Categories > Original > Romance > Your Best Kept Secret & Biggest Mistake

I'm melting in your eyes

by dizzyxdancer 1 review

Like my first time that I caught fire, just stay with me, lay with me now...

Category: Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Warnings: [V] [X] - Published: 2007-06-19 - Updated: 2007-06-20 - 1063 words

0Unrated
"I don't like how close you and Pete are..." David said, turning to look at Emma. Her mouth dropped open. They were standing in his apartment. "You've got to be kidding me? He is my best friend! We've known each other since I was 16! There is nothing to be worried about!" she spat out. She immediately regretted it. David pushed her up against the wall, making her hit her head hard. She gasped as her eyes blurred and she saw flashing lights. "Don't fucking kid me, Emma...I know something's going on..." he muttered, his face inches from her's. She could smell vodka on his breath. She gagged at the smell. She gasped for air and spat out "I'm telling the truth. Nothing has ever happened! Please, believe me..." He let go of her and she crumbled to the floor. She rubbed her wrists, where he had held her pinned to the wall. He walked away, muttering about her being a liar. She whimpered and slowly stood up. He glared over at her and pointed at the door. "Get out..." he muttered. She didn't waste a second as she ran out the door into the pouring rain.

She hadn't drove, he had picked her up. So she stood in the rain, shivering, trying to think of what to do. She frowned as she wondering why it always rained when a girl was trying to get away from something bad. She rolled her eyes and wished she had worn her hoodie, because now she was freezing. She decided to no long waste any time and took off running. Running to the one place she knew she would be safe.

She pushed the small basement window open and slide into the basement of Pete's house. She shoved the window back in place and dusted herself off. She slowly crept up the stairs, listening to see if there was any noise. She cautiously stuck her head out the door and looked around. It was dark except for a few lights left on in case anyone woke up during the night. She quietly shut the door and crept towards the staircase. She forgot about Pandora and Marley in their cages. They began barking happily at the sight of her, thinking she had come to play. She tried to shush them, but they kept barking. She began to panic. What if Pete's parents found her and realized that she had broke into their house?

She turned to the stairs, deciding to make a mad dash for Pete's room, 2 floors up when she collided with someone. She closed her eyes and prayed to all things almighty that she had just collided with Pete. Even though they hadn't talked for almost a week, she needed to talk to him. She slowly opened her eyes and saw Pete staring back at her. The dogs had quit barking. She stared into his light brown eyes and he stared back into her blue green eyes. He reached up and pushed a lock of her sopping wet light brown hair out of her face. "What's wrong?" he whispered, looking down at her. She shook her head, pursing her lips, trying not to cry. He grabbed her hand and drug her upstairs to his room.

She stood in the middle of his room, dripping wet. He hurriedly found a tshirt for her to put on and a pair of pajama pants. She stepped into his small bathroom to change. She left her wet clothes in a pile and stepped back into his room. He stared at her for moment before she threw herself into his arms, sobbing her eyes out. She flung herself at it with such force that he stumbled backwards slightly. He caught his balance and pulled her down onto his lap as he sat on the edge of his bed. She wrapped her arms around his neck and continued to cry. He shivered as her wet hair touched his bare chest, but he ignored it and tried to comfort her, not knowing what was wrong. She cried for close to 20 minutes before she began to sniffle and the tears no longer ran. He titled her head up so that she was looking at him. They stared into each other's eyes. Emma gulped and pushed her hair out of her face. "He said he doesn't like how close we are..." she mumbled. Pete swore and shook his head. He looked back up at her. "Thank you..." she whispered, laying her head on his shoulder. He squeezed her in a hug and whispered back, "Anything for you, love..."

He scooted up to the top of the bed, pulling Emma with him. He lay down on his side and pulled her close to him. She wrapped her arms around his waist, holding him closely. She pulled back and looked at him, feeling incredible vulnerable and out of control. He looked back at her. Before he realized what she was doing, Emma had pulled his face to hers and had started kissing him. He was shocked for a moment but began kissing her back. Her mind raced and told her that this was wrong, but she shoved the thought away and told herself it was all in fun. She was just using him to get her anger out. She pushed him onto his back and climbed on top of him, straddled his waist. "Em, what are you doing?" he whispered. She shushed him and leaned down, kissing his neck, occasionally biting him lightly. She could feel him getting aroused. He paused for a moment before pushing her off him. She lay stunned next to him, feeling defeated until he climbed on top of her and began attacking her with kisses. They let themselves get carried away until they both collapsed out of breath. She hurriedly pulled her shirt back on and he slipped his boxers back on before they curled up in bed and fell asleep.

Pete woke up the next morning in bed alone. He sat up and wondered if last night had actually happened. He looked down at the pillow next to him and saw a note laying there. He picked it up and read it.

"Sorry about last night. Got caught up in my anger. Thanks for being there for me."

He crumbled up the piece of paper. There went all his hopes.
Sign up to rate and review this story