Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > When Every Star Falls

14: Lithium

by horuskitty 1 review

...I'm gonna let it go... ...Or at least try to...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Fantasy, Horror, Humor - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Warnings: [?] [V] - Published: 2007-06-26 - Updated: 2007-06-26 - 1744 words

0Unrated
Hours passed. Everyone except for Maria, Alexia, Ray, and Bob went back inside. There was no luck finding Eileen. They could've sworn they searched the entire building, but their term of 'the entire building' was very slim. Only this time they managed to not get caught. More hours passed. Still no luck. The four outside were getting worried, though they refused to go back inside. More hours passed, until they just gave up. They had to give up. They spent hours, possibly an entire day inside of the building. Finally they came out, not looking too bright. Alexia, Bob, Maria, and Ray, all rose up off the ground. They saw that Eileen wasn't with them, so they assumed that they hadn't found her.

"...Still no luck?" Ray asked.

Frank shook his head and walked right past him.

"Is she even still in there?" Alexia asked.

Gerard didn't bother to answer. He just walked past them and headed for the road ahead.

"Hey, are you going to answer me--?!!" Alexia shouted at him.

Frank interrupted her and pushed her back. "Hey...seriously...lay off of the guy, will ya?" He exclaimed. "Give him some fucking credit, at least he dragged his own ass back in there to look for her." He said, walking off in Gerard's direction.

There was silence for a minute, until everyone started walking. "So that's it, then?" Alexia said, still standing in one place. "We're just leaving her here?"

"Alexia..." Mikey said, turning around. "We don't even think...she's still alive." He turned back around and started walking again.

Alexia just stared at them, her expression blank, until Maria snapped her out of her daze. "Come on, hermana...let's go home." Maria said, as she put her arms around Alexia's shoulders, Alexia put her arm around Maria's waist and they began walking. "Vaya con dios, Raven..." Maria said silently, making the sign of the cross.

Everyone knew at this point...that they were leaving someone they cared about, behind. No one dared to speak to each other. The only thing that could be heard was the cracking of the snow beneath their feet, and the wind lightly howling in their ears. They walked for even more hours, until the skies finally began to fall into a deep red and orange color, they had begun to wonder if they were even going to get home.

"How far did we come in here?" Ray asked.

"I'd say pretty far, I can't see anything ahead." Mikey said.

"We must've crossed into Silent Hill..." Bob joked. Amazingly, a few of the others chuckled at his remark.

But far ahead, Gerard was getting tired of the silence. He was ahead of everyone enough to quietly sing to himself. He put his hands in his pockets and looked up at the sky, the colors glistened across his hazel eyes, as he blinked and looked back at the ground for a second, and then looked back up at the sky.

"Late dawns and early sunsets, just like my favorite scenes, then holding hands and life was perfect, just like up on the screen..." He sung quietly. Slowly, he began to hear car horns honking in the distance, he assumed they were getting closer to home. And just then, he couldn't believe...that hearing that sound...that he'd just smiled, looking back down at the ground. He went silent for a few more minutes, and then continued singing. "And the whole time while always giving..." He began to see people crossing the street, a loud crowd, more car horns...he was very close to home, until he stopped in his tracks, close enough to see the crowds of people flooding the streets, taxis lined up the road. He stared at this sight for a minute. "...Counting your face among the living." He finished, as he finally started walking again.

As soon as everyone made it onto the streets of New York again, Maria screamed and whirled around into the street, screaming "OY, GRACIAS DIOS!!!" over and over. Alexia followed suite, getting the attention of possibly the entire streets of New York. The guys...weren't all that joyous.

"Oh, whoopie, yay...whatever..." Frank retorted, walking off in a different direction.

"Where are you going, muchacho?" Maria walked up to Frank.

"I'm going home." He said firmly.

"What are you going to do then?" She asked again.

"Sit on the couch and rot." He replied before taking her arm off from around his shoulders.

"What-is everyone just going to be little emo kids for the rest of their lives?" She said, receiving a death glare from every member from My Chemical Romance. She just snorted. "Oh, so now everyone is against me." She said, glancing at the civilians who were staring at her, Bob, and Gerard.

"You nearly killed my brother." Mikey said, not even bothering to turn around.

"He nearly killed /ME/!" She spat, making themselves even more noticeable.

"Um..." Alexia glanced at how much Maria was making a scene.

"He nearly killed you because you started the fucking fight." Mikey said, defending his brother and stepping in front of him.

