Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > When Every Star Falls

22: We'll meet again...

by horuskitty 1 review

...when both our hearts collide.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Crossover, Fantasy, Horror, Humor - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Warnings: [?] [V] - Published: 2007-07-06 - Updated: 2007-07-07 - 2437 words

0Unrated
"You've got to be fucking kidding me." Gerard said, placing a hand to his forehead.

"No, I'm not. Everything I just told you is true." Kaylyyn said.

Kaylyyn had explained everything; about the city, and about Gerard. About herself, and about how Eileen turned. Gerard was stunned, speechless, and above all else...frightened. He had said before that he wouldn't mind being a vampire...well he got his wish. But now, he was having certain doubts about it. He was beginning to feel frightened, not knowing what to do. He was running into the same problems that Leslie had said how most of the people who found out they had these genes would react to it. He didn't know what to do. He didn't have a choice.

"You're not near the stage of turning into a full vampire yet...but it's still coming soon, and you'll have to be cautious, because there are certain things that can make you turn quicker." Kaylyyn said.

"Like what?" He asked.

"Like another vampire biting you. Anger. Rage. You getting even the tiniest taste of blood." She said. Gerard choked.

"...My brother doesn't have any...does he?"

"I doubt it." Kaylyyn said, looking into the sky.

"Speaking of which...where the hell is my brother? And my friends?!" Gerard snapped.

"Now that, I don't know. I do know that they're here but I don't know where they are." Kaylyyn said. "...You know...since you have vampire genes in you, and are in the slow process of turning, you should be able to sense them." She eyed him

"But I can't...sense anything. How am I even supposed to sense them?" Gerard asked.

"You will, soon. You'll feel them as if they're touching you. It's really not that hard." She said, rising up off of the bench they'd sat down to talk at. "I have to go, now. I'll leave you to find your family on your own." She said.

Gerard looked down. "...Thank you. For explaining things to me." He said. "...I thought you were some deranged vampire that wanted my blood." He chuckled nervously.

"Of course not." She said, as if she'd been insulted. "...I do bet that your blood is quite tasty though..." She grinned, and then walked away.

"Kaylyyn!" Gerard called after her.

She stopped and turned around to face him, half shocked that he'd called her by her name. "Yes?" She asked.

"Is it...is it possible for you to cure a vampire...for them to become human again?" He asked.

Kaylyyn's eyes softened. "No, there isn't. Once you have the genes it's stuck in you. It's in your DNA. There's no changing /that/, dear." She said as she finally walked off.

Gerard hung his head in guilt and loss. He moved his thumbs across one another, deep in thought. Now he knew that there wasn't any way for Eileen to become human again. And as far as that goes...Gerard was in for it next. He shook his head at the thought, not knowing what to do now. Seriously this time, he had no idea /at all/, whatsoever, about what he was going to do. He was confused out of his mind.

All he could think of right now...was finding his brother and friends, and seeing if they were doing alright. But where would he look? He had nowhere to go, and he certainly didn't want to stay with Kaylynn after she'd been eyeing him like he was her dinner. He soon figured that she was flirting with him...and just as Kaylyyn said, he could feel that she was just flirting with him. He couldn't sense anything else. He really didn't feel like dealing with another female, or female vampire...except Eileen. When Kaylyyn said they were here...did she mean safe? Or captured? Or...dead? Gerard didn't want to think about the last one, or the second one. After all he'd learned from what Kaylyyn explained to him about the city, it was him...he was the one that lead them into Cemetery Drive. He was the reason why everyone wound up being captured, tortured, chased by the cops, and then being split up.

"If only I had.../grabbed/ her that day...swear to God.../none/ of this would've happened." He whispered to himself, putting his hand on his forehead.

Then he thought about the whole vampire gene part...it still would've ended badly if he'd changed and not been told at first. He would've been just like Eileen. Confused. Scared. Nervous. Paranoid. Though he was already feeling all four emotions at this point. He let out a heavy sigh and rose up off the bench. He stretched and placed his hands back into his coat pockets, looking into the glittering sky. He had to admit it...with the scenery, it was much more beautiful than New York at night. He looked back down, and focused on finding the group. All he wanted was to see if they were okay. Gerard looked around and listened to his instincts, he eyed a huge building that had a very familiar symbol on the front.

