Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > When Every Star Falls

13: It was a lie when they smiled

by horuskitty 0 reviews

...And said you won't feel a thing. This sure doesn't feel like nothing.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Fantasy, Horror, Humor - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Warnings: [?] [V] - Published: 2007-06-26 - Updated: 2007-06-26 - 1625 words

0Unrated
As soon as everyone had left the building as quick as they could, no one would walk anywhere near Gerard, talk to him, or even look at him. And if they did look at him, all they had was hate in their eyes. Gerard was far behind the group as they walked ahead of him down the frozen streets of Cemetery Drive...Mikey had returned to the area, for there was a hospital nearby, but no where near Cemetery Drive ended. They had all explained to Mikey what had happened, and he was just as fed up with Gerard as the others were. Bob was in the hospital, as they walked back to pick him up.

"Guys..." Gerard said aloud, waiting for the group's reaction to his next line. "...Do you have to walk so far ahead?"

No one answered him, but he heard Maria curse under her breath. "Pendejo..."

"Guys, will you give me a break--?!" Gerard was cut off by Alexia's thunderous screaming.

"You fucking pendejo! How can we give you a break when you let Raven go?!?" She said.

Gerard's face lit up with anger. "For christ's sake, Alexia, I had no choice!" He shouted.

"/No choice/?! We DID have a choice!" Alexia retorted.

"Do you honestly, honestly think that Raven would've wanted us to stay there and get ourselves killed?!" Gerard shouted back.

"We had a weapon--!" Alexia cried.

"We were /outnumbered/!" Gerard continued to argue.

"We still could've taken them!" Alexia was in tears now.

"Yeah, and get ourselves, AND Raven killed in the process!" He screamed back. Gerard tried to hold back a wave of tears coming in.

"BOTH OF YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!" Maria burst in, pushing the two away from each other. She held her sister as she burst out crying, trying to get away so she could continue the argument. Maria placed her chin on her older sister's forehead for a minute, until her rage caught her attention and she focused it on Gerard.

"Gerard...Raven is gone now, and it's all because you let her go. We'll never see her again now, we have no idea what this place is or where it's at. We don't know who these people are, we know nothing about this place, and it's killing us all. You were the one who made the decision to let Eileen go," Maria spoke to him calmly, hiding her anger and trying to keep her rage suspended. "I thought you wanted to find her and bring her home, Gerard...but I guess I was wrong..." She said.

Gerard's face fell into a hurt expression. "Do you honestly think...that you're the only ones in pain?" He asked, his voice was very calm, but it sounded as if he was about to burst out in tears. "Do you have any idea how crushed my mind and heart is...to have let her go like that?" Maria finally saw a small tear fall from Gerard's hazel eyes. Until his hurt expression turned into a bitter glare. "I'm not in any mood or state of mind to argue with you about this. My mental state is shattered, so unless you don't want to be hurt even more, I highly suggest you keep your mouth shut and keep your distance." Gerard said bitterly, but calmly.

Gerard soon saw the anger slowly pour out onto Maria's face, as she her let her sister go, she slowly turned to him, her shoulders raised, and her dark eyes locked on his. "What did you just say to me?" She said quietly. "Did you...just threaten me?" She said, walking closer to Gerard. "And what are you going to do to /me/, little boy?" She said again, her voice becoming dark. Soon Gerard would be under her chin on account of her height.

Gerard didn't move from his standing place, he just watched as she got closer. "I'll fucking kill you if you get any closer." He exclaimed, lowering his eyebrows and glaring into Maria's black eyes.

In that instant, Maria began to giggle, which suddenly turned into laughter, "You'll kill me?! That's a good one! You couldn't hurt me if you tried!" She waved her index finger at him.

"Size doesn't matter, it's the strength that counts." Gerard began to feel his patience slowly slip away, having Maria keep punching his buttons. "I'm warning you, Burns...if you don't want a /broken jaw/..." He said.

Maria finally reached the distance she wanted between her and Gerard. She glared down on him, waiting for him to throw the next threat. "Would Raven want you to do that to me, now?" She said.

"Raven wouldn't want you hovering over me like a vulture." Gerard snorted.

