Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > When Every Star Falls

09: Dead!

by horuskitty 1 review

Have you heard the news that you're DEAD?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Fantasy, Horror, Humor - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Warnings: [?] [V] - Published: 2007-06-19 - Updated: 2007-06-19 - 2343 words

0Unrated
"Okay...this was a very bad idea..."

"Well, hey, you're the one who dragged me in here with you."

"We didn't really have much choice anyway."

"Okay, so why are you complaining?"

"I...don't know...I just don't like it..."

Eileen and Gerard had ran into an elevator, once Gerard kept slamming his finger onto the ground floor button, the elevator began to move.

"Gerard...you're going to break the damn button..." Eileen said, pulling his arm away.

"Sorry..." He said, folding his arms and shivered. "...Is it cold in here or what?"

"Yeah. I'm getting a bit cold myself." Eileen said, folding her arms. Soon she felt Gerard put his arm around her shoulders. She looked at him a bit hesitantly, but just smiled.

"Why did you run away?" He asked. Eileen just looked at him for a minute before answering.

She could've sworn she felt something smack her in the stomach. "...I--"

Eileen immediately stopped talking when they felt the elevator come to a stop, it's abrupt halt shook the elevator and made them fall to the floor. Gerard struggled and got to his knees and examined the top of the elevator, while Eileen kept herself face down on the floor, panting and afraid to move.

"...What was that?" Eileen said in a whisper, her voice was shaky and full of fear.

"It stopped..." Gerard said, helping Eileen to her feet. There was silence for a moment, all that could be heard was the nervous and paranoid breathing of Eileen and Gerard and the creaking of the elevator in the background.

"...Okay...I want off this thing...now." Eileen said, her voice becoming more uncontrollable with each insane minute passing.

Gerard shook his head and pushed a few buttons, Eileen soon saw sweat drip from Gerard's cheek and the tip of his nose. "I can't help it. The controls aren't working and--"

After that, the lights went out. Another minute of silence and heavy breathing as well as the eerie creaking noises.

"...I WANT OFF NOW!!!!!!" Eileen screamed, going at the buttons. Even though her attempt was useless.

"Eileen! Calm down!" Gerard shouted and pulled her away.

Silence came one last time, until they heard a loud clicking noise. They immediately stopped what they were doing as she slowly turned her head to face Gerard before replying in another shaky whisper. "What's that noise?" Eileen said, as they both looked up.

"That better not be what I think it is..." Gerard said.

Eileen then knew what was happening, she let out gasp and put her hand on the back of Gerard's head, urging him to get to the floor. "Someone's cocking a gun! Get down!" Eileen screamed as they hit the metal floor, creating a loud bang. Gunfire burst out, and they felt one of the cables snap.

Eileen panicked as soon as she felt the elevator jerking down each time they heard a bullet fly past the outside of the elevator. "Oh, God! We're gonna die!" Eileen screamed, covering her head.

"We're not gonna die!" Gerard yelled at her, putting an arm around her shoulders. They felt another cable snap, and the elevator began to move again...until finally, all the cords snapped, and down they went. Only this time it was faster than they wanted.

Eileen let out a loud scream as she dug her nails into Gerard's arm. "We're falling! Hit the emergency break!" Eileen shouted, throwing her hand up to the button, knowing it wouldn't work at this point, but it was worth a shot.

Gerard soon felt they were getting close to the floor. Very, very close. He looked at Eileen and saw that her eyes were wide and stained with tears as he soon began to feel a wave of his own coming in. "RAVEN!!!" Gerard screamed as he grabbed Eileen and pulled her into his arms. In seconds their sight went black with only the crashing sound of the elevator echoing through the halls.


Meanwhile...


"What do we do now?!?" Frank shouted.

"I say we grab one of the guard's guns and defend ourselves!" Maria said, punching her fist into the open one.

"Are you planning on killing anyone?" Frank asked, raising an eyebrow and folding his arms and leaning against the metal wall of the elevator.

