Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Black Parade

House Of Wolves

by PansyxLero 0 reviews

Dealing With the devil, dealing with hell

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst, Fantasy, Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-06-18 - Updated: 2007-06-19 - 1214 words

0Unrated
The streets were quiet and desolate, there were no cars- no drunks, no people rushing to work. Even Gerard's apartment block was quiet; to Twiggy, it seemed almost derelict. She didn't really know what it was, just everything around her seemed non-existent and far away. As though it had never been there. As though it never would be there.

She knew she had made a mistake, it was rather apparent with the fact she was not crying. She knew she should have collapsed in a heap on the floor, with tears streaming from her eyes. But, she did not. Instead she carried on walking.

What she had said, had been the truth though. She no longer loved Gerard- she no longer loved anything. At least, not the way she had done before. She guessed she could have told him she still cared about him; she loved him, just to stop his own heart from shattering. But what use is a lie, when all it does is hurt more in the process? Of course, Twiggy would probably never hurt again.

Sirens blared in the distance, bringing Jersey back into it's nature, and people began to reappear- going about their daily lives. Twiggy just stood in the middle and watched them all. Some people mutter incoherent things to her, while pushing past- others ignored her completely and just carried on walking.

It was strange, how something small could change things so much. Watching the children while they played in a nearby park only made her more uncomfortable than before; she may of cracked a smile the previous day. Now she just watched them with a stoic look on her face. This was not how it was supposed to be; and she knew it.



Gerard remained sitting at the table, nursing a now cold mug of coffee between his hands. His eyes were puffy, and slightly blood shot. If anyone asked, which he doubt as though they would, he would have told them he had a long night. Not the fact that, his first friend in years- female too, had sold her feelings for... something as worthless as immortality. What was life- just some joke nowadays? Well, if it was, he wasn't laughing.

He didn't have anything to do, he never did. His daily routine was simple, he would wake in the morning- followed by a shower. After that, he would go down to the coffee store with his sketch book. Sometimes he spent all day there- others, he went for walks. His days were as simple as a white room, nothing hidden. No doors, no windows. No patch of another colour to change things. It was just white, he knew it wasn't going to change anytime soon. Not now, anyway.

Sighing, due to the fact his coffee had lost all it's warmth, and was now undrinkable, Gerard rose from the chair and grabbed his jacket from the back of the sofa. There was no heating, but even so it was still colder than usual. It was probably understandable though.

Once outside of the apartment block, he took a look up to the open window of his apartment and frowned. "Bloody house of the devil," he muttered, lighting a cigarette and putting it in his mouth. "Bloody house of wolves."



Twiggy stood in front of her old house, a frown placed on her rosy lips. Her feelings had disappeared, she couldn't even remember how broken- and empty she had felt returning there previous times. She knew she had felt it- she just couldn't feel it again. It, was like losing your key's; even when you knew you had put them on the coffee table- yet they disappeared and they weren't showing up any time soon. You knew they were there, you just didn't know where exactly.

Twiggy pulled out the key from her back pocket, and stuck it in the lock before walking inside. She found herself greeted with nothing, nothing but silence. Even so though, even the silence had seemed to left. She could hear the old tap in the kitchen dripping slightly, and the creak of the house as it shifted on it's supports in the wind.

The floorboards groaned under her feet, as she took a descent upstairs. Before she had left the house, she had been packing various items. She wasn't leaving- although that may have been an idea, but she just needed some things put away. Her parents room had been the biggest in the house- and she planned on moving in there. Her room would become a second guest room; though she doubted that one, or the dusty old room in the corner of the floor would ever be used again.

It shocked her how easy it was to pack up her parents things and stick them in a box. She knew she should be upset, she knew it should have been harder- and taken longer, but the fact was, it didn't. She wondered if everything would be that simple- that painless, that... That spineless and cowardly.

Twiggy collapsed on her parents bed, and held her face in her hands for a few moments. It occurred to her that Gerard had been mad at her, she was taking the cowards way out- she was just giving up. She knew her mother, and her father would both be disappointed in her; but then again, she didn't know how to cope with anything. Even with Gerard's help, it just seemed to get worse.

"Damn fuck it," she hissed, standing up and kicking one of the boxes in a fit of anger- only the anger was only present in her mind. She knew there she should have been fuming, but that wasn't how she felt. "Gerard hates me now," she sighed, sitting back on the bed. "The one good thing to happen to me lately, and I fucked it up. Just because I couldn't handle anything, I'm a fucking failure."

If it had helped, she would have screamed- but she knew it would do no good. It would only end up frustrating her further. The sun was shining in through the window, and the sounds of the children playing- and the birds singing carried through also.

She walked over to the window, and leant on the sill watching the children. Her house was fairly alone, with one house opposite, and another a few miles up the road. The children belonged to the people opposite her, they were often outside on the sunny days. You could hear the young girls screams, as her brothers tormented her- picking up bugs and sticking them in her face, pulling faces- or just not including her in certain things. Twiggy often felt sorry for the girl, being surrounded by boys all the time could not have been fun, and sometimes the girls from the house up the road would stop by- just to push her in the mud or call her a rotten name. However, nothing was felt anymore. There was a void, and then nothing.

Twiggy stood back and slid the window down with some force, she was unsure how the glass stayed in but she didn't care very much. "Bloody house of hell," she spat, staring at the box she had earlier kicked. "Bloody house of wolves."
Sign up to rate and review this story