Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Shadows of the Past

Lessons- Part 1

by fire-rose 2 reviews

Atlanta finds hope in simple sprint practice

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Fantasy, Romance - Published: 2007-06-29 - Updated: 2007-06-30 - 372 words

0Unrated
Well, finally I updated. I know you guys hate me for that. It's been at least a month- or actually three. So, I hope this is good for you guys.

********************************************

A surge of joy filled Atlanta as the wind rushed through her hair. Here she was free. She was at home at this well-tended track. She always felt this way when she ran.

Also, it was one of the only times she though deeply. Often, she was some one who lived on the surface, keeping fears and secrets buried deep within her. Like the one about her mother . . . Atlanta's heart sank at the thought of what today had been. But, today they were practicing sprints. She couldn't be upset about today. So, to lighten her mood, she decided to annoy Archie.

Turning around, she saw he was noticeably several paces behind her. It may have been only a few warm up laps, but she always liked to push herself. And, through his natural competitiveness, she was able to push Archie too.

"Hey, slowpoke," Atlanta called to him. He looked up for a moment, a strange smile on his face. "Am I too fast for you?"

"Nah, just saving my energy for the real race," he quickly retorted. Atlanta rolled her eyes.

"Fine, see you at the finish line."

Picking up speed for the last 100 metres or so, she sped off towards the end of the lap. She waited for Archie and the rest of her class to finish.

"Ok class lets prepare for class," Mr. Kartit announced, walking over to the clearly defined sprint lines. Atlanta's heart leaped. "Choose your partners."

Atlanta obviously chose Archie. Anyway, it wasn't like anyone would like to go against her. They didn't want to look that bad. But, luckily, Archie wasn't like that.

Taking a step forward, Atlanta felt a sharp pang in her right foot, along the arch. She pulled off her shoe and dumped out a rather large pebble.

Thank goodness I noticed it before sprints, Atlanta thought to herself.

********************************************

Ok, it was kinda short but at least I updated. This is only part one of the chapter really. Just an introduction. I'll try to post the second part up tomorrow. Please R&R!
Sign up to rate and review this story