Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > When Every Star Falls

19: Dark City

by horuskitty 0 reviews

We're holding hands with Dark Light...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Fantasy, Horror, Humor - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Warnings: [?] [V] - Published: 2007-07-02 - Updated: 2007-07-02 - 2164 words

0Unrated
Gerard woke up in a shock...he suddenly got the feeling that he was being watched again. He looked back at the floor and saw everyone in the exact same place they'd been...how many hours ago? He hadn't been able to keep track of time.

"What the fuck...what time is it?" He thought, scratching his head.

He looked about in a paranoid manner, he fucking knew he was being watched! He could feel it! He even heard footsteps in the distance. That was it. The hairs on the back of his neck were rising and he was paranoid enough already. He jumped off the couch and woke up Frank first.

"Frank! Frank, wake your ass up!" He said, shaking him.

"What--what?! What is it?!" Frank leapt up.

"I think we're being watched...we need to fucking move..." He said, then running over to wake the others.

"Wait.../what/? You think we're being /watched/?" Frank asked, getting to his feet.

"I said before: I don't /think/! I /know/! Everyone wake the fuck up!" Gerard shouted and then clapping his hands together to make the loudest noise he could.

"What the hell?! What was that--gunfire?!" Eileen jumped up and clamped her arms around Frank's leg.

"It's not gunfire! Get up...we need to leave, right now!" Gerard urged them, looking all over the room. Everyone got to their feet as quick as possible, taking Gerard's panic as a bad sign. "Hurry up...I can hear footsteps..." He said, leading them out.

"Gerard, wait!" Eileen said, running up to him and grabbing his arm.

"What is it, we have to go!" He said.

"...I can feel someone here..." She said.

"...What?" Gerard turned around and looked at her.

"......There is someone else here......I can feel them......It's another vampire!" Eileen said, looking up at him, her eyes wide and fearful.

When Gerard looked up, he'd meant to look at one of the others, but instead something caught his eye further back. He'd suddenly spotted a dark face hiding in the shadows far down the hallway. Gerard felt his heart skip a beat.

"RUN!!" He yelped, grabbing Eileen's arm and leading them out.

The farther they ran, the louder they could hear the footsteps. Until finally...they came to the door that lead outside. Until a dark figure leapt in front of Gerard, blocking the path to the door.

"Uh, uh, uh, darling..." The figure waved an index finger at them.

"Raven, get back..." Gerard pushed her into the middle of the group where they all surrounded her.

"Who the fuck are you and what do you want?" Alexia snapped.

"You know who I am." The figure said, tilting its head.

Gerard twitched at this figure...it was small and slim. It looked like a female...the hair on the back of Gerard's neck rose even higher, his tension began to build up, he knew who this was, and it really hit the spot in his mind.

"I'm here to take you back." The figure came out of the shadows, and everyone got a good view of who it was. She was dressed in a black and wine red corset, a rose planted in the middle at the top of it, a short black skirt, long black gloves that rose above her elbows, and a choker with another rose on it. She had long bright red hair that came below her shoulders, bright golden eyes, and a smile that they soon didn't forget.

"It's the red-head from the hospital!" Frank spat.

"Y'think?" Maria rolled her eyes towards him.

"I'm only here for one of you." Kaylyyn said, pointing at Gerard.

"Stay the fuck away from me..." Gerard replied angrily, backing up with each tiny step Kaylyyn took towards them.

"You shouldn't be out here, love...you need to go back..." She said, grinning at him.

"Don't call me that...keep your distance, I fucking mean it!" Gerard shouted this time.

"Or you'll do /what/, human?!" She spat. Everyone's ears perked up at her remark.

"You tried to fucking kill me, stay away..." Gerard said.

"You're the cause of that wound on my brother's chest!!" Mikey shouted angrily.

"He wouldn't sit still. I was trying to change him. Not kill him." She said.

"You'll never get me alive..." Gerard muttered, before grabbing Eileen and taking off running again. "Follow me!"

