Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > When Every Star Falls

08: Running away and hiding with you

by horuskitty 0 reviews

...I never thought they'd get me here...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Fantasy, Horror, Humor - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Warnings: [?] [V] - Published: 2007-06-19 - Updated: 2007-06-19 - 2165 words

0Unrated
After hours later of hearing constant screaming from what sounded like people being tortured, the group's sanity was just about shot. Gerard couldn't do much of anything since he was practically chained to the ground, and the others were pretty much in the same place. The group had their share of torture also, which wasn't pretty. They weren't in a prison, the place tortured them and other people, apparently. Every now and then Gerard would feel the shackles on his wrists grow hot, therefore burning him. He would also get the crack of a bullwhip as well. And...of course the others got their share of a burning sensation too.

"Is this a fucking slaughter house or something?!? This screaming is driving me CRAZY!" Frank shouted, covering his ears.

"Would they burn you in a slaughter house?!!" Maria shouted back.

"How the hell should I know?!" Frank replied.

Everyone was severely ill again.

"We've gotta get out of here before we get fucking killed..." Gerard moaned, crawling on the floor. "Jesus..." He breathed.

"I think I know that already." Maria said, looking about the room. "Gerard? I know this is a stupid question; but are you okay? Can you hold out a little longer enough for me to try and find a way out?" She asked.

"I can try." He groaned, looking at his own blood stained on the floor.

"HEY!!! What about me/!?!? I'm being /tortured here too, y'know!" Frank shot at her. She just smiled.

"Calm down, Frankie. I'll get us out, do you trust me?" She asked him. Silence came for a few seconds. Until she could feel him let out a small smile.

"Yeah. I can wait." He said, normally.

Maria then nodded and decided to wait until they came back for her turn to be burned. It wasn't any longer than 30 minutes when they came to get her. She hid in a corner by the door as she heard them unlock her cell door, when the first person came in, she acted quickly.

"Um...what is she doing?" Frank asked Ray.

"I can't hear anything." Ray replied.

"That's 'cause there isn't any more noise..." He said, as it got silent real fast.

"What's going on?!" Gerard shouted to Frank. Before he could get a reply, he heard keys jingling and Maria was trying to unlock everyone's cell. But just his bad luck, he began to feel the shackles grow hot again.

"MARIA!!!!" He shouted.

"I'm coming!!!" She had managed to get Mikey out but had to run to Gerard quickly before he began to get burned again. It was a little too late.

"God, it burns/!" He cried, trying to at least /pull on the chains. When he tried that, he burned his hands in the proccess. He knew it wasn't helping. Finally Maria managed to get the door open and began searching for the key to his shackles.

"Get them OFF!!" He cried.

"Hang on!" Maria whined, finally finding the key and unlocking them, he let out a cry of pain and then rolled around on the floor for a few minutes. "Here, watch your brother, I'm going to get the others out." Maria said.

"Gerard, you okay?!" Mikey kneeled down to his brother. Gerard just looked at him. "Sorry...standard question..." He chuckled nervously.

"I'll manage." Gerard moaned, rubbing his wrists and his palms softly. Maria then came back with Frank and Ray. Still no sign of Bob or Alexia. Mikey helped Gerard up and he brushed his knees off.

"Is everything alright for now?" Maria asked and received nods and mumbles of "Yeah." from everyone.

"Still can't find Bob or Alexia?" Frank asked.

"No idea where they're at. But we'd better start looking for them before the guards come looking for /us/." Maria said and they nodded in agreement and set off to find the others.


They managed to run through enough hallways and up and down stairs, that looked like they were deteriorating. No one could tell if the place was actually falling apart, or if that was just for...'decoration'. On their way down another set of stairs, they managed to come across two cells that they heard two people talking in. The building was disgusting...the walls looked like they were slowly deteriorating, and the lights in the halls gave off an eerie yellow and brown mixed glow. When they came across the two cells, they were pretty certain that it was Bob and Alexia.

"Where are we?! What kind of place is this; it's madness!!" Sounded like a girl.

"Whatever it is we have to get out of here and look for the others. Otherwise this place might be our grave." Came from a man.

The group stopped in their tracks and Maria let out a smile. "I think that's them." She said, pulling out the ring full of keys. She unlocked the first door which she believed Bob was in and opened it. "¡Hola!" She smiled.

"Holy shit, where'd you come from!?" Bob laughed jumping up to give her a hug.

"I'm saving our asses, where's mi hermana?" She asked.

"The next door. You guys okay? Haven't seen you for hours." Bob said, patting Gerard's back.

"AAahh..." Gerard groaned loudly, "No touching the back...sorry, man. I'm...okay for now..." Gerard chuckled slightly and then got cut off and rubbed his back.

"Sorry, man. Alexia and I haven't been doing so great either." Bob said folding his arms.

"What happened to you guys?" Frank asked.

"Burnings and bullwhips." Bob said, glancing at him and rubbing his back.

"Same here." Gerard said, raising his hand, but keeping his head hanging.

"AAH! ¡¡¡GRACIAS TANTO!!!!" They heard Alexia scream as she tackled Maria to the ground. "I CAN BREATHE!" She squealed, only to inhale some of the smoke from around the halls and began coughing. "Okay...maybe I can't..." She choked.

"Um, glad you're okay, hermana, but could you please get off me?!" Maria said.

"Oh, sorry! Gerard, Mikey, Frank, Ray! You're all okay!" Alexia squealed, running and hugging each of them. "Hey...you still haven't found Raven?" She asked. Everyone glanced at each other and shook their heads. The smile fell from Alexia's face and she just looked at the floor. "Oh..." She folded her arms.