"I'll kill anyone who hurts my precious Raven." Maria puffed, placing her hands on her hips again and sticking her chin high. "That girl is like a diamond to me, so you boys already know..." She grinned.

"/Boys/??? What are you, our /mother/?" Frank made a face.

"No, but I keep you boneheads from doing stupid things don't I?" She asked.

Frank didn't reply.

"Oh, lighten up, Frankie-boy. You guys are old enough to know right from wrong, stupid from smart, what is what. I just take care of my girl, is all." Maria smiled at him. She had such a beautiful smile. Frank couldn't help but slightly grin back.

"How can I lighten up when we're being chased by people who are trying to kill us inside of a prison that we didn't even know was here?" Frank said as he scratched the back of his neck.

"You're supposed to look at the good things/. We're not /dead yet are we?" She exclaimed, ruffling his hair and keeping a smile on her face.

"That's the problem," Frank snorted. "There's a 'yet' in there."

"Oh, dios. We'll be fine, Frank." Maria, lightly punched his shoulder. The doors to the elevator opened, they realized that they were on the ground floor.

"Watch my back." Maria whispered. Frank nodded in agreement as they walked out carefully, sneaking around corners. The bottom floor was worse than the one up top. The place was dyed with a disgusting merge of the colors yellow, brown, orange and red. It was smothered in smoke, like the one they were previously in. It looked like a hallway from hell.

"Oh, man......" Frank choked. "This place is worse than stepping into a crack-house..." He said, covering his nose.

"I'm used to the smell, just about everyone in my family smokes. Except for my mother, my brother and my sister." Maria rolled her eyes at the thought. "Oh!" Maria exclaimed in a whisper, jumping back behind a corner.

"What is it?" Frank asked, looking over her shoulder.

There was a group of guards investigating what looked like a elevator that crashed. Maria could hear them talking while Frank kept look out behind her.

"Are they dead?"

"Check and make sure."

"Nah, they're dead alright."

"Right, we need to find the others, we're through here. Let's go guys."


Maria waited until they were all cramped into the elevator and the doors shut.

"What was all that about?" Frank asked.

"I don't know. But just to be sure..." Maria got up and snuck over to the crashed elevator, with Frank following behind. The doors looked as if they were burst open, the inside, she couldn't see on account of the lights being out.

"Is there anyone in there?" Frank asked, peering inside.

"I don't know. I can't see, we need a light source." Maria said, looking about.

"Maria! I hear footsteps!" Frank exclaimed in a whisper, heading for the elevator.

"I do too, stay put! I'll be right back." Maria said as she snuck back over to the corner and ran around. Frank heard shouting, and fighting. He leaned over a bit to try and look around the corner without moving, until silence came again.

"Maria?" Frank said aloud, trying to hide the tone of urgency in his voice. "Come on, stop pissing with me, say something." He said, as he began to walk towards the corner.

"What? Did you think they killed me?!" Maria shouted from around the corner. "I'm not a pussy!" She said, annoyed, as she came running around the corner. No, she was prancing like a little girl, she had a devious grin on her face as she raised an arm and waved a pistol in the air and a small flashlight in the other. "Look what I've got!!!" She giggled.

"Oh my God/..." Frank said as if he couldn't believe it. "Remind me to mark Eileen off of my 'Crazy-ass-motherfucker' list and put /you on the top." He said. Maria just laughed.

"Right, now who's in here?" Maria began to aim the flashlight inside the elevator, she got a small image of who was inside, and she let out a very silent "Oh my God..." in such a tiny whisper, not even Frank could hear her. But she immediately put it away when she began to hear more footsteps, this time, they sounding like they were running. "Frank, come on, we need to hide for a minute then we'll come back." Maria said in a worried tone, her voice sounded almost as if it was breaking up. She only barely saw who was in there, but she knew what she saw.

Gerard's POV

Footsteps? I think that was Maria and Frank...

I could barely move my body. My eyes slowly blinked open and I could hear myself breathing again.

Am I alive?