Everyone followed him, and it wasn't long before they made it outside. And it also wasn't long before Kaylyyn caught up with them and appeared right in front of the group.

"We can do this the easy way, or the hard way, love!" She said, eyeing Gerard.

"Damn it!!" Gerard thought, leading the group in another direction.

Before they knew it, Gerard had accidentally stumbled back into Cemetery Drive, the next part was in slow motion in Gerard's mind. He tried to stop running, and before he realized it, Kaylyyn tackled him to the cold ground. She dug her sharp nails into his shoulders, which left blood trailing down them.

"Gerard!" Mikey shouted, heading to aid his brother.

"NO!! Fucking run! Get out of here and get the girls somewhere safe!!" Gerard shouted, gripping Kaylyyn's wrists in pain. "AAAAaagh, FUCKING RUN/!!! GET /OUT OF HERE!!!" Gerard cried in pain.

The group took one final minute to stare down Gerard and Kaylyyn, who kept digging her fingers into Gerard's skin.

"I'm not leaving him! He's my brother!!" Mikey cried out, only to have Ray grab his arm.

"We have to go! That chick is a vampire...we can't fight her!" Ray said, tugging Mikey as hard as he could. "MIKEY!!"

"HE'S MY FUCKING BROTHER!!!" Mikey was finally crying his eyes out. "I'M NOT LEAVING HIM!!!"

Gerard felt Mikey's pain, which seemed to trail down Gerard's cheeks now. He continued to let out wails of pain as Kaylyyn continued to torture him. "MIKEY......" Gerard cried. "...GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!!" He screamed.

"Oh, God..." Mikey panicked, desperately wanting to lunge forward and knock that girl to the ground.

"GO!! PLEASE!!" Gerard wailed.

"I can't...I..." Mikey shook his head, until Eileen was the one to grab him this time.

"Mikey..." She said, pulling his arm back. He saw the same expression on her face as his, she nodded back towards the exit, not being able to speak. She didn't know what to say at this point.

Mikey realized he had to give up. He let the group drag him out of Cemetery Drive and back into the city. They soon vanished into the white fog, and Gerard finally felt as if he'd done something good/. He was able to get the group /out of Cemetery Drive. Although he was still stuck inside.

"OH, GOD......" Gerard groaned loudly. "...How much longer are you gonna do this to me?" He groaned again.

"Until your vision goes black." She said, grinning at him.

"...If you're gonna fucking kill me then do it already..." He said hoarsely.

"No, dear..." She said. "I'm trying to keep you /alive/."

"What?" Was the last thing Gerard said before his eyes shut.