"The hell...a Heartagram?" Gerard squinted at it.

He knew that that was the symbol for the band HIM. The Heartagram was glowing, and as he squinted harder, he soon began to feel a part of his vampire genes kick in, he could now see it very clearly, he looked around and saw that there was a spotlight that shined the symbol onto the building. Although the spotlight was well hidden inside of a huge metal box with vents in it, Gerard could easily tell what it was. He immediately became curious of this...and decided to head towards the building.

"If there's one place Eileen would want to go..." Gerard smiled softly as he closed his eyes and shook his head. Before he knew it, he stopped dead in his tracks and began to feel a slight tingling all throughout his body. He stayed completely still, though the tingling began to slow down as he backed away from his destination.

"What the hell..." He muttered, taking a step forward. The tingly feeling came back. He took another step. And the tingly feeling became stronger. He took one more step. And he felt as if he could hear a familiar voice speaking into his ear. "Mikey?!" He said, spinning around in circles. He saw no Mikey. Not even a trace. Though he still heard voices. "I'm going out of it..." He shook his head. The voices still wouldn't go away. He soon felt as if someone had touched his shoulder, he spun around and saw no one. He then turned back around and faced the building with the Heartagram on it...and he knew that's where he needed to go.

"My God...she was right." Gerard muttered quietly before running as fast as he could down the street.



~~~~~


Eileen couldn't get to sleep. She tossed and turned in her bed and just couldn't get her hunger out of her head. She hadn't fed in nearly a day or two, and she was getting weak. She pushed the covers aside and got out of bed to go find Mikey. She had trouble getting to his room though, being as how weak she was she couldn't hardly walk. By the time she was about halfway to Mikey's door...she collapsed in the hallway, creating a loud thud.

Mikey heard this noise, and opened his door to look. He saw Eileen there, lying face first in the floor.

"Eileen?!" He exclaimed in a whisper. He leapt forward and shook her shoulder. "Eileen, wake up?! What's wrong?!"

"Mmnnhh..." Eileen muttered.

"...What?" Mikey rolled her over and she gasped, her eyes heavy and weak.

"Mikey...I've been able to hold on this long without feeling anything but..." Eileen breathed. "...I have to feed. Like /right now/...or I'm going to starve..." She said.

Mikey stared at her, hoping that she wasn't thinking about biting one of them.

"And no...I'm not going to bite any of you..." She glared. "Just...help me find someone...or something...I can't...hold on any longer..." She gasped, as Mikey helped her up.

"Alright...but I don't know how to find someone for you...I mean...someone who's not helping us..." Mikey said.

"I don't--"

"Is she hungry?" They both heard Leslie walk in, dressed in her pajamas, and holding a carton of milk and a cup.

"Um..." Mikey stuttered. "...Yeah...how did you--?"

"I'm a vampire. I can sense her." Leslie smiled at him. "Here..." Leslie opened the carton and poured crimson liquid into the cup and handed it to Eileen. "Think of it as coffee." She said.

Eileen's lips quivered at the smell, her eyes grew wide and she immediately took the cup and drank it in a split second. "Oh, God...more...seriously." Eileen breathed after taking the last gulp.

"Plenty more where that came from." Leslie laughed, handing Eileen the carton.

Eileen took it and held it up to where she could drink every last bit of the so called 'milk' in the carton. This way, Eileen wouldn't have to kill someone in order for her to live. Again, as quickly as ever, Eileen finished the entire carton and handed it to Leslie. "Oh, God.........thank you........." She gasped.

"Don't worry, if you ever get hungry there's plenty of blood inside cartons in the fridge. It keeps us vampires from killing others from drinking blood." Leslie nodded. "Wake me if you need anything else." She said, rising up and heading out of the door.

"Will that hold you?" Mikey asked. Eileen nodded.

"I should be okay, I--......" Eileen immediately paused. She grabbed Mikey's hand and clutched it tightly. "......Oh......" She whispered. "Mikey......" Eileen whispered, her eyes wide as ever.

"What is it? What's wrong now?!" Mikey said.

"I can feel him...I can feel Gerard!!" Eileen exclaimed, ordering Mikey to go wake the others up.


