Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Romance Is Dead

Chapter Twelve

by rainydaykid13 1 review

Loose lips sink ships

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-06-19 - Updated: 2007-06-19 - 498 words - Complete

1Insightful
Kendall stood at the sink next to Patrick, paper towel in hand.

"You missed a spot," she said.

Her father simply shot her a look with "Don't even go there" written all over it.

"Alright, alright fine, when your only daughter dies of amoebic dysentery it'll be your fault," Kendall shrugged as Addie walked into the room, wrapping her arms around Patrick's waist and rested her head on his shoulder.

"Hey, baby," Patrick smiled, wiping another dish,"I haven't seen you all day."

"She must have been /busy/," Kendall smirked as Addie's eyes grew wide,"Or maybe she was just /sleeping/."

"Um... nope! Just up in our room working on an article for work is all!" Adeline said shakily.

"Are you sure?" Kendall shot back, testing Addie's very limits,"It was awful quiet up there, and it's not like you to sit up there and work all /alone/."

"Kendall, quit hassling her, she's probably just stressed out and trying to meet her deadline," Patrick reprimanded her.

"Ok," Kendall smiled as her father looked away to clean off another dish.

"You had better watch yourself," she mouthed while Patrick's back was turned.

Addie simply smirked and kissed Patrick's forehead and walked out of the room.

---

"Kendall! Open up!" Addie pounded relentlessly on Kendall's door late that night.

"What?!" Kendall sneered as she flung open the door, rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

"So that's what you sleep in?" gesturing to Kendall's rolled over pajama pants - which were probably a pair of Patrick's older ones - and white t-shirt.

"Well my push-up and g-string are in the wash," she said, her voice laced with sarcasm, "I know you didn't come here to give me fashion advice. What do you want?"

"You said you wouldn't tell," Addie said, not missing a beat.

"And I haven't. Good night," Kendall started to slam the door.

Adeline stopped it with her foot,"You're dropping hints."

"So what?"

"Stop."

"Why should I?"

"Your uncle couldn't have said it better," Addie smirked devilishly,"Loose lips sink ships, Kendall Stump, and don't you forget it."

"Oh don't give me that."

"You and I both know what your dad did last time something like this happened."

"If you knew you wouldn't have gone and done the same thing."

"And if you loved your daddy you wouldn't tell him."

Kendall gaped at Addie, she knew she was wrong, Kendall adored her father and she would do anything for him.

She just didn't want to see him hurt.

But at the same time she didn't want to keep such an awful secret, especially from him.

"You wouldn't want Patrick locked in his room for days, not even coming out to eat or see his family just because of something you told him."

"Addie I don't know..."

"You love your dad, don't you?"

Kendall nodded her head vigorously.

"Then don't say a word."

Kendall still looked reluctant.

"Loose lips sink ships, Kendall."

And with that, Addie closed the door.
Sign up to rate and review this story