Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > When Every Star Falls

15: Leave like the sane abandoned me

by horuskitty 0 reviews

"GET ME THE HELL OUT OF HERE!!"

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Fantasy, Horror, Humor - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Warnings: [?] [V] - Published: 2007-06-28 - Updated: 2007-06-28 - 1581 words

0Unrated
While arriving at the morgue, John led everyone inside and towards an elevator. They had to make two trips because there were too many to cram into the elevator all at once. As Mikey and Gerard exited the elevator, everyone were led into a large room. The sight itself of the metal prisons for dead bodies lined up the walls was enough to send chills down anyone's spines. John began searching the name tags on them, while Gerard stood motionless in the middle of the room. He looked around carefully, being in this place made him sick in the stomach, he couldn't figure out why, but he hated it. He looked at the corpses on hospital beds, tags tied to their toes, their bodies covered up with white sheets, each time Gerard saw one of them, he could swear he felt something solid just hit him straight in the stomach. He began to feel his sanity slip away again, he kept thinking of Eileen, and that she might be on one of those beds by now.

"But does anyone notice, there's a corpse in this bed?!"

Gerard's eyes went wide as he shook his head hard, realizing he heard his own lyrics screamed in his mind. He shook his head again and tried to follow Mikey, who was having a conversation with the others. They were already examining the two bodies that had been recently taken there. Gerard shook his head again and grabbed his brother's shoulder.

"Mikey..." He said, his voice was hoarse.

"From the lights to the pavement..."

Mikey turned around and saw Gerard. "Hey, what's wrong with you?" He said, holding Gerard up by the shoulders.

"From the van to the floor..."

"...Get me out of here..." Gerard said in a whisper.

"From backstage to the doctor..."

Mikey felt his brother's forehead and looked at him. "What? I didn't hear you-hey, you're freaking me out, what's wrong?" Mikey said.

"From the earth to the morgue...morgue...morgue...MORGUE!!!"

"GET ME THE HELL OUT OF HERE!" Gerard snapped the lyrics to "The End" out of his mind and through his mouth, not knowing it. Gerard finally lost his mind. He fell to the floor and began screaming things that didn't make sense. Mikey kept his hands on Gerard's wrists as he looked up at the group, who were looking at Gerard strangely.

"It's okay, I've got him." Mikey said as he picked up Gerard by the back of his shirt and dragged him into an elevator, out of the lobby, and onto the streets. Gerard struggled against him the entire time, and kept doing so, even when they got outside. "SHUT UP!!!" Mikey finally shouted.

Gerard immediately stopped everything and looked at Mikey. His expression was lit up with fear, he was breathing hard, he was muttering things that still didn't make sense. Mikey finally let go of Gerard's wrists as he let his back hit the wall. Gerard didn't bother to move, or get up, he just stared off into space, finally saying something that Mikey could understand. He was muttering lyrics from "Desert Song", a song which seemed to fit their situation at the morgue perfectly. Mikey looked at Gerard, who didn't even flash a glance at Mikey.

"Look at me and say something that's /remotely sane/, Gerard." Mikey said.

Gerard finally quieted down on his mumbling and looked at Mikey. "I can't." He managed to whisper.

Mikey shook his head. "Gerard...you're my brother. I know you can say something." He said.

Gerard looked back off into space, smiling a bit and letting out a small chuckle.

"What's so funny?" Mikey asked.

Gerard's smile turned into a blank one. "...I'm losing my fucking mind." After that, he started chuckling again.

"Oh, /great/..." Mikey groaned irritably.

Gerard then began to laugh maniacally. Of course, getting the attention of the few people on the street. Mikey looked back at Gerard, who was still laughing, and shook his head. "Yeah...you're going crazy alright." Mikey said, nodding. "Which means I'm not going to leave you out here." He said. "You're going to a mental hospital." Mikey said, waiting for Gerard's reaction.

"NO!!" Gerard shouted, scooting away from Mikey.

"Gerard..." Mikey said, his tone becoming serious. "Fuck...I knew this would happen." He thought.

"I'm not going anywhere." Gerard shook his head.

"Yes you are, like I'm going to let you stay out here and lose your fucking mind." Mikey pointed out.

"I said, NO!" Gerard shouted again, and this time he got up and took off running.

"GERARD!!" Mikey darted after him and tackled him to the ground. "CALM DOWN!"

Gerard fought against him. "LET ME GO!!" He shouted.

In that minute, Frank came outside and saw the scene Mikey and Gerard were making. "Mikey!! What's wrong!?" Frank asked, running towards them.

"Grab Gerard!" Mikey said, rolling over and keeping a good grip on Gerard's shirt.

Frank jumped forward and grabbed Gerard's arms and held them behind his back. Gerard didn't care who it was, he kicked and squirmed around and screamed the entire time. Frank gestured for Mikey to back away, as Frank kept one hand gripped on Gerard's wrists, while he tried to hold down Gerard's body by jumping on top of him and pressing his other forearm on Gerard's shoulders.

"Mikey, go get the others, I'll hold him off! Hurry!" Frank exclaimed, nodding towards the doors.

Mikey nodded and jumped up to run back inside. He quickly made his way downstairs as fast as he could, and burst through the doors, only to bump into Sahara on the way in.

"Mikey, what's wrong?" Maria asked.

"It's Gerard; he's going fucking crazy! Frank is trying to keep him from running off and we need to get him handcuffed or something before he hurts someone, or hurts himself!" Mikey exclaimed, running back towards the elevator as the group followed.

When they all arrived outside, they saw that Gerard and Frank were in a fist fight. Frank was more or less trying to grab Gerard's arms, Gerard was trying to get Frank to back up so he could run away.

"Someone handcuff him! Bound him or something; get his arms behind his back!" Frank shouted at the group, tackling Gerard to the ground again.

The group ran forward and tried to pile on top of Gerard so he couldn't move. John quickly pulled out his handcuffs and managed to get Gerard's arms behind his back and quickly locked them around his wrists. Gerard's eyes went wide when he felt them click and feeling the metal on his skin made him scream. Finally, everyone leapt off of Frank, Gerard kept struggling, until Frank rolled him over and got a hand-full of Gerard's blonde hair and pulled on it tightly so he could face him.

"Open your fucking eyes!" He shouted at Gerard.

Out of anger, Gerard's eyes snapped open, and he got a good view of what he did to Frank. Frank's face had bruises on it, and he was bleeding where Gerard's fist met his skin a couple of times. Gerard acted as if his sanity had come back for a split second, but split seconds are short, and Gerard began to whimper, until his whimpers turned into crying, and his crying turned into very loud sobs. Very, very loud. Frank closed his eyes and shook his head softly, as he rose up away from Gerard's face and tried to bring Gerard with him. But Gerard was too busy filling the air with his loud wailing to even want to get back up.

"Do you have a car or something we can drag him into? He's not going to walk in this state." Frank asked John.

"Yeah, my car's just around the corner. I'll bring it around." He replied.

Everyone was left to stare at Gerard lying on his side and bawling loudly, Frank's hand was still gripping the shoulder of Gerard's shirt, holding him down.

"All that we need..." Frank muttered, looking at his band brother's tear stained face. "...Is for you to fucking stop." Frank said.

Gerard just barely shook his head. "Oh...God...why...did...I...do...this..." Gerard spoke through hiccuping sobs.

"Crying isn't going to answer that, Gerard." Frank said, looking up at John bringing his police car around.

John parked the car and got out, he opened the door to the back seat and helped Frank pick Gerard up.

"You need to be in a fucking straight jacket for a couple of days." Frank said, as he and John put Gerard in the back seat and shut the door. "Think you can handle him until we get to the hospital?" Frank asked.

John nodded. "I'm sure I can manage, just let me know when you get there." And with that, John got in the car and drove off.

The group was speechless. Now they would be without both Eileen and Gerard. Except Gerard wasn't dead. They began walking towards the hospital, only to have it silent once more. Mikey watched John drive his car down the road until it was out of sight. He shook his head and sighed heavily, not wanting to believe the things that had just happened. "I can't believe my brother is going to have to stay in a fucking mental hospital." He looked up at the dark sky, and exhaled to see his breath.

This whole turn of events was slowly picking the group apart, one by one.
Sign up to rate and review this story