Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > When Every Star Falls

20: Dark City pt.II

by horuskitty 1 review

"Can you cure me?"

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Fantasy, Horror, Humor - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Warnings: [?] [V] - Published: 2007-07-02 - Updated: 2007-07-02 - 2147 words

0Unrated
"Damn it, Karissa, stop smoking!" Leslie shouted at the dark figure sitting behind a corner table.

The building that the group had entered was very comfortable though there were certain rooms where people smoked, it was a very nice apartment though...and it had black and white marble all throughout the halls. There were offices that had black carpet, nice desks, computers, and lined with grey and black walls. Different potted plants were placed at the corners in some of the hallways and large rooms to decorate the area, the place looked very futuristic, and yet it looked normal.
Needless to say...the place didn't look dangerous at all.

"Whoa..." Frank muttered.

"This place is..." Eileen trailed off.

"...Nice?" Leslie finished for her.

"Yeah......" She replied.

"And this is YOUR place?!" Ray asked, coming up from behind them.

"Not the entire building!" Leslie cackled. "This is an apartment...well, most of it is. It has offices on a few floors for people to work in."

"Offices?"

"Some people call them the game rooms...other computers are used for work." Leslie said.

They soon felt very comfortable about their surroundings, but there were still precautions to take. And they were still a bit nervous. They tried to ignore the woman that Leslie shouted at in the corner, who was smoking and kept staring at the group. She looked as if she'd lost weeks of sleep. She had fancy exotic jewelry on her from head to toe, she had long black, wavy hair, piercing green eyes, and a cigarette stuck in her mouth. She looked like a gypsy gone wrong.

"Come on, guys. Don't bother with her." Leslie said, gesturing for them to follow her.

In that instant, the woman jumped up and stared at Eileen like she was dinner. Eileen jumped at this and hid behind Bob. The woman slowly began to come out of her booth, still staring at Eileen. "You!" She exclaimed, pointing a finger at the young girl. "You're a vampire..." She said, getting closer to them. "I know who you are...and the man who was with you...I can see it all in your eyes..." She continued to speak, as if she was possessed. "...That man is going to die...and you are to go with him...I can see it all...all of you have a terrible fate awaiting you! All of you are the plague among us others!" She began to shout, until Leslie came up from behind her and dragged her back to her seat, lit another cigarette for her, and sat her down as the woman took the cigarette and stuck it in her mouth.

"It's them, child, it's them!" She shouted.

"Shut up! That's enough of your cracked up fortune telling, Karissa." Leslie barked at her. "Don't mind her, she's been on drugs for nearly two weeks now."

"No shit..." Frank spat.

"What is she supposed to be?" Ray asked, following Leslie down the hallway.

"She's a gypsy. Er.../was/. She's been on drugs for nearly two weeks since she was fired." Leslie explained. "Basically, she's a drug addict." She said.

"Oh." Was all the group could say.

Leslie finally brought them to their room, she opened the door and lead them inside. The room was nice. It had the same interior as the outside did. They had a huge window in front of them, giving them a beautiful view of the Dark City's skyline. They had a desk with a computer, keyboard, mouse, and printer sitting on it. Nice black leather lounge chairs and couch, a big TV sitting right in front of the couch, with a grey cabinet next to it. A doorway leading to the kitchenette. A hallway leading to a dead end, with two doors on both sides of the walls. Supposedly their bedrooms. And a small table in the corner of the living room for them to eat at.

They liked their room.

"Well, this is it. Sorry, it's a little fancy." Leslie said.

"This is...awesome!" Frank jumped and ran to check out the bedrooms.

"Frank! We're not here for relaxation!" Ray ran after him.

"This place strangely reminds me of a level from one of the Tomb Raider games." Eileen said, completely settling in on her surroundings.

"So..." Leslie began before sitting in the chair behind the computer desk. "...Who are you guys?"

"We're from New York." Eileen began.

"I'd figured out that much..." Leslie scoffed. "...The only way here is through Cemetery Drive. And the only way through Cemetery Drive is through New York." She said.

"What the hell is this place?! What is Cemetery Drive, and how'd it get here?! How come no one has ever set foot in this place before?!" Mikey snapped.

"Woah, slow down there!" Leslie leaned forward. "Too many questions at one time, sweetie." She said. "I'll answer your questions if you answer mine."

Eileen nodded in response, not waiting for Mikey to answer.

"Again...who and what are you guys?" She asked again.

"I'm Eileen, and...yes...I'm the vampire that everyone's referring to." Eileen said.

"Raven, I don't--" Mikey began, but Eileen cut him off.

"Who's Raven?" Leslie raised an eyebrow.

"My nickname." Eileen said. After that, Eileen looked at Mikey and nodded towards Leslie. He just sighed and followed her gesture.

"I'm Mikey. This is Bob, and the other two that ran down the hallway are Frank and Ray. Frank is the one with the short black hair. And this is Maria and Alexia." Mikey introduced everyone.

"Wait a minute...are the four of you men from a band called My Chemical Romance?" Leslie asked.

They all looked at each other strangely.

"Yes..." Mikey answered.

In that moment, Leslie burst out laughing. "I thought you looked familiar!! My God, this makes all of this an honor..." She said. They just kept looking at her strangely. "What? You think all of your fans are just humans? You have fans in this city too, you know..." Leslie looked at them and grinned.