"Just sleep..." She hummed to him, as she said, his vision went black, and he was out cold.



~~~~~~~


The group scrambled off to wherever they could go. They ran blindly...now that they left Gerard behind. They ran past trees, hedges, and finally stumbled upon a dark city. Though at this point they were too angry and confused to care.

"Oh God..." Frank muttered breathlessly.

The sky was as dark as the midnight sky, lights lit up the scenery, and stars trickled across the sky. This looked very much like New York at night...there were still people on the streets, and the city looked /huge/.

"Wait a minute...didn't we--"

"This isn't New York." Eileen muttered.

"What?" Ray looked at her.

"This isn't New York," Eileen repeated. "We're still in Cemetery Drive. Well we /were/, but we've crossed over somewhere else..."

"Looks like NY to me..." Frank said.

"Whatever..." Eileen mumbled.

"We need to find some place to stay instead of hanging out on the streets...New York or not, this place still looks dangerous." Ray said.

"Why don't we find some weapons so we can go back and save my /brother/?!" Mikey spat.

"Mikey..." Eileen began.

"No! I'm tired of all this damn sympathy crap! I'm tired of running away! That's all we've done is run! What have we accomplished since we began running? Look; Eileen's a vampire now! I've lost my brother, we're all injured in every possible way, and now we're being chased by the cops because they think we're a bunch of murderers!!!" Mikey was drifting into a breakdown.

Eileen grabbed Mikey's wrist and shushed him. "Hush...we're gonna be okay, I promise." She said.

Mikey just shook his head and began to walk off.

"Did you guys say someone was a vampire?"

The group heard a female voice and they all turned around to see a young woman with short hair, dark clothes, and spikes on every inch of her.

"Who are you?" Alexia asked, stepping forward.

"I've never seen you guys around here before.../you/ must be the vampire everyone's referring to." She said, pointing at Eileen. "I should be asking that question, by the way." She smiled.

The group looked at one another.

"I'm sorry...where are my manners...welcome to Dark City. Since you guys are new here, you should get a proper greeting." She said, walking a bit closer to them. "My name is Leslie. In case you haven't noticed, I'm a vampire...everyone in this city is either a vampire or a non-human creature."

"And...what other creatures...does that include?" Frank asked.

"Oh, you know, werewolves, witches, ghosts, zombies, all that stuff." She said.

The group looked at each other again.

"You guys can stay at my place, it's not far." She said, gesturing for them to follow her.

"I don't know..." Bob said, looking at Alexia and Maria.

"S'cuse use for a minute..." Eileen said as they stepped back and huddled into a circle.

"What should we do? We can't just trust this girl...she looks like a friggin' teenager!" Frank said.

"She is a teenager..." Eileen rolled her eyes.

"How can you tell all these things?" Maria asked.

"Because I'm a vampire, dammit! I can sense these things..." She said. "Look...we have no where else to go...let's just check it out and see if it's okay...if the place looks too...um.../dangerous/, then we'll bail. Okay?" Eileen said.

The group nodded and walked back to Leslie.

"Okay, lead the way." Alexia said.

Mikey and Eileen went to the back of the group and kept an eye ahead.

"You're crazy...this city looks dangerous already!" Mikey said.

"Well, d'you want to sleep on the ground then?" Eileen asked.

"This place just doesn't--" Mikey cut himself off. "How the hell did this stuff even get here?! We're supposed to be in fucking New York city! This is like some weird Silent Hill story come to life!" Mikey exclaimed in a whisper.

"I don't know..." Eileen said, clasping her hands together. "...But this is all we've managed to find out so far. I'm sure we'll find out more later on..." She said.

"I don't think I want to find out more." Mikey groaned.


~~~~~~~


Gerard felt like he was being choked. He gasped and gasped for air, but he couldn't get any oxygen into his lungs.
He then heard something snap.
A cord?
He couldn't make out what it was...but suddenly he could breathe again.

"Hello, darling..." A woman's voice came. "...I see you're awake."

"Where am I?" Gerard asked in a hoarse whisper.

"That's not important right now..." She said. "You're doing just fine."

"Doing--...what?" Gerard said. He was barely awake.

"Oh, dear...looks like the drugs are still in effect." She said. "You will become one of us."

"Fuck off..." Gerard muttered, dizzily rolling his head left and right.

The woman laughed. "Oh, you have such a mouth." She giggled. "This is what you wanted...isn't it?" She asked.

"Where is my brother...and my friends..." Gerard asked.

"They are not here..."

"What do you mean that 'This is what I wanted'?" Gerard asked, blinking.

"As your song goes, love..." The woman began humming. "Vampires will never hurt you...but I might..."

Gerard blinked at her answer. His vision became brighter, and he began to feel himself coming back. "Make sense, damn it..."

"That's the best I can do, dear..." She said. "...I will change you, one way or another..."

"Not if I don't want to..." He said.

"But this is what you wanted, is it not?" She asked again.

"What do you fucking mean!?"

"I cannot tell you right now...I have to prepare." She said.

"Just...tell me...are my brother and my friends okay?" He asked.

"They are alive." She replied before disappearing into the darkest light Gerard had seen before.
Sign up to rate and review this story