Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > When Every Star Falls

16: Welcome to this institution

by horuskitty 0 reviews

Don't let me sleep tonight...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Fantasy, Horror, Humor - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Warnings: [?] [V] - Published: 2007-06-28 - Updated: 2007-06-28 - 2323 words

0Unrated
After a while, they admitted Gerard into the mental hospital nearby. They left him there for a couple of days, without visiting him, due to John's orders. It was day three of no Gerard, and the group was headed to the hospital to see him. Mikey was father ahead of the group, his hands in his pockets, his head tilted up towards the sky. They had Bob's shoulder treated, and he was with them on their way to the hospital. Sahara had a bandage across the top of her nose, and a few other places were patched up from her fight with Gerard. Everyone had some sort of bandage on them, due to their trip in and out of the area known as Cemetery Drive. The band skipped any interview or concert that they had planned ahead, which severely disappointed some of their fans. They were just focused on Gerard for now. And still, they were thinking about Eileen, and if she was still alive.

Bob exhaled to see clear white blobs form in front of his face, he looked up at the sky, which was painted a dark blue color, thunder hummed across the clouds, and they lit up every five minutes or so. Bob just shook his head and looked back down to face where he was walking.

"Why would Gerard suddenly snap like that?" Bob asked no one in particular. He heard Maria mutter "Because he's fucking crazy..." under her breath, as he and the other band members turned around and glared down at her.

Mikey just shrugged, not answering.

Ray looked at Bob and answered for Mikey. "Maybe this whole turn of events just got to his head. He probably can't take it." He said.

Bob shook his head. "But what about those few years ago? Back when he was suicidal and all that, and plus when we were making The Black Parade? He broke through that didn't he?" He said.

Ray shrugged. "I dunno. Probably because of the fact that Raven's not here." He said. Bob nodded with him on that one.

Finally they arrived at the hospital, and were immediately greeted by a nurse with strangely bright red-hair hair that came below her shoulders. Her skin was pale, and she had unusually bright golden eyes. She smiled at them, but kept her mouth closed, and held out her hand for a shake. At first, everyone was stunned at how beautiful she was, it took any of them a minute or two before they took her hand and shook it. They introduced themselves and stepped back to look at her.

"/She's hot, dude/..." Frank muttered quietly to Bob.

"/Shuddup...Jamia would break your face if she heard that/..." Bob shushed him, and brushed him away.

"I'm Kaylyyn. I'm the nurse that watches after your boy." She said, referring to Gerard. Frank snorted at the last word she used.

"Has he been doing OK?" Mikey asked.

Kaylyyn just shrugged. "Can't say if he's getting better or worse," She said. "He's been singing songs that I believe are yours? And he's also acted like he's scared to death of anyone who comes near him." She said as she gestured for them to follow her. "Why don't you come with me and I'll tell you everything. Anyway, when we try to bring him his lunch he freaks out until we leave." She said.

"And he does that all the time?" Frank asked.

"Every day." Kaylyyn nodded. "Oh, and do any of you know someone by the name of 'Raven'?" She asked.

The group looked at one another before all nodding.

"Yeah, she's a friend of ours that just recently..." Mikey swallowed the truth again. "...Just recently disappeared. She was abducted and we still can't find who did it." He said.

Kaylyyn's face looked shocked for a moment, until it turned calm again. "Oh...I'm sorry to hear that." She said. "But...he's been saying her name every five minutes, plus he's been saying the name 'Mikey' a lot also, and I'm not using that as a figure of speech. We've even timed him when he says her name. To tell you the flat out truth; he will NOT shut up." She said. Mikey looked at her.

Frank made a face. "Does he talk in his sleep?" He asked.

Kaylyyn just raised her eyebrows as high as they could go and looked at him. "Honey, he hasn't even been asleep." She said.

