Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > When Every Star Falls

17: Run away, run away, I'll ATTACK!

by horuskitty 1 review

I promised you...I promised you...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Fantasy, Horror, Humor - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Warnings: [?] [V] - Published: 2007-06-28 - Updated: 2007-06-28 - 1815 words

0Unrated
Gerard ran blindly through the alleyways of New York. He didn't know where he was going, his vision was blurry, so he just let his feet take him wherever they were leading him. He panted and struggled not to stumble, he could hear snow crackling at his feet, he felt snowflakes fall on his cheeks, and he struggled against his straight jacket while doing so. He managed to get one belt unbuckled, as he stopped in his tracks and fussed at the buckles for his arms. He finally managed to yank the belt out of its buckle and he took off the jacket and tossed it across the ground. He decided it was time for a break, he was exhausted and he saw a huge red stain darkening the white ground beneath his feet. He soon remembered it was his own blood. He felt his neck, no holes were found. He searched around his collarbone, and found multiple claw marks around that area. He had been struggling against that Kaylyyn when she was trying to bite him, and bit him several times, but never managed to pierce his neck. Gerard didn't know if that was good or bad. He kept his hand on his collarbone and fell to the ground, his body freezing against the snow, but he didn't care at this point. He looked up and saw the trail of blood he'd left, running all the way from the hospital and sighed heavily.

"Oh, fuck, I was right..." He breathed. "...That bitch was a vampire...oh, God..." He panted, trying to catch his breath. "Oh, God, Mikey, I hope you're okay..." He said again.

His ears perked up as he heard shouting in the distance, he heard sirens wailing, he knew it was the cops after him. He jumped up and began to run as fast as he could, make any confusing turn, and gripping his chest, to try and stop the bleeding. He ran into the streets again, which was bad, because everyone could see him covered in blood. People screamed at him, he just kept running. He ran, and ran, until he couldn't run anymore. He turned left and ran down a deep alley way and slowed down to catch his breath again. He stopped, and kept hearing people screaming. He finally looked up, and was glad the place was empty. He'd stumbled upon one of the murder scenes of the recent girls who'd been killed. There was police tape everywhere. He waited a minute before deciding to enter, but at this point he just wanted to get away from everything. He crawled under the tape, and went further into the alley. He looked around as he saw blood scattered across the walls. There was a trail of it left behind, and he followed it. He followed it for a few minutes until he came to a corner, and could hear the paranoid, silent breathing of someone.

"What is that?" He thought. "Hello?" He said aloud, carefully stepping around the corner.


He found something that surprised him so badly, he could've sworn he felt his heart stop. He gasped and grabbed his shirt where his heart was, and stumbled backwards.

It was Eileen. There she was, sitting curled up into a ball in the corner of the end of the alley. A dead end. Her hair was hanging in front of her face, her arms raised high and were laying against the wall, and she was breathing shakily.

"Oh, God...it's you...Raven?" Gerard began to walk towards her slowly. "Is that you? Please tell me it's you..." He said again, getting even closer to her. He soon got close enough to where he reached out and pulled part of Eileen's hair out of her face and saw her blue eyes. This was definitely /Raven/. "Oh Christ, you're alive..." Gerard cried, running his fingers through her hair. "I thought I'd never see you again...I could've sworn you were--..." Gerard gulped.

He stared at her for a moment, she was shaking, as she looked into his hazel eyes once more, she sighed roughly, creating a whimper. "How did..." She tried to speak, she was trembling so violently."...How did you...find me?" She asked. "You shouldn't be here. They're looking for you..." She whispered. Before she could say anything else, she saw his chest, she gasped and tried to touch it, but Gerard grabbed her hand to stop her. "...Your chest...oh, God, Gee..."

"It's fine. I'm getting you out of here...I'm not leaving you behind again, I swear it." Gerard said. "I could've sworn you were... that you were dead... we tried looking for you again but I--, we...we couldn't find you...I thought you were dead." He whispered.

Eileen smiled so softly, it was hard to tell if she was even smiling or not. "Gerard...I am dead..." She whispered. "I'm a...fucking walking corpse...did you ever even feel any warmth coming from me? I'm...dead..." She said.

Gerard shook his head. "No..." he said. As a matter of fact, when he touched her face, she was cold as ice. Gerard thought his fingers were going to stick, but they didn't. Her skin may have been cold but it certainly wasn't ice. Gerard took his hand and placed it on her chest where her heart lay, and he looked back up at her. "But I can feel it there..." He said in a shaky whisper.

