Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > When Every Star Falls

21: From the earth to the morgue

by horuskitty 0 reviews

Can't sleep...vampires will attack me...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Fantasy, Horror, Humor - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Warnings: [?] [V] - Published: 2007-07-06 - Updated: 2007-07-07 - 1973 words

0Unrated
Hours had passed since the group ran into this mysterious Dark City, Leslie had taken the group down to the labs for testing to find out which had demon genes in them. And she promised Eileen that she would search for a cure afterwards. Mikey was last to be tested, and he wasn't too keen on being tested, having seen what the others had to go through. They had to be put on an IV, and lie down on a bed inside of a huge cylinder shaped scanner. They had to have a whole bunch of monitors attached to them, all over their chest and stomach. As they were placed inside the scanner, they waited.

Mikey lied down and waited for them to stick each monitor on him, they were freezing and made him tremble. They finally stuck an IV in him and he was ready to be scanned, while Eileen and Bob watched from behind a window in the control room.

"So far...I'm beginning to think it's Mikey..." Leslie said. "None of you guys showed up positive for any demon genes." She shook her head.

"If it IS Mikey, then we'll know what we have to deal with. The only thing that worries me is what kind of demon genes he'll have in him." Bob said.

"There's a small chance it'll be anything horrific...like a werewolf or something..." Leslie said, punching buttons in front of her.

Eileen could see that Mikey was scared to death. Though she waited patiently for the results. Even if he did have demon genes in him...what kind would it be? Would he be a vampire...or a werewolf? In the time that it took them to test everyone else, Leslie pointed out that a vampire, werewolf, and just a bonafied demon were the worst genes to have. That still made Eileen tense up, but she had Bob there, gripping her hand, and keeping her calm. If Mikey had these genes in him, when would he turn? If he had werewolf genes...Eileen didn't even want to think about the outcome of that. If he had vampire genes, he'd just become a bloodsucking-murderer like Eileen. If he had actual demon genes in him...

Either way...there was no real happy way for it to end for him if he had any genes in him.

"I still don't get it..." Eileen shook her head. "...Why wouldn't our parents...or our grandparents...or some relative tell us that we had these genes?" Eileen asked.

Leslie just looked at her. "Because they could possibly not know that the gene was ever in the family. Meaning they don't even know that such a thing can happen."

"So...they too, could get it without warning?"

"Yes. That's why Dark City was made by dark magic, it will only appear to those who have a gene in them. Those who lose their minds and don't make it to Dark City, well......they just don't have a very happy ending." Leslie said, shaking her head.

Finally, Mikey was through the testing and the results were coming in.

"Alright, I've got his results." Leslie said, typing up something into the computer as the results slowly poured in.
Everyone waited patiently, and a little impatiently for the results. It scanned through slowly until finally...

Leslie sighed and shook her head.

"I don't--...then who is it?!" Eileen snapped.

"Mikey doesn't have any genes..." Leslie whispered, placing a finger to her lips and began thinking again.

"Well?" Mikey asked, slowly making his way into the control room.

"...Mikey..." Leslie began. "...You don't have any." She said, rising up out of her seat.

At first, Mikey cheered "YES..." but then realized what this meant. "...I mean.........oh, God..."