"If he'd kept his mouth shut then I wouldn't have done anything-- OW!!" Maria squealed and threw her hands on the back of her head.

"SHUT UP..." Alexia said through her gritted teeth as she smacked her sister on the back of the head, and glancing at the crowd again.

Gerard tried to keep quiet, and not let his rage get to him again. He just kept his back turned and his face aimed at the ground, trying to keep his bloodied face hidden from everyone. Even though Maria's was clearly visible.

"Look, we're home now! Eileen wouldn't want us to sit here and let our bodies rot like most people would. She'd want us to act like it never happened--"

"But it's not that easy." Bob interrupted her. He was in front of her in a flash, making distance between her and Gerard. She just stared at him blankly for a second and then looked back up at Gerard.

"So that's it?" She said, shrugging. "You five are just going to go home, and sit there until you starve and die?" She said, taking another look at the crowd. "Be my guest. But I'm going to do what Eileen would've wanted me to do: go out, and enjoy the rest of my life while I still can. Even though her life may be over, I can still live it for her." She said, turning to Alexia, who was being eyed by the crowd. Maria just made a face at them. "WHAT?!?!" She shouted, and they all turned away.

"For now, we're just going to have to give it some time to go away." Ray said. "We just...don't feel like doing anything at all right now."

"That's fine," Maria replied. "only as long as you don't let it consume your life." She said, eyeing Gerard.

Gerard then realized that he was just staring into the faces of the people around them, he was staring into space. His back was still turned. He hadn't said a word, until he finally snapped out of his daze. "/She's right/..." He whispered.

In that instant, Maria burst out laughing and pointed at Gerard. "Did he just say I was /right/?!" She laughed. Gerard scowled at her.

Gerard turned around and moved past Mikey and Bob and pushed Maria into her sister. "Fuck you!" He snapped. "You've caused enough problems already, don't push it!" He spat.

"HEY!!" Maria snapped irritably. She darted forward and pushed him back into Bob and Mikey.

"HEY, you stupid idiot, stop it, that's enough!" Alexia tried to grab Maria.

Gerard ran into Maria again and this time, he grabbed her by her shirt and pulled her towards him. "I don't care what happens...if you ever piss me off again...I won't break just your /nose/." He said, throwing her back to Alexia. "Stay away from me." He pointed at her. "You're not the only one who loved her, and you're not the only one who felt hurt when I..." Gerard trailed off again. He just gulped and finished. "...When I left her back there." He said silently.

"Alright, guys, break it up." A cop came through the staring crowd and separated Maria and Gerard. It was John, of course.

"What're you doing here?" Frank asked.

"And how'd you find us?" Gerard asked.

John laughed. "You're not that hard to find when half the people on the street are staring at you." He said.

Gerard blushed and turned away and hid behind Mikey.

"Any luck finding...uh...what'sherface..." John scratched his head.

"Raven/...and yes, we...did find--/OW!" Frank yelped at Gerard who'd kicked him in the shin.

"No. We didn't find her." Gerard said, swallowing the truth. Mikey glanced at him and he knew that it wasn't a good idea to tell him that.

John raised an eyebrow, but nodded. "Neither have we. We're starting to think she's--"

"DEAD...yes...so are we." Gerard nodded nervously, as if he wanted to end the conversation quickly.

"Right, well, there's something else..." John said.

Everyone looked at him. "What?" Alexia asked.

"...We thought it seemed strange, but we found another girl murdered in an alley. Again." He said.

Maria knitted her eyebrows together. "That's two murders in one week. How were they killed, if you don't mind me asking?" Maria asked, as John gestured for them to follow him.

"Well..." He began. "...On her neck...there's two holes." He said.

"WHAT?" Frank said with wide eyes.

"The same markings were on the first body we found." John replied. "I'll show you once we get to the morgue." He said.

As John and Maria continued their conversation, the group kept together and followed them. Mikey looked at Gerard with concern, and he saw the same look on his brother's face.

"Do you think..." Mikey began, a bit hesitantly. Gerard was still silent. "...That it has something to do with Eileen?" Mikey asked.

Gerard shook his head. "I don't know...I hope so, though." He said.

"You hope so?" Mikey asked, a bit shocked.

"Yeah...it might lead to something about her. Maybe she got out, maybe it's another one of those people back in the area we came from, I'm just hoping that it's something that's connected to her." He said, closing his eyes. Hoping that he was right.
Sign up to rate and review this story