~~~~~


As Kaylyyn said, Gerard could feel his brother like he was touching him. He quickly made his way through the lobby, ignoring some of the employees shouting at him, he ran inside an elevator and went up as high as his instincts told him to. He tensed up, completely ready for anything, and hoping that he would be able to see his brother and friends again. The doors opened at the sound of the ding, Gerard didn't wait for them to completely open, he burst through them and ran to wherever he felt them, and finally he came across a door that his senses told him that it lead to the group. He tried to open the door, but it was locked.

"Fuck!" He shouted. He heard murmuring behind the door, people sounding as if they were in a panic, until he felt someone place a hand on his shoulder. "AUGH!" He yelped, turning around to see a young girl with short hair and dressed in black pajamas.

"Gerard???" She asked with astonishment.

"Who are--...who are you?" He stuttered, completely confused. He could feel that this girl was a vampire.

"You're here! How did you get here?" She asked, as if she was worried.

Gerard didn't answer.

"I'm not going to hurt you, are you here for your brother and friends?" She asked. His eyes lit up.

"How did you--...?" He asked, confused even more.

"Here..." Leslie said, unlocking the door and opening it for him. "...Your friends and brother are here, Gerard." She smiled.

Gerard was lost for words, but as he looked forward, he saw the entire group in the living room, gathered around and looking completely tired and worried at the same time. But until they realized that the door had been opened, and they saw an exhausted Gerard and happy Leslie standing in the doorway.

"Look who I found trying to break in!" Leslie cackled, receiving an insulted, yet completely shocked look from Gerard.

Before Gerard could say their names, Mikey was the first to tackle him into the floor. "Oh, God! I thought you were dead...! Oh thank God, you're alive..." Mikey cried into his brother's shoulder.

"I'm...fine, Mikey, I'm fine...are you okay?" Gerard said, raising up and placing his hands on Mikey's shoulders.

"I'm fine now..." Mikey said, still crying as he hugged his brother. "Oh, jesus you had me worried sick..." He said.

"I'm...fine..." Gerard said, smiling softly.

"DOG PILE, BITCH!" Frank shrieked as he and the others dove into the two brothers. Literally crushing them, as Leslie watched in amusement.

"Frank...you stupid...mother fucker..." Gerard coughed, rolling over, even though his legs were caught underneath Bob's body. Gerard rose up and looked around, and then noticed that there was no sign of Eileen. This made him worry a bit. "Hey guys, where's--"

"Gerard, you're never going to believe this...we found a cure for Eileen!" Mikey said, placing his hands on Gerard's shoulders.

Gerard didn't /swear/, he /knew/...that he felt his heart skip a beat or two at this.

".../What/?" He asked in a whisper. "...That's...that's impossible, I--...I was told that there wasn't a cure!" He said.

"And who told you /that/?" Leslie asked, placing her hands on her hips. "Kaylyyn?" She asked.

".........How..." Gerard stared at her. "...How do you know her?" He asked.

"Please...Kaylyyn is the trouble maker of the entire city. I'm already guessing she's explained everything about it to you...and about your genes?" She asked. Gerard nodded. "Well that saves me the trouble of having to explain everything all over again."

"But I don't understand..." Gerard said.

"Kaylyyn is a traitor. You should really keep your distance from a vampire like her. She will lie about some things to prevent people from finding out more about it." Leslie said. "Eileen is downstairs in the lab, and she is going through the process of being cured."

"...Can I see her?" Gerard asked.

"I can take you down there but as I said, she's in the process of being cured. You can't see her until she's finished." Leslie said, helping Gerard and Mikey up. "Follow me." Leslie said as she lead him and everyone out of the room and back down the hallway. "One more thing..."

"Yes?" Gerard asked.

"I want you to stay away from Kaylyyn." Leslie said. "She is nothing but a trouble maker and will get you into even deeper shit than you're already in." She said.

Gerard nodded at this...not knowing how deep he was already in...and he certainly didn't want to go any deeper.
Sign up to rate and review this story