"Mikey, I think your brother may have the genes..."

~~~~~

Gerard woke up feeling very cold. No, he was /freezing/. He slowly opened his eyes and tried to see what his eyes were letting him see...just a bunch of blobs. His vision was blurry until he blinked all the sleep out of his eyes, he groaned and adjusted his shoulders and neck a bit. He felt like he was naked, and he darn well was. He felt a light sheet covering him from underneath his shoulders, all the way below his feet. He also felt another sheet beneath him that was freezing cold.

"AAH!" He jerked forward, aware of the fact that he was naked. He quickly pulled the cover up around his shoulders as he looked around to gather in on his surroundings. From what he'd seen, it looked as if he was in a morgue. The wall in front of him was lined up with small metal doors and had small white cards on them with a bunch of numbers and possibly the names of the bodies. That was it...he knew he was in a morgue. He looked behind him shakily and saw the same rows of small, box sized metal doors. The hallway he was in was huge, both width, and height were huge. It was dark, yet it was lit up with an eerie bluish glow, which seemed to make the hall even creepier.

"...Fuck..." He muttered. He felt like he was in one of the Alien movies. "...I've gotta get outta here..." He muttered again.

He jumped up off the cold, metal bed he was in and took off running, keeping the sheet completely wrapped around him. He had no idea where he was going...as long as he got out of there. He'd had enough of morgues lately. He continued to run as far as he could, he was silhouetted against the bright blue light at the end of the hall, and he figured that Kaylyyn was nearby somewhere. He soon began to see a large door, and he ran even faster. But then...for some reason...he felt weary. He soon felt drugged, and before he knew it, his eyes rolled back into his head and he fell straight into a corner at the end of the hall. He groaned, and crawled into the corner, wrapping the sheet completely around his body again, as he balled up into the corner. He didn't move. Couldn't move. Someone or something was telling him to stay. He didn't like that feeling and struggled to fight against it.

"I'm not gonna--......--I'm not gonna lose it again......" He said as he shook his head dizzily, his eyes still rolled back. He felt like someone was inside his head.

And he knew damn well it was the /red-head/.

"You've already lost it, sweetie." He heard a voice in his head.

"Get out of my head, bitch..." He groaned, trying to get back up.

"That's not possible. I can see you everywhere." The voice said again.

Gerard finally managed to get to his feet. He wasn't going to let her knock him down again. "You won't be able to if I rip out your eyes..." He muttered.

"All you're doing is walking towards your death."

"Fuck off..." He said, slapping his hand on the door handle, trying not to put too much weight on it. "...I swear to God I'm going to kill you for this..." He said.

Gerard opened the door and saw a locker room in front of him. He shook his head as if he was a soaked dog, and he finally heard the voice stop, and he could feel himself coming back. He rushed in and dug through all the clothes, to find some that fit him. He kept digging, until he came across a locker that had the right sized clothes in it. He found a black leather jacket, black t-shirt, fingerless gloves, black leather pants, and boots.

"This guy must be a biker..." Gerard thought, pulling on one of the gloves. He quickly dressed before someone walked in, he tossed the white sheet aside, and made a run for the exit.

Gerard burst out of the door and found he was in a completely different environment. It looked as if he was in New York, it was dark outside, lights lit up every inch of the sky and street. People were everywhere, except there were people that looked like half-werewolves, some were dressed as if they were witches, others dressed like full blown goths, the streets didn't look anything like the streets of New York. Gerard was completely speechless. He was just gaping as the people walked past him as if he didn't exist, and he just dropped his shoulders in exasperation and decided to figure out where the hell he was until he decided to go inside anywhere.

"Before you run off crying to your brothers and sister..." The voice suddenly came back. "...Look at your shoulders."

Gerard raised an eyebrow and quickly made his way down a nearby alley. He took off his jacket and lifted up the sleeves on his shirt, and saw no claw marks, no holes, not even a scar or trace of blood. On both shoulders. He was completely healed.

"What the /fuck/?" He whispered.

"You know--..." A voice came behind him.

"AAH!" He yelped and spun around, putting his jacket back on.

"...--If you're going to go out around a place you don't know then you should at least have a guide." He saw Kaylyyn standing there, in a tan colored trench coat, tight black jeans that were stuffed inside high heeled black velvet boots. She had her hands in her coat pockets, and her hair was pulled back into a ponytail...though it really didn't matter because the length of her hair still looked the same.

"What the /fuck/?! Stay the hell away from me or I swear to God--"

"Shut up!!" She shouted. Gerard shrank back. "I'm not going to hurt you, for christ's sake." She said, annoyed.

"You fucking hurt me earlier." Gerard replied.

"That was merely because you were out of control. If you hadn't been scampering around like a flea on a dog then I might've taken you without harming you." She said. Gerard scoffed at this.

"Just what the hell do you want from me?" He said, leaning against the dumpster behind him and placing a hand on his forehead.

"Nothing. I'm trying to help you, sweetie." She said, teasingly.

"Help me? You're trying to help me and you attacked me like a wild animal, dug your fucking nails into my shoulders, kidnapped me and put me inside a morgue?" Gerard said. "You're fucking crazy." He said, shaking his head. "Hey..." Gerard began as he took off his jacket and showed her his shoulders. "...Explain this, would'ja?"

Kaylyyn stepped forward and took a close look at both shoulders, she pulled back and stared at him. "I did not do that." She shook her head gently, looking at him.

"Pardon?" He asked.

"That was you." She said, nodding towards him.

Gerard shook his head and looked at her like she was crazy. "Man...you are crazy." He chuckled softly. "How the hell could I do that. I'm a fucking human, I can't heal that fast, lady." Gerard said, tapping his finger on his forehead once.

"There's your problem, stupid." She said, pushing his shoulder. "I need to educate you. Come with me, and I'll explain everything."

"And where is this leading to?" Gerard asked, following her.

"Oh, you'll see. The first thing I believe I should tell you, is that this isn't New York." She said, awaiting his response.

"....../What?/" Gerard looked at her as if she'd lost it.

"I'll tell you about the city first." She replied. "Then I'll tell you about /you/." She said, looking at him.

"/Me/?" Gerard asked.

"Yes, you/. I think you'll find yourself rather /interesting after I tell you everything." She said, turning her head back, but eyeing him and grinning slightly.
Sign up to rate and review this story