Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Maybe I shouldn't

We Didn't Start The Fire

by Silvana 3 reviews

One letter. One Brain. One car.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst, Drama - Characters: Frank Iero, Ray Toro - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-06-23 - Updated: 2007-06-23 - 892 words

0Unrated
We Didn't Start The Fire

Jenny. I know all of this is going to sound weird, but please, just read all of this, okay? And then...and then I guess, you can decide. Brian paused, hesitating, then he reassured himself that he was doing the right thing. Jenny was eighteen. She had a right to know who her parents were. So he wrote it all down, right from the beginning. From when he'd first met Willow, to when he'd first met Jenny.
_______


if you don't believe me ask Will. Or Gerard. Or Mikey.
Brian
Jenny looked up from the letter, after deciphering it. Her eyes were steely, and it was probably a good job that Brain wasn't standing in front of her, because he might just be dead by now. Prick. Of all the low minded, stupid things to do. That was like the sort of thing that primary school kids did. Her eyes narrowed, and she picked up the phone and quickly dialled Will's number, completely forgetting about the time difference and the cost.
________________

"And I almost had you, but I guess that doesn't cut it," Willow sang, as she shimmied past the sofa, holding a mug of steaming coffee in her hand. Ray smiled as he let himself out of the front door. "See you later!"
"Yeah, tell Frankie I said hi!" She called back, before sitting down at the desk in the small room that really was a cupboard. She set the mug down, away from the papers that she pulled towards her. She had just picked up her pen when the phone rang.
"Shit..."
She ran from the cupboard, skidded and almost crashed into the tiny table that the phone was situated on, before swearing a couple of times and answering the phone.
"Hello?"
"Hey Will. I got a letter from Brian again." Jenny went on to relate the contents of the letter. When she'd finished there was silence on the other end. "Will? Will. You there?"
"Uh, yeah..." Will began shakily.
"He's wrong isn't he?" Jenny asked looking for reassurance. She didn't find it. "Will?" She stammered. "What...?"
"You're coming over next week still, yeah?" Willow said hurriedly. "Talk then." She slammed the phone down And shakily walked backwards to collapse on the sofa, tears rolling down her cheeks and dripping off her nose. That was how Ray found her, four hours later, curled up on the sofa, having cried herself to sleep.

________

"Yeah, she's fine. The appointment was fine," Alicia beamed, one hand resting protectively on her new grown bump.
"She?" Willow asked into her mobile, her eyes roaming through the airport. Alicia blushed. "Yeah. Mikey doesn't want to know but I do and as he's on tour, he doesn't have to know."
Willow smiled as she sidestepped a pile of suitcases. "Any names?"
"Vivian means alive, which is cool but I don't like the name. A jewel would be cool. Gotta discuss it with Mikes though."
"Al, I'm gonna have to go," Willow interrupted. "Jenny's gonna be coming through soon, so I'll see you later."
"Bring her over," Alicia enthused. "It'd be cool to meet your sister. She anything like you?"
"A bit," Willow shrugged. "Yeah, we'll come over later." She ended the call. "If she's still talking to me," she added darkly as said sister walked out dragging a suitcase. She stopped in front of Willow, her face dark."Are you my mom?"
Willow hesitated.
"No lies, please Will," Jenny said coldly. "Just the truth."
"Yes," Willow replied simply. "Yeah, I am. And everything Brian said is true." She looked helplessly at Jenny. "I'm sorry."
Jenny sighed. "Where can I hire a car?"
"Jen-" Willow began.
"No. Just shut up. Just leave me alone," Jenny snapped.
"Jen, I know you probably hate me at the moment, but come on. I can give you a lift," Will replied persuasively.
"I'm okay thanks," Jen said icily polite.
"Jen-" Willow began.
"Jenny, hey," a guy called across the airport. Both women turned to see a man with dark brown hair walking towards them. "Brian," Willow said, pouring as much venom as she could into his name.
"Will," he beamed. "Jenny, hey. You want a lift any where?"
She half smiled at him. "I'm gonna hire a car, thanks."
Willow rolled her eyes. "I'll show you where the car hire is then," she offered.
"Fine," Jenny said, her voice the definition of 'bothered'. The three of them start to walk towards the door; Jenny and Brian talking about what Jenny was going to do during her time in America, whilst Willow seethed. It was his fault. All his fault. And now they were acting really friendly towards each other. She gritted her teeth. She had a violent urge to punch him, and generally kick his brains out but decided that he'd probably do better in a fight than she would. They reached the road on which the hire was situated. "I'll see you around then Jen, kay?"
Jenny smiled at Brian. "Yeah, I guess." She disappeared into the hire building and Brian turned to face Willow. "Shall I walk you to your car?" he asked friendly.
"You know what Brian?" Willow snapped. "Fuck you." And she stepped into the road. It was only as it hit crashed into her that she realised that there was a car there.
____________________________________________
Sign up to rate and review this story