he could go back and change things. Even if he had told her he loved her the previous day; just so he could hear it back at least once.

His apartment was cold and quiet. It had been like that since Twiggy had left the day before, the window was shut tight, and the heating was on; though he wasn't sure it was working. He found himself thinking why he was even still there in the first place. The area was full of crime, and he couldn't get any kind of job. There was nothing keeping him around; he had no reason to stay, but he still did.

Sighing, Gerard stood up from the table and closed the curtains off from the world; casting a dark shadow into the apartment. He wasn't in the mood to see the sun laughing at him; all he wanted was for her to turn up at his door, telling him she had made a mistake.

He walked over to the fridge, deciding a coffee would be good; he had been up all night. He hadn't liked the quietness of the apartment. He never had much in his apartment, and it seemed he had even less than usual.

Gerard wasn't fond of black coffee, and he would never drink it; he always had milk. Only, it seemed his luck was out, as he lifted up the milk carton to find it empty. He growled and slammed the door, before grabbing his keys off the counter and walking out the door.

Gerard was about to begin his walk down the stairs and into the street, but there was a huddled up figure beside his door. He wondered how long Twiggy had been there, she was asleep but he had never heard anyone at the door.

Giving a small smile, he sighed picking her up; and walked back into the apartment. He'd have to settle for black coffee; even though he hated it. To him, Twiggy seemed even lighter than before. Maybe it was all her problems, they had vanished from her and made her lighter.

He chuckled at the thought, and set her down onto the sofa. He took note of the fact she had changed clothes, obviously she had gone home after meeting with the vampires. It had been raining the previous night, and it showed on her. Her hair was wet in places, and her shirt was slightly damp.

"Gerard...?"

Leaping to his feet, he ended up sitting beside her; all ears as to what happened. He noted how empty her eyes were, as though she had lost a part of her. "Sugar, how do you feel?"

Twiggy gave him a painful smile, and stared at her hands. Gerard noted the scar on one of them; but didn't say anything. "I don't know. I don't feel anything."

"You could have said no," he hissed, before sighing.

"And what, Gerard?" She asked with a frown. "I couldn't deal with the pain; I couldn't wait for it to sort it's self out!"

"It would have gotten easier," he sighed, wrapping an arm around her; pulling her closer.

He felt a mix of rage and sadness at her. He loved her, and she had loved him; was that not enough for her? Somewhere inside of him, he felt a small spark of home; and before he knew it, his words were coming out of his mouth before he could stop them.

"Twiggy," he started, looking at her and moving a bit of her hair out of her eyes. "I know you probably don't want to hear this; and I know, you probably don't care now... even though I know you did." He let out a small pause, while she kept her attention on him. "I love you."

Twiggy watched him carefully, her eyes going back and forth. She had expected he would say something along those lines, but she didn't get why hearing him say them made her feel as hollow as a cardboard box. "I'm sorry, Gee," she sighed, looking away from him. "I don't love you... like I did yesterday."

Standing up, she kept her eyes away from his form and rushed out of the door. She had gone for advice, but she knew she wouldn't be able to get it. She rubbed her eyes, not fully understanding why they were lined with tears. How could someone be close to crying, and yet not feeling anything?

Somehow she knew she had made a mistake. Across the hall from her, she noted a small tabby cat rubbing it's self up against a door; and she heard laughter from above her. Yet she heard nothing from inside Gerard's apartment. She picked up on the fact, that he probably hadn't moved.

The beating inside of her was needless, she couldn't feel and she would never die. Therefore she wasn't really alive, her heart beating was unneeded. She wondered how long it would take before she became sick and tired of it. She wondered how long it would take before Gerard would ever forgive her.

Twiggy let out one last sigh, and mumbled an apology to Gerard although he wouldn't have heard it, and began her descent down the stairs. She hadn't been outside in public since, and she wasn't sure how it would turn out. If only she could turn back time.
Sign up to rate and review this story