"Right then...um...nice to meet you then..." Mikey said, Leslie nodded, still giggling.

"And...you are all humans...besides Eileen..." Leslie asked.

"Is that a bad thing?" Bob asked.

"Hmm...could be. Depends on what your purpose here is." She said.

"We don't have any purpose here. We're just running away from cops who think we're murderers and we're trying to protect Eileen from them! Plus my brother was attacked by another vampire and he's still back in Cemetery Drive!" Mikey said.

"I wondered where that blonde headed boy was..." Leslie said, placing a finger on her lips and thinking. "I might be able to help you...but I'm still going to need more information." She said.

"Fine. We'll tell you everything if you answer our questions." Mikey said. Leslie nodded. "Again: what the hell is this place and how did it get here?" He asked.

"Dark City has been here for as long as I know. Which is a pretty damn long time. It can go back hundreds of years." Leslie said.

"So basically it's just like any other city on earth?" Bob said.

"Quite. Except back then this city was a place for us vampires, witches and demons to hide from people slaying us. This city was formed by dark magic, so it's completely hidden from the outside world you humans live in." She said. "The only reason you were able to enter Cemetery Drive was because of Eileen being a vampire."

"But...we didn't have Eileen with us when we entered it." Mikey said.

Leslie paused for a minute and stared blankly at Mikey. She then laughed. "That's impossible. No human can enter that street unless they have a vampire or some other creature with them from this city."

"That's why we went into Cemetery Drive. Eileen was somehow transforming into a vampire and she ran away. We entered Cemetery Drive and wound up being kidnapped by I don't know what!" Mikey snapped. "Not to mention we were tortured too!"

"Cemetery Drive is protected by vampires, to prevent any intruder from coming in...or out." Leslie said. "I'm terribly sorry you were taken to the dungeons and tortured." She put a hand on her head and groaned.

"Dungeons!?!" Frank snapped, stumbling into the living room and falling face forward into the floor.

"The dungeons is where we take human intruders. We have that kind of security system to prevent any human from coming in to slay us. If the human that comes in through Cemetery Drive is innocent and has no idea where they are, then they are turned into a vampire, witch, werewolf, whatever, to prevent them from running back out and telling other people about this place. That all depends on their mind though...if they're highly paranoid and look like the kind of person to tell the truth off, but they have a weak mind, then we'll erase their memories. But if they have a strong mind, they're turned into a different creature. Now if they enter here and they DO want to kill us, then we execute them."

The group was silent after this.

"But...you said that it was impossible for a human to enter here unless they had another creature with them." Maria pointed out.

"Yes. Exactly what I meant. If a person from here crosses into your city, a human could capture the creature and make it tell them where our city is. But that's only if someone knows about this place. But it's impossible for a regular human to completely walk in here. Now a human that might have vampire or werewolf or some other kind of genes in them, then they could pass through no problem." Leslie said.

"But...who..." Eileen trailed off, looking at the group. "There's no way one of us could have any other kind of gene in ourselves." Eileen said.

"Again. Impossible. One of you has some sort of demon gene in you." Leslie said, rising up.

"But who would have it? I feel just fine..." Mikey said, placing his hands on his chest and looking down.

"We'll have to run some tests on you guys to find out. You have to find out or you'll be just like Eileen." Leslie said, pointing at her.

"What's that supposed to mean? Are you saying I have vampire genes in me, and that's why I turned?" Eileen asked.

"Possibly. You weren't bitten, no?" Leslie asked, looking at Eileen's neck.

"No. One day I woke up with a headache then my jaw begins to hurt then the next thing I know I have fangs." Eileen said. "Plus I began to behave like a vampire too. Except for the whole 'feeding for blood' thing. That came later on when I was drained of energy and hungry as hell."

"Yep. I'm pretty sure you have vampire genes in you. That's happened to people before. But when they change, they come to live here because people get curious about their fangs and sudden change in schedule and so they run away to Dark City. They don't want to be staked or burned, you know."

"But how do we even get these genes without knowing it?" Bob asked.

"It comes from your ancestors. One of your ancestors could have been a werewolf, a witch, vampire...the genes are passed down to certain people. Not everyone in the family gets the gene. I don't know how that happens but I know it's true, because my brother and mother are human. They're really the only humans in this entire city." Leslie said. "I know I'm right when I say that one of you has some sort of demon gene in you. You may not feel it now but you will soon." She said.

"I want to find out soon so we can be prepared." Mikey said. Leslie nodded.

"One more thing..." Eileen began. "...Is there any way for you to cure me? That I might be able to become human again?" Eileen asked.

Leslie just looked at her. "...I'm not sure. I believe there is but I'll have to do some research in the lab." She said.

Eileen nodded with hope. "Thank you."

"And one more question, you said your brother was attacked by another vampire...can you tell me what it looked like?" Leslie asked.

"She was supposedly a nurse at the mental hospital in New York. She had bright golden eyes, long red hair, pale skin, slim build." Mikey said.

Leslie paused. "I think I already know who you mean...was her name Kaylyyn?" She asked.

Mikey nodded.

"Uh-/huh/...right then." She nodded, looking at him. "I'm going to go down to the lab and look to see if there's any cure for Eileen. Make yourself at home." And with that, Leslie left and muttered "Promiscuous bitch..." before she exited the room.
Sign up to rate and review this story