Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > A User's Guide to Pregnancy.

Marriage 101

by Meg2005 3 reviews

Cooper and Jon wrestle with Reid for another day . . .

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-06-25 - Updated: 2007-06-25 - 1433 words - Complete

1Funny
'So where are we going to put all of this shit?' Pete asked as he and Jon packed up the guest room next to the master bedroom.

'I guess we're going to put it in storage. Cooper seems to think that if we have a girl she can use this furniture when she gets older, but for now we can put it in the third garage that doesn't get used.' Jon said as he picked up the bed frame.

'So tell me about this guy that is staying with you.' Pete said as they spread a large tarp like thing over the floor.

'He was my best friend in high school. We had a lot in common back then, we got into trouble all the time and stuff it was great, then after I started Panic I kind of lost touch with him. He got into some heavy drugs, did some jail time but now he's out and working for some marketing company.'

'I bet Cooper loves the fact that he is staying here.' Pete said as they started putting white primer on the walls of the nursery.

'She's not happy about it I'll tell you that, but the more that he is around her, the more uncomfortable he makes me feel.'

'What do you mean?'

'I feel like he is always checking her out. Like last night, she was making dinner and you know how she is pregnant so it doesn't matter how cold it is outside, she's hot so she was wearing a pair of shorts and a long sleeved tee shirt and he spent at least fifteen minutes standing behind her checking out her butt. I don't really know how to explain it but I feel like he's always mackin' on my pregnant wife. And I mean...hello...she's pregnant for a reason, she's taken.'

'Dude calm down and listen to yourself, you sound a little paranoid.'

'I'm sorry; I've never had to worry about someone visibly checking out my girl. I know it happens but I've never seen it. That's my attention they are giving her. I'm supposed to do that.'

'Calm down he'll be gone in a while.'

'He better be. We're different people now; we don't belong under the same roof.' Jon mumbled as Cooper walked into the room.

'Aww you guys started the nursery for me.' Cooper smiled.

'Hey baby....what are you doing home?' Jon asked between kisses.

'I came home early today; I'm not feeling very well. Hey Pete' she mumbled as he hugged her around the waist.

'Hey Cooper.'

'What's wrong?'

'I don't know, the baby is just moving around a lot today, it's upsetting my stomach.'

'Why don't you go lay down. Pete and I are almost done.'

'Okay.' She smiled. Jon gave her another soft kiss and her tummy a little rub before she walked out of the room.

'She's cute.' Pete laughed.

'I know.'

'How is she doing about her parents?'

'She's really insecure about being a mother. Everyone is telling her that she's unfit to be a mom so I think she's starting to believe it.'

'What about you? What do you think?'

'I've never seen Cooper insecure about anything usually she's so confident and poised and almost arrogant. This is weird for me.'

'Do you think she'll be a good mother?'

'I think she'll be a great mother.'

'How do you know?'

'There is something about the way she carries herself with the baby. It's hard to describe. She sings to the baby, she talks to the baby, she asks the baby questions, she refers to us as a family. When she talks to the baby she calls me daddy. She's such an amazing woman; she's good at everything she does. I know she'll be a good mother.'

'Does she know you think that?'

'Of course.' Jon said as they heard a big crash from downstairs. Jon dropped his brush and ran out of the room thinking it was Cooper only to meet cooper at the top of the stairs.

'What was that?'

'I don't know baby, stay up here we'll go see.' Jon said giving her a soft kiss before walking down the stairs. Jon and Pete stepped into the kitchen to see their back door shattered into thousands of tiny pieces with glass shards all over the kitchen while Reid stood at the sink washing his hand off.

'Reid?' Jon asked as Cooper walked into the kitchen.

'Oh my god our door.' Cooper said as she started over just as Jon stopped her and picked her up.

'Baby, you're going to get glass in your foot go put on shoes.' Jon said putting her down in the living room and kissing her gently.

'Reid what did you do to our back door?' Jon asked as Pete got a broom.

'Sorry, I got a little carried away. Turns out the job I was supposed to have fell through but don't worry I'll get your door fixed.'

'With what money Reid, you don't have a job.'

'I'll find a way.'

'Just forget it.' Jon said as Cooper walked into the kitchen wearing a pair of Uggs.

'Hey Cooper.' Reid smirked.

'You just punched out my back door, don't hey me.' Cooper said as she walked over to hold the dust pan for Pete.

'Bitch much?' Reid mumbled as Cooper glared at him.

**************************************

'Are you feeling any better?' Jon asked later that afternoon as he and Cooper cuddled on top of their bed.

'A little bit, I think the baby likes cuddling with her daddy.' Cooper smiled.

'With her daddy? You think it's a girl?'

'I want a girl.'

'Why?'

'Because I want you to have a girl; you would be the most amazing father to a little girl.'

'I don't know about that. She'd go to an all girl's school, then be put in a convent so she doesn't end up like you, married to a man like me and doing the kind of things we've done.'

'She's going to be perfect and you're going to let her do whatever you want and you know you will.'

'I know but it makes me feel better to think that maybe I'll be able to tell her no like that.'

'Babe how long is your friend going to be here?'

'I don't know, hopefully not much longer. I can't take much more of him.'

'Me either!' Cooper agreed, 'Come on let's go make dinner.'

'Evelyn Grace,' Jon whispered as he let both hands rest on Cooper's little bump and while he kissed her neck, 'Daddy's little cupcake.'

Cooper turned around in his arms and put hers around his neck, 'I never thought that I would see the day that we would be so excited about having a baby together. Look at us, all we think about, talk about, or worry about is this baby.'

'Isn't it great?'

'I love it, and I love you even more.' Cooper smiled as she stood up tall to give him a kiss allowing him to deepen the kiss into a steamy; notoriously "Jon and Cooper" style French kiss.

'Get a room already; I'm tired of seeing you two always making out.'

'Fuck you Reid, it's our house.' Cooper snapped turned back around as she started cooking again.

'Fiesty, I like it.' He winked.

'Ass.' Cooper said as she flipped the chicken over.

'And what's with this chicken shit every night? Is chicken the only thing you know how to cook? I mean come on, let's get some steaks or something.'

'Reid, until you buy the groceries and until you're carrying around another person in side you shut the fuck up and leave me alone, If you don't like it, go some place else. Jon is the only one that I'm concerned about feeding at the moment so get out of my kitchen.'

'Are you going to let her talk to me like that?' Reid asked looking at Jon with an expectant look.

'Yeah?'

'Dude, she's the wife, you're not supposed to let her talk to me like that, it's called marriage 101.'

'And you would know so much about being married.' Cooper mumbled, 'Babe, it's really hot in here.'

'Do you want me to turn down the air?'

'Do you mind? I'm sweating.'

'Not at all honey.' Jon walked out of the room as Reid made the sound a whip would sound while he walked by. Cooper rolled her eyes trying her hardest to hold her tongue and not say a word to Jon's friend.

It was going to be a long couple of days. . .
Sign up to rate and review this story