Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > When Every Star Falls

18: Stay out of the light

by horuskitty 1 review

You'll never take me alive, and I'm still here. Do what it takes to survive, and I'm still here.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Fantasy, Horror, Humor - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Warnings: [?] [V] - Published: 2007-07-01 - Updated: 2007-07-02 - 1695 words

0Unrated
The group ran so far they figured they'd been around the entire city now. They had to stop and rest, now. They'd been running for hours and were almost out of breath. The rest of the group just followed Gerard wherever he'd go, until they came to an abandoned construction site. It was getting dark again, so they decided that they'd be able to hide there. They ran inside of a run down building and searched the place to make sure there weren't any other people there. They scattered out in what they thought would've been the lobby of the building, and searched the area carefully. The wood was rotten, which gave the place that black, dark and light grey look to it. Bugs and other critters were scampering across the floor, making a tiny squeaking noise. The ceiling was halfway torn out, and the walls were shredded up as well. The place was torn to bits.

"Well," Gerard began, turning around. "I guess we can stay here until we figure out what to do about our situation." He said.

Mikey walked across the room, scooting his feet against the hardwood floor, as he approached his brother, he put his hand on his shoulder. "You're acting like you're sane again..." Mikey said softly. "Are you okay?" He asked, calmly.

Gerard looked over his shoulder at Mikey, looking into his brother's identical brown eyes, he let out a soft smile and nodded. "Yeah..." He whispered. "I'm okay...Mikey..." He whispered again, before putting his hand on top of Mikey's and clutching it with his fingers.

"How's your chest? It looks pretty bad...what happened?" Mikey asked.

Gerard began to speak, but it was then that Mikey and Gerard realized that they weren't paying enough attention to the crowded people around Eileen. She was receiving hugs and kisses and loads of "Oh, thank God you're alive!" being squealed about. The word "Raven" and "Alive" put together, shot down Gerard's spine and made him tremble. Because the fact that it wasn't true. Vampires are the walking human dead, having their own life and soul sucked out of them once they've been bitten by a vampire. Gerard didn't know what to believe. Since he was really the only one who knew most about her state, he didn't know what to think of it. When he and Eileen were in the elevator after it crashed, he saw her skin was so white, it seemed as if the blood on her lips were the only colored thing on her. And when he had put his hands on her face, her skin was freezing./ Literally/. But her skin was so soft, he wondered if he left his fingers on her for a little longer, would they stick?

Gerard turned around and looked at them. The expression on Eileen's face was still a little paranoid and worried, even though the rest of the group was loving on her. Mikey looked at Gerard and raised an eyebrow.

"Guys...I think she needs a break." Gerard said, looking back at the wall. In that second, he could really feel Maria turn around and give him a glare. The others, however, backed away and gave Eileen some personal space as he heard her say "Thank you" to them. "Let her rest." He said again, before walking off to find someplace to sit. He wandered about the area, knowing not to stray too far from the group, as he finally managed to find an old couch sitting in a corner, that was torn to pieces. He shrugged and sat down on it, knowing that there wasn't much of any other choice to sit on. He laid his head back and adjusted himself to where he could lay down. He lay there for a few minutes, listening to the shuffling of the other's feet, and his own quiet breathing. He soon felt Eileen walk into the same room as he was in, as he barely opened his eyes to find her exploring the room.

"Raven..." He whispered.

Eileen flipped her head around and saw Gerard lying on the couch. She walked over a bit hesitantly, and kneeled down beside him. "Yes?" She asked.

Gerard let out a soft sigh before replying. "Are you feeling any better?" He asked.

Eileen tilted her head, confused by his question. "What do you mean?" She asked.

"After biting all those people..." He said.

Eileen finally realized what he was asking and barely nodded. "Kind of..." She said.

Gerard went silent for a few seconds, and then closed his eyes. "Guess you were right..." He began. "...People do die if you bite them." He said.

"Yeah..." Eileen replied, looking at the floor. "Is your chest OK?" She asked, looking up at the huge blood stain on his shirt.