Eileen shook her head again. "Gerard...I'm begging you...as long as you, or any of the others are around me, you'll be in trouble-no, you'll be in /danger/." She said.

"But /why/?" Gerard asked.

Eileen just looked at him. "Because I was the one who killed all those people." She said. "When I escaped that street I was so drained of energy and blood that I had to feed on someone or something. I couldn't handle the urge...I couldn't resist it...it just took me over and I bit everyone of them and watched and felt them die." She cried.

Gerard closed his eyes and sighed. "Oh, God..." he whispered. "...You didn't..." He said.

Eileen nodded. "I did... they're looking for you. You need to leave." She said.

Gerard shook his head again. "No, I'm never leaving you again. I don't care what you say, I'm not leaving you." He said.

She kept shaking her head. "No, NO, you can't do that. You have to--"

Eileen was interrupted by loud wailing sirens and shouting. Gerard turned around and could hear them as well. He turned back to Eileen and grabbed her wrist and pulled her to her feet. "Come on, we need to go." He said.

"No." Eileen retorted.

"Look at me," Gerard said, pulling her close to him so she could see his eyes. "you're coming with me, whether you want to or not. I'm never leaving you behind again. I just couldn't live with it. None of us could." He said. Finally, Eileen gave up. She nodded as she finally steadied her feet and gripped his wrist as they made their way out of the alley.

Before they ran out into the light, Gerard spotted cops lined up across the street to their right. He heard the sirens getting louder and louder, and he decided to take a chance and run for it. "We need to be quick. C'mon." He said, as he and Eileen ran out and down the street. They suddenly heard someone shouting "There they go!" and Gerard and Eileen picked up their pace. Gerard quickly looked back and saw the cops chasing after them, he turned around and grabbed Eileen's hand and gripped it in his.

"Fuck! Keep up with me, Raven!" He shouted, feeling Eileen finally grip his hand as well.

"Get them!" Another officer shouted.

Gerard and Eileen ran as fast as they could, pushing through the crowds of New York. People were screaming left and right, seeing Gerard's chest. The blood was clearly visible since he was wearing a tight, white t-shirt, and it was ripped at the collar. Gerard began to feel them get closer, he closed his eyes for a split second and then opened them again. He made a sharp turn and ran straight across the street, causing cars to stop, leaving a loud shrieking noise, and horns honking. As they soon came to another corner, they saw police cars rushing up the streets straight towards them. Gerard stopped so quick he almost skid on his shoes.

"Fuck!" He shouted, turning around and heading another way. "Keep up with me, Angel." Gerard said.

"Uh, Gee...They're catching up!" Eileen yelped, turning around and seeing the horde of cops following them.

"They'll never get us, I promise." He said. He had no idea where he was going. He just wanted to get away from the red and blue flashing lights. He ran faster and faster, but trying to keep it to a minimum so Eileen could keep up, but he noticed she was doing just fine.

He kept running and running, making turns left and right, until he came to another corner and bumped into Frank so hard that it took them both to the ground.

"Frank!" Eileen shrieked.

The rest of the group came around and saw Eileen and Gerard.

"Gerard! What the fuck, man!?" Frank yelped, pushing Gerard off and getting to his feet.

"Frank? Guys? What're you doing here?!" Gerard said, backing up.

It took the group a minute or two before they could realize who they were looking at. They saw Raven, and she was alive. The other thing, was Gerard's chest.

"GERARD! What the /fuck/, man!? What happened to your chest?!" Mikey shouted.

"RAVEN!!" Maria screamed, running forward to hug her, until Gerard stopped her. "What's your problem, pendejo?!" She spat.

"There's no time for 'Oh my God, you're alive' stuff right now." He said. "What are you guys doing here and why?"

"We should be asking you that. Are you the escapee from the hospital?" Mikey asked.

"I suppose." Gerard said.

"The cops are trying to fucking arrest us because they think we're suspects now. Thanks to our wounds from that Cemetery Drive, they think that something might be going on." Frank said.

"Right, well, I wish I could talk right now but we're being chased by the cops ourselves." Gerard said, running straight past them.

"Well-hey, wait!" Frank turned and ran in Gerard and Eileen's direction.

"Sorry, time to go!" Gerard said, still holding Eileen's hand and keeping a good pace.

"Could you at least slow down?!" Frank said, trying to keep up.

Gerard continued on. "If we slow down, they'll get us!" He said. "Just keep up with me, I'll get us somewhere safe!" He assured them, leading them to wherever his thoughts would take him.


"Nowhere is safe anymore, Gerard...."
Sign up to rate and review this story