"We don't even know if she's even here." Ray said.

"Uh...guys?" They all turned to find Maria peeking in through a peephole to another cell at the end of the hall.

"Hey, how'd you get down there?!" Frank said as they all went to her.

"I think I've found her...Move!" Maria said as she searched through the keys, while the others crowded around the peephole and looked inside to find Eileen laying on the floor, in a patient's gown, curled into a ball. "Ah-hah!" Maria cheered as she found the key to work as she opened the door and Gerard was the first to get in.

"Raven!!" Gerard spoke and ran up to her and tried to roll her over.

"No..." She mumbled.

"Eileen, it's us. Are you okay; they didn't torture you did they?" Gerard asked, hoping she hadn't encountered the pain that the others did. Eileen didn't answer. "Eileen?" Gerard spoked again.

"...No...I'm fine..." She lied.

"Eileen, roll over, it's okay; we're here now." Maria said, rubbing Eileen's shoulder.

"No..." She said again.

"Eileen..." Maria said irritably.

"No, wait, this is no time to get after her for being stubborn. We have to get out of here now before we get caught." Frank said.

"You're right, come on Eileen, it's time to go!" Maria said. Eileen didn't move. She was trembling and was breathing nervously.

"Hey, can you guys give me a minute? I can get her to move." Gerard said as the others nodded. The others gathered just outside the doorway and watched, knowing they shouldn't but most (Frank, more or less) was curious of course. They knew to keep their mouthes shut though.

"Raven...roll over, would ya?" Gerard said, putting his hand on her shoulder. "What is it that you don't want us to see so bad?" He asked. No answer.

"...Nothing..." She said. She lied again. She was terrified out of her mind.

"Then why don't you roll over and look at me then?" He said. "I'm not gonna hurt you, you know... so don't be scared."

Eileen took a minute before deciding to roll over onto her back. She finally did so, but had her eyes shut.

"Uh, Eileen? Open your eyes." He said.

"...I can't..." She said, quietly.

"Yes you can. It's /me/, okay? Whatever you think I'm going to be afraid of won't work on me right now." He said.

"...You'll freak..." She said, her voice breaking up.

"Oh, don't start crying, come on. I'm not gonna freak out. Just open them already, would you?" He said, once again.

Finally Eileen just gave up, knowing she didn't have a choice. She finally opened her eyes, only to see a stunned, yet blank look on Gerard's face once he saw them. They weren't that bright navy color anymore, they were a very bright blue, they almost looked white. Gerard knew better than to say anything to hurt her feelings, but what he wanted to say stayed in his mind, what he wanted to tell, was the truth, came right out.

"And what's wrong with your eyes?" He said, frowning.

"...They're hideous...I look so inhuman now..." Eileen spoke covering her eyes, her voice still breaking up as she began to roll back over but only to have Gerard grab her and keep her from rolling any further.

"You don't look inhuman to me/...your eyes are still beautiful..." He said, finding his voice becoming soft. "Where the hell did that come from?!" Gerard screamed in his mind. He wanted to speak the truth to her, but not /that truth. That should've been kept a secret until he just blurted it out. "And they're still watching...god-damn it!!!" He screamed in his mind again, figuring that Frank was smirking his head off by now.
Gerard just looked at Eileen and saw a soft smile come across her face.

"You really think my eyes are beautiful?" Eileen asked, blinking.

"Yeah." Gerard chuckled. "Now come on, lets go."

"I can't..." Eileen said, regretfully.

"What?" Gerard turned back and looked at her.

"If they find out I'm gone then they'll come for us, they'll try to kill us." Eileen said, sitting up. "You guys have to go without me."

"Eileen..." Gerard thought. "You always think of other people. You never cared for yourself, you think you're just a bulletproof vest for everyone else..." He knew he wouldn't listen to her this time about leaving her behind. "No, you're coming with us or we're not leaving at all." He said.

"They'll kill not just me, but you guys too! I don't care what they do to /me/." Eileen said.

"Maybe I do." Gerard looked at her.

"I'm going to die anyway once they come back for me, I just want you guys out and alive!" Eileen knew she was giving her life for a rock band and two of her home friends. She never cared about herself, she would risk her life for others and not care if she died in the process. But she didn't care. That's what she wanted, that's what she would give for her friends to live.

Gerard knew how she was, but wasn't going to tolerate it anymore. "Over /my dead body/. Now, come on!" Gerard pulled her up and they ran from the cell, as soon as Eileen passed through the doorway, an alarm was set off.

"The hell?!" Ray said.

"Well it took them long enough to set off the damn alarm!" Frank snorted.

Gerard turned to Eileen as soon as they were out in the hallway. "I TOLD YOU!!!!" Eileen screamed. "Let me stay and you can go!" She said.

Gerard took hold of her chin and turned it to his face. "I'm not leaving you behind." He said in a tone that Eileen knew was serious.

"Gerard.../please/..." Eileen's voice began to break up again, until Maria grabbed her sleeve and began pulling.

"Not to interrupt but we have company..." She pointed down the hall and they saw three or four guards running towards them.

"RUN, BITCHES!!!!!" Frank shouted.

"Come on, let's get outta here!" Gerard said, grabbing Eileen's wrist as she kept up her pace with them.

"Everyone split up and lose them!" Maria shouted. She got a few "Oh, fuck you!" from a couple of the group members, knowing they didn't want to split up; but they didn't really have a choice. Sure enough, they all went in pairs into four different directions. What was strange enough, they all headed for elevators. Some were going up, some were going down. Though Gerard, Eileen and Maria knew that an elevator wasn't the place to be in an environment and situation like this.
Sign up to rate and review this story