Gerard shrugged. "I'm fine, I guess." He said. "Some nurse back at the hospital was trying to bite me, I was trying to get away from her and she made several claw marks from her fangs on my collarbone." He said, placing his hand on his chest.

"Let me see." She asked.

"Huh?"

"Show me."

Gerard sat up and pulled down the rest of his torn collar to show her the markings. Some of them looked like claw marks, the others, were just holes that didn't really make it all the way through his skin. Eileen's expression wasn't happy.

"What?" Gerard asked, worried.

Eileen shook her head, not wanting to reply.

"What is it." Gerard asked firmly, his voice a bit flat.

Eileen sighed softly. "I don't know how deep those holes are..." She said. "It's really a good thing that she didn't pierce a vein in your neck, or you'd be dead by now." She looked at him. "We need to get that fixed...badly. Or it'll get infected." Eileen said.

Gerard managed to chuckle lightly. "We said that about Bob."

"But Bob got proper treatment. Right now we can't go out where there's a lot of people." She shook her head. "Take off your shirt." She said.

"Um...what?" Gerard asked, making a weird face.

Eileen punched him on the knee. "Stop that! I said take off your shirt. It's the only bandage we've got right now." She spat, her cheeks flooding red and pink.

"No way! Get something else, I need this shirt!" Gerard said, hugging himself.

"Take it off, Gerard!" Eileen said, getting irritated.

"I said no!" He protested.

"HEY! If you're gonna have a strip-tease in there then go do it where we can't hear you!" Frank shouted from the other side of the wall. Eileen and Gerard looked away from each other, both drowning their faces in red and pink blurs on their cheeks.

"Gerard, just take the damn thing off. Either that or you'll have nothing to stop it from bleeding." Eileen said again, keeping her head turned away from him.

Gerard sighed. "Fine." He mumbled before pulling his shirt off and handing it to Eileen. "Here."

Eileen took his shirt and nodded. "Thank you." She said. After that, she began to rip his shirt in half, his jaw dropped, not knowing what she was doing to his shirt. When she was done she scooted closer to him and held up the torn shirt. "I need to wrap this around your chest. It might sting a bit, but just hold still." She said. Gerard nodded and gestured for her to continue. She wrapped her arms around him and began to wrap the cloth around his chest and over his shoulder, when she was done, she tied the ends into a tight knot and then scooted back to sit down.

Gerard then adjusted himself to lay back down again, as he turned his head and closed his eyes. "Thanks." He said, amiably.

A soft smile spread across Eileen's lips as she nodded and rose to her feet. "Don't mention it." She said, walking out of the room.

~~~~~

The group rested for a few hours. All the time which they weren't even found by the cops. They had time to get some sleep. They were starving but they really didn't have a choice. The only thing that made them uncomfortable was being around a vampire Eileen that could feed off of any of them if she got hungry enough. Some had their doubts, and some had their trust, but again, they didn't want to just leave their Eileen out in the middle of nowhere. Gerard started feeling weird a few times, but pushed it aside. He also felt as if they were being watched a few more times, this was something he couldn't push aside. The feeling made him so paranoid that he wanted everyone sleeping in the same room together, to prevent them from getting split up if something happened. Everyone let Gerard sleep on the couch he was previously in, while the rest agreed to sleep on the floor. There wasn't much other furniture, since this place was rather abandoned pretty well and had been abandoned for quite a while now. It was now pitch black outside, it was getting close to 11:00 and everyone were still in their exact same spots as they were when they first laid down to rest. Gerard was left in silence for so long, that he'd been given too much time to think. He began thinking about vampires, not just Eileen, but other vampires. He was thinking about that Kaylyyn that tried to bite him. He was also thinking of ways to cure Eileen. If there was even a way to cure her. The chances were grim, but he was in deep thought about it. He hadn't remembered any movie, comic book, video game or story of a vampire being cured and being turned back into a /human/.

"...No, it's impossible..." He thought, rolling over on the couch.

He then rolled over again and locked eyes on the back of Eileen's head on the floor. Hearing Frank mutter things in his sleep, and Ray rolling over and continuing his snoring. He kept thinking that there might be a way for her to become human again.


But as said before...the chances were grim.
Sign up to rate and review this story