"Raven would want you to mind your mouth as well." Maria said, her fists tightening.

Gerard, once more, felt his last shred of patience dangling from a string in his mind. "Second and last warning, keep your distance /now/...before you get /hurt/."

That was it. Maria had tackled Gerard to the ground and was throwing punches in all directions all over his body. He soon felt his blood stain the snow around them, he felt his nose break, blood flying from his mouth, until finally...that last shred of patience snapped off the string. Gerard had thrown a fist into Maria's face, breaking her nose in the process. They began to roll around as both were pulling on each other's hair and punching with their open hands. Blood spats stained the snow until finally, Gerard managed to roll on top of Maria as he raised his right fist for one more blow.

"Remember..." Gerard said, his voice was severely hoarse. "...Just because my hands around your throat, bitch!" He screamed at her, tightening his fist and ready to kill.

Until something made him stop, he froze, staring at his hand on Maria's throat, her gripping his wrist and her eyes barely open.
There was nothing but pure rage on Gerard's face, his eyes wide as ever, his teeth were gritted, he was panting enough to sound as if he was growling. He just held his fist in the air, looking at what they were doing.

"What..." Gerard thought. "...what the fuck am I doing?!" He thought as his grip on her neck loosened.

He heard the group running towards them and Alexia screaming "SISTER!"

Not knowing it, Maria smacked her fist into Gerard's cheek as he went crashing down into his side, Maria rose up and threw a few more blows to his stomach, head, and chest before getting to her feet and then giving him a good kick in the abdomen.

"Bastard!!!" Maria snarled intensely.

"Sister, are you alright?!" Alexia asked her little sister, examining her face.

Gerard didn't even bother to move. He didn't care anymore. He just laid there, on his stomach, panting intensely, until he barely lifted his hand and saw the blood that was left on it from Maria's nose and lip.

"Why did I--...?" He couldn't even answer his own thoughts. Why his rage would get the best of him like that was a complete mystery. He held his nose and groaned and rolled over.

Mikey was very hesitant at first, but Gerard was his brother, and he knelt beside him, and said very calmly: "Are you alright?"

Gerard felt crushed, not hearing any concern or worry in Mikey's voice. "Wow...you sound really concerned about me, Mikey." Gerard said, his voice wrecked with sadness. Mikey just watched his brother raise himself up, and onto his feet as he stared at the sky before saying one more thing. "Yeah...I love you too, little bro'." Gerard said, before walking off back towards the building they had left Eileen in.

"And where do you think you're going?" Alexia asked him.

"Why the fuck do you care?" Gerard said, with no emotions in his voice whatsoever. "I highly doubt you'd even care if I died right here and now." He said again in the same tone. "...I'm going back for her, if you hate me that much for what I did." Gerard said, as he continued walking.

"Let the asshole go! I could care less about what happens to him! You hear me?!" Maria shouted.

"Shut your fucking mouth, Burns, before I rip your tongue out!" Gerard shouted back at her, turning back around and continuing on.

Finally, Mikey felt his anger subside, as he ran back to his brother and stopped him. "Gerard..." Mikey said, before yanking his brother into an embrace, his hands clasped tightly on the back of Gerard's shirt. "...I don't hate you..." He said.

"Mikey..." Gerard's voice began to break up, he threw his arms around Mikey and gripped the back of his jacket and burst out crying. "...I'm so sorry, Mikey...I didn't mean to..." Gerard cried. "...I didn't mean it...I want her back..."

Mikey finally began to feel what Gerard was feeling. "I know..." Mikey chuckled weakly. "I want her back too." He said.

Mikey and Gerard finally pulled away from each other, as Gerard managed wipe his face. "I'm going back for her." He said.

"No, you're not." Mikey said. "It's too dangerous."

"Mikey..." Gerard said, his voice normal for a short moment. "...I'm going back for her. I just can't do this. I..." Gerard trailed off for a minute before blinking and gulping to answer. "...I need her, okay? I need her back here with us." He said. "I get the feeling she's not going to be okay. She always lies like that.../God, why didn't I listen?/" His last sentence fell into a very silent whisper.

Mikey just looked at his brother for a minute. Not knowing what to say.
Sign up to rate and review this story