For a second, it didn't feel like it. I tried to move, but I felt someone was lying on top of me. My face was pressed against the cold metal floor of the elevator, as I slowly pushed myself up, I heard a loud thump, I turned my head and saw.../her/.

Oh, God...

My eyes grew heavy just seeing her long, crow-black hair fall onto her face as she hit the floor. I could've sworn I felt someone just shove a sharp object into my throat, and I choked on the image of just seeing her near white skin glowing in the light from the hallway.

We hit the bottom floor?

I looked around, and saw we had gotten to where we wanted. But I felt alone. I turned back to Eileen's body and brushed away her damp hair and saw a small trail of blood running down her mouth. It was frightening, seeing how white her skin was and how light the blood stood out on her skin.

"Eileen?" I spoke in an exhausted whisper. No response. I felt my strength coming back slowly, as I moved my right arm and placed my palm on her head, brushing her hair with my fingers. "Eileen?" I said again, seeing sweat drip from my face. She still didn't move, I could barely hear her breathing, her chest was barely moving. I didn't know if she was alive, dead, or /dying/. I tried once more. "Angel? Answer me, damn you..." I said in a whisper, my voice breaking up. She finally began to move her head and tried to attempt to open her eyes.

"Gerard..." She whispered weakly.

"Thank God..." I said, laughing lightly and kissing her forehead.

"I'm okay..." She said slowly. "...I promise..." She smiled softly as her eyes finally opened.

"I was waiting to see your eyes..." I laughed gently.

"...Are we alive?" She asked, looking straight into my eyes.

"...I think so." I smiled. Eileen smiled back, and I could finally see what she had been hiding. Her fangs. They were longer than I'd expected, full white teeth that were sharper than a knife. She really is a vampire. "We need to get out of here." I said again. Eileen began to shake her head but I shook mine back. "No. I'm getting you out of here one way or another, Raven." I said. She just looked at me, knowing she was going to say something else but instead she just smiled.

In that second I heard more footsteps coming around and dropped my head to the ground. "Play dead, otherwise we will be." She nodded and closed her eyes. It scared me then, because she officially looked dead. I heard a few guards come inside and examine both myself and Eileen. One of them tapped my leg with a gun to make sure I was dead, then another went and did the same to Eileen's foot.

"They're dead, let's move on." One of them said.

"Wait a minute, this one's a vampire. Make sure she's really dead." Another one said.

Oh, God...what're they going to do to her?

My eyes were barely open as I saw one of them kneel down to Eileen and he began to run his hand up her thigh. It ticked me off, I didn't know why but I could feel my blood begin to boil. I felt Eileen become nervous, she began to tremble.

Don't move, don't breathe, don't speak, don't do anything. Please don't move!

I screamed in my mind. Eileen stayed put, /Good girl/. I thought.

"Yeah, she's dead. 'Cause she would've cut my head off by now." The guy laughed nervously. They began to walk out and head for the elevator. As soon as I heard the elevator's doors close, I carefully tried to lift myself up, without stumbling of course.

Normal POV

As soon as Gerard was able to get to his knees, he heard footsteps running towards them. "Goddamn it..." He thought, until he heard one of them scream.

"Gerard!!!!!!!" He knew that was Maria.

"Angel, you okay?" Gerard asked, as he held his hand out and Eileen placed her hand in his.

"I'm...fine...I can hold out." She smiled as he helped her up.

In a split second, Maria burst through the destroyed doors and hugged Gerard tightly and did the same to Eileen as Frank followed behind her.

"Thank God you two are alright! You.../are/ alright...aren't you?" Maria asked.

"We'll manage." Gerard chuckled.

"Good, 'cause we need to split and find the others and get the hell out of here." Frank said.

"So I've been told." Gerard said as they all headed for the elevator again.

Eileen stopped in her tracks as she backed away from the metal doors and shook her head. "OH, NO. There is NO WAY I'm getting back on one of those damned death rides!" Eileen whined.
Sign up to rate and review this story