It was just then that the group finally payed attention to where they were going. They were too into their conversation that they didn't even know where they were being led. Kaylyyn had led them into a long hallway that was covered in white. White metal doors lined up the walls, there were people screaming, slamming themselves against doors in an attempt to escape, there were guards lined up and down the hallway, doctors were walking back and forth, other nurses were rolling metal carts around with tools and other items on top. The group did not feel comfortable here, although Kaylyyn seemed pretty content with her whereabouts. Mikey couldn't believe his own brother was stuck in this place for two days.

"Ah, here we are." She said as they arrived at-supposedly-Gerard's room. She took out a pair of keys and gestured for them to look through the glass to see inside. Mikey nodded as he and Frank looked inside to see Gerard, wrapped in a straight jacket, singing "The Ghost Of You" out loud, his voice was off and rough, but his tune was right. The others took turns looking inside, when a doctor came by and began talking to Kaylyyn. He gave her permission to let the group in, but only one at a time. A guard then came around and stood beside the door as Kaylyyn began to unlock it.

"Mikey...I think you should go inside first." Frank said.

Mikey looked at him and smiled softly and nodded. "Thanks."

"Just be careful would you?" Frank said again. Mikey nodded.

Kaylyyn opened the door and let Mikey head inside. He took a few slow steps inside, and saw Gerard. There lying on the floor, trapped in a straight jacket, he stopped singing and looked up to see Mikey walking in. Mikey kept his distance, as he heard them shut the door behind him. He looked at his brother for a minute, before blinking.

"Mikey..." Gerard muttered. "...You shouldn't be here." He said, a bit louder.

"Gerard, for God's sake, you're my brother." Mikey said, kneeling down.

"You need to get out...get out..." Gerard said. "She's one of them, get out of here, Mikey." Gerard said, rolling around on the floor.

"Who's one of them?" Mikey asked, frowning.

"Her...she's one of them..." Gerard nodded towards the door.

Mikey looked over his shoulder and through the window. He saw Frank and Kaylyyn's heads looking through the glass. Mikey looked closer at Kaylyyn, all he could find strange was her eyes. He had never seen such bright golden eyes before, and he quickly turned his head back to his brother. "You think she's one of them? A /vampire/?" He asked.

Gerard managed to nod. "I don't /think/..." He then shook his head. "...I /know/." He said.

Mikey didn't know whether to believe him, or trust the fact that he'd gone crazy. He just looked at Gerard with confusion in his eyes, not knowing what to say at this point. Mikey opened his mouth to speak, until he heard conversations outside. He looked over his shoulder again and saw John. He heard John speaking to Frank, and he sounded worried. Mikey looked back at Gerard who now had his back against the wall, and his expression was worried. Then, Frank opened the door and stuck his head inside.

"Hey, Mikey, time to go!" He said, hurriedly.

Mikey nodded and looked at his brother. "I've gotta go. I'll be back soon, okay?" He said.

Gerard shook his head. "Don't come back. If you do, she might kill you." He said.

Mikey still didn't know what he was talking about, but he got up and made his way for the door.

"Mikey!!! Get out! Get everyone out!!" Gerard then screamed.

Mikey made it out of the room, and turned around and saw a doctor and Kaylyyn run inside with a few tools in their hands. Gerard kept screaming "GET OUT!" over and over. Mikey shook his head, he hated that noise, so he turned and began to walk off down the hallway. Frank, however, was able to see what they were doing. He saw the doctor holding Gerard's head down, as a guard ran inside and held the rest of Gerard's body down, Kaylyyn held up a syringe and carefully injected something into Gerard's neck. His screaming went soft, his eyes got heavy, and he muttered something again while they let him go. He lay there, on his back, his head dizzily rolling left and right, as they exited and closed the door behind them. Frank shook his head and ran to catch up with the group.

"That was terrible." Frank whispered.

"It's the only way to calm them down." The doctor said said, walking up from behind him.

The group stopped at the lobby and waited for John to join them, he came through the doors a few minutes later, checking his walkie-talkie, and finally confronted the group. "Guys...there's been two more murders..." He said.

The group's eyes went wide at his words. "Wh-what? Another two?!" Maria yelped.

"What's going on?!" Alexia said.

John shook his head. "I don't know, but they have the same markings on their necks." He said.

Mikey's face went pale. He tried to speak, but found the words were hung in his throat.

Ray glanced at Mikey and made a face. "This is getting weird, man." He said.

"No shit." Frank snorted.

"I don't know if this has anything to do with the topic, but...where did you guys get injured in the first place? I saw you all were pretty messed up those couple of days ago." John asked.

Mikey felt like he wanted to hurl. "We, uh..." He got caught in his words.

"...Yeah?" John gestured for him to continue.

"Shit..." Mikey put his hand on the side of his head, he was getting a headache from trying to think of another excuse.

John looked at him and raised an eyebrow. Then he sighed and closed his eyes. "Alright, I think it's time you all tell me the truth." He said.

That, was when Mikey felt all of his words being thrown up into his mouth. "I can't do this...what do I do?! C'mon, Gerard, help me!" He thought.

"Our friend Maria here, and Gerard, got into a really bad argument about our situation, and about Raven." Frank started, putting his hand on Mikey's shoulder. "Things got worse and worse and Maria was the first to take a plunge at Gerard. We all tried to stop her, thus getting ourselves injured in the process." Frank said.

"Then how do you explain Mr.Bryar's bullet wound?" John pointed at Bob.

"Fuck...I forgot about that!" Frank thought. "Uh......" Was all Frank said.

John looked at him and then let out a heavy sigh as he punched a button on his walkie-talkie. "Alright. I'm afraid I'm going to have to arrest you." He said.

Frank's face went blue. "WHAT?! Why /me/!?" He shrieked.

"All of you!" John spat.

Ray groaned. "Oh, fuck, dude--"

In that split second, they heard people screaming, and running out of the hallway that lead to the patients' rooms. Nurses and doctors both scattered around the lobby, panicking.

"WE HAVE AN ESCAPEE!!" A guard shouted, running out and looking at John.

"What the /hell/?!" John said, irritably.

"RUN, GUYS!" Frank pushed Maria and Alexia as the group made a run for it.

"HEY, WAIT!" John spotted them running out the doors. He looked back and forth, not knowing which way to go. "Oh, FUCK!" He shouted, choosing to run with the guard to find the escapee. When they ran past Gerard's room, he stopped in his tracks and backed up. He looked inside and saw no one, but the nurse Kaylyyn, lying on the floor with blood scattered around her. Her mouth was barely open, and she was gasping. Though she lay there motionless on the floor, looking like she'd just been the victim of a murderer. John slowly took his footsteps closer towards her, as he kneeled down and looked at her face. He dared not to touch her face, so he tilted his and looked at her mouth, because that's where most of the blood was stained. He looked closer, and closer, as close as he could, until he finally saw something that he thought might be a clue.

"Oh my God..." He whispered.

Her teeth were sharp, and long. Longer than any human teeth. John stared longer than he should have. He was putting all the pieces together and finally realized who was killing all these people and leaving those particular markings on their necks.

"A...vampire?" He whispered, trying to look closer at her teeth.

In that moment, Kaylyyn blinked. It shocked John so bad that he fell backwards and landed on his rear.

"Yes..." Kaylyyn whispered. "...I have to find him..." She said, raising up.

"Who? What happened to you?! You need to go to the hospital!" John said.

"I'm not the one who needs to go to the hospital..." She said, her voice dark and hoarse.

Before he knew it, Kaylyyn lunged at him and left a puddle of blood surrounding them. All that was left was John's shouts and cries of pain as Kaylyyn slowly sucked the last bit of life from the officer.



Welcome to this institution,
One way to resolution,
I'm put on this medication,
Rolls right down my throat!
Sign